ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Predictions

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
Easy schedule: Louisville and Georgia Tech at home. If we play Cincinnati and SMU, we will get them at home too. No other AAC team can beat us on the road (except Tulsa).

Looks like a good chance for a 13-0 season with NY 6 bowl if nothing catastrophic happens.

Easy schedule: Louisville and Georgia Tech at home. If we play Cincinnati and SMU, we will get them at home too. No other AAC team can beat us on the road (except Tulsa).

Looks like a good chance for a 13-0 season with NY 6 bowl if nothing catastrophic happens.
Don’t we play Cinci every year?

2022 will actually happen.
Yes it's happening. The flu never stopped a season why should this. Now spectators in the stands could be another story. No reason for the teams not to play.
Before someone jumps off the ledge because of my post. Please track what is happening in South Africa where Omicron was first reported. They believe they already peaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finance2000Knight
I always hold out until after Spring practices to make predictions. If there is a bunch a starters and coaches turnover, I wait until Summer camp to make predictions.

In between now and practices I sit back and enjoy the accomplishments of the past season.

#UCFacts

We will make statements against GT and then blow the doors off Louisville.

We will open conference in a trap SMU game (we will survive)

Cincy will be a home Thursday night primetime ESPN game coming off a late season bye week

Reactions: PhDee
Yes it's happening. The flu never stopped a season why should this. Now spectators in the stands could be another story. No reason for the teams not to play.
Before someone jumps off the ledge because of my post. Please track what is happening in South Africa where Omicron was first reported. They believe they already peaked.
The state of Florida isn’t going back to shut downs or limited events.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Some of my best UCF memories was standing on the sidelines watching practice back in GOL days. It reminded me of my days when I played.
Agreed! I traveled 30 min+ to watch. Such an intimate look at the team. But I don't remember lording it over anyone when I did. Not honorable*

Reactions: U C to the F
Agreed! I traveled 30 min+ to watch. Such an intimate look at the team. But I don't remember lording it over anyone when I did. Not honorable*

Do you know SAD*?

Personally, I bought a house <10 minutes from the practice UCField so I had a short commute.

#UCFacts

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Some of my best UCF memories was standing on the sidelines watching practice back in GOL days. It reminded me of my days when I played.

OK I realize you might not want to identify yourself but, I'd love to know the half decade that you played at UCF, if you did. I'd love to know someone on here was someone I screamed my brain off for from 1984-1990 more or less. Either way, awesome. (embarrassing I know).

OK I realize you might not want to identify yourself but, I'd love to know the half decade that you played at UCF, if you did. I'd love to know someone on here was someone I screamed my brain off for from 1984-1990 more or less. Either way, awesome. (embarrassing I know).
Mark Giacone is always on Facebook. That could be him.

10 wins and a much more intimidating defense. An improved running game and passing game.

The play from the QB won't stop the team from winning 10 games but too many
questions remain to say we win it all.

Milton's freshmen year showed that he needed the time it afforded for him to improve.
Probably, the same for TC next year as Keene affords us the time to wait for TC to grow without throwing him immediately into the fire.

Games on the road will continue to be our biggest challenge at this point in the development of the program into a legit P5 team. Nonetheless, we have the chance to defeat all AAC opponents next season on the road if we can get better production out of the QB position. Simply being a more consistent running team wont help us in the big away games. The AAC teams have shown themselves as getting better in scoring. The new OC could be the "X" factor in getting a more rapid development from QBs and RBs next season.

Last season, I said at this point that I would be happy if we won 9 games and we did. We beat Boise State in game one and the Gators in the last game. We won an ugly game against USF and some other ugly games while winning 9 games and beginning the transformation of our roster to be a more competitive team for a grueling P5 schedule.

Therefore, I hope for a 10-win season and continued growth. If we win the AAC that is gravy to me as I'd like to see us continue to transition to being a team that is a fierce competitor for the Big 12 championship in 2023 and its first invitation to the CFP. This is more possible than saying that 2022 is going to be the year we arrive. I really don't want us to get a transfer QB at this point but rather love to see us land our first 5-star QB in 2023/4 recruiting class.

Reactions: akahotsizzle
The new OC could be the "X" factor in getting a more rapid development from QBs and RBs next season.
What I like about the hire is Chip is instantly on the same page with Gus. No learning on the scheme at all. Can focus more on coaching up than the playbook.

If I had a do over back in the early days of UCF in Division II, I wish that I tried to play for UCF. From Pop Warner up I always played and was never on the bench. At only 5'9 I never pursued college football the only thing I can go by is the guy that was my backup went on to play at Slippery Rock. I still finished college 2 years at Penn State finished my BA at Florida Southern and my Masters online. I have no regrets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT