ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Coaching Additions

Looks like the staff just got stronger through this re-org and addition of Golesh. Wish some on this site would be a little more patient with Heup...he's a very seasoned coach and understands how to fill needs well. Promoting guys within staff doing excellent work only motivates the staff to work even harder with the players. Plus new recruiter and motivational coach. We know we have 3 OCs on staff including Heup now (We went from Lebby and Heup to current setup with Heup still very much hands on with the offense. Remember how hands on GOL was with the defense...see Fiesta Bowl victory). This article speaks of so much good stuff we don't know about going on behind the scenes.

Thumps Up to Heup! Go Knights!

i'm really not that concerned about our offensive hires because i figure heup has that side under control. as long as we have shannon running the D we should be fine. on the offensive side these guys are here to learn from heupel.

Reactions: KnightVision82
All, please appreciate the Heup. He’s ethical, works hard, comes from a great coaching tree, has shown willingness to learn and be flexible. Sure it took him to long to make adjustments but this is he second season calling shots. Watching him evolve playbook over the course of season was a positive note.

Im sure he has now recognized teams will do things we haven’t seen on film (that seemed to be his response all season).

Start believing the Heup is real

All, please appreciate the Heup. He’s ethical, works hard, comes from a great coaching tree, has shown willingness to learn and be flexible. Sure it took him to long to make adjustments but this is he second season calling shots. Watching him evolve playbook over the course of season was a positive note.

Im sure he has now recognized teams will do things we haven’t seen on film (that seemed to be his response all season).

Yes. More TE this season I hope. I know he tried to use Hescock at the beginning with mixed success in passing game which is why I'm pushing for more Harris. Also, Matt Lee was a great blocker as the TE/FB in some sets for us. Heup has some different player skill sets and tinkering around to have fun with at TE.

Reactions: JAFFX2
What's the purpose/benefit of 2 Co-OC's?
There might not be a direct benefit to team performance. Heup has to manage the coaches career development. Titles are an easy way to move people up in their careers (even if you can't pay them more). I'm sure Heup will increase both their responsibilities though.

Reactions: PhDee and JAFFX2

The screen game that was missing all season showed up against marshall and was deadly. Now were going in involve TE’s again and be unstoppable

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I would much rather pay an OC with an established record that get two bargain coaches and hope they can do something. Obviously, "Knight Strength" will disagree.
When your HC is the play caller that gives you more money to pay assistants. Don’t need another guy to call plays.

I would much rather pay an OC with an established record that get two bargain coaches and hope they can do something. Obviously, "Knight Strength" will disagree.
Funny to see you talk about me to other posters three times now but you won't reply to my posts directed at you. Are you the type to yell some shit out the window when you drive by but when I see you on foot, you clam up?

I don't think I've expressed any opinion related to the IAST TE/OC hire. I hope he's a homerun hire but also feel like we need coaches with FL ties. It's recruiting 101. Maybe Heup thinks the need to get the TEs back in the game outweighs the difference a FL coach could make up in recruiting? Don't know yet.

Reactions: JAFFX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT