ADVERTISEMENT

2023 and 2024 Schedule

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
This could very well be our schedule for 2023 and 2024. I've added the current AP Top 25 rankings. 5 in the top 18, 2 in the top 4, and Iowa St receiving votes. This doesn't even include a ranked Florida, Texas, or Boise St. Wow.

FCS
at Boise St
#14 BYU (OOC)
at ???
#18 Baylor
Kansas St
RV at Iowa St
at West Virginia
#4 Oklahoma
#17 at Houston
#2 Cincinnati
at Texas

FCS
#14 at BYU (OOC)
Liberty
at Florida
#17 Houston
#4 at Oklahoma
#18 at Baylor
Texas
RV Iowa St
at Kansas St
West Virginia
#2 at Cincinnati

I'd rather have a more challenging schedule with more hype around games (ideally with a chance to upset), than play against the Uconn/temples out there with higher win chances. And while it may take some seats from our fans, I think having more established fan bases with more visiting fans is better. Fills up the stadium better, and creates a better gameday environment compared to the AAC schools that send a handful at most. So consider me excited.

Either way the conference schedule will be a major upgrade. No more Tulsa, Tulane, etc. that nobody gets excited about. Can’t wait to have West Virginia, TT, TCU, Baylor, Ok St, Iowa State, Kansas, BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati on the schedule. The home games will be more fun for sure with larger crowds.

I’ve been spoiled with my front row seats since 2007. I hope “big” conference doesn’t mean they start trying to gouge us.

should be awesome seeing all the great talent play, win or lose (hopefully win a lot).

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Bigger stage = bigger prices

The question I have is if it’ll be this year or next when they raise them.

Well that will certainly suite you. :D
Luckily I’m not so destitute that I can’t afford to pay what’s needed to attend games. If you too had a life and a decent paying career, you could also afford to attend games and enjoy your life. Instead, you are a loser who lives in mommy’s basement; and you continually reinforce to the majority on this board who are laughing at you just how much of a Massengil you are by constantly commenting about how I spend my money. It’s especially telling when you’re commenting on a reply I posted over a year ago. lol

Last edited:
Here's my updated prediction:

Kent State
at #35 Boise St
Villanova
Texas Tech
at Baylor
#9 Kansas St
at Iowa St
at West Virginia
BYU
at Houston
at #28 Cincinnati
Oklahoma

Tough! 5-7 at best.

New Hampshire
Sam Houston
at Oklahoma St
Kansas
at Florida
Houston
at #9 Kansas St
at #3 TCU
West Virginia
at BYU
#28 Cincinnati
#20 Texas

8-4 at best

Rankings are current rankings.

Last edited:
Here's my updated prediction:

Kent State
at #35 Boise St
Villanova
Texas Tech
at Baylor
#9 Kansas St
at Iowa St
at West Virginia
BYU
at Houston
at #28 Cincinnati
Oklahoma

Tough! 5-7 at best.

New Hampshire
Sam Houston
at Oklahoma St
Kansas
at Florida
Houston
at #9 Kansas St
at #3 TCU
West Virginia
at BYU
#28 Cincinnati
#20 Texas

8-4 at best

Rankings are current rankings.
It's premature to say that we won't have a winning record with that 2023 schedule. Let's see what the portal and our recruiting delivers. Also, let's see if our coaches will step up and discuss the changes that they need to make to get to the level required to compete for championships in the B12. As this will be the 3rd year under Gus and T Will we should expect them to step up to the mic and share their objectives with us and how they plan to get us there.

If we are expecting true freshmen to step in and play meaningful minutes, we might be in trouble. Maybe one or two at the skill positions, but hopefully not on the LOS. We need to recruit there and see if we can land a player or two in the portal who can help us there. Maybe we can look to the portal to find somebody to develop the QB position. Then again, Mikey looked pretty good most of the time, just not much of a runner. Hopefully TC will be that much better of a passer next year, and with some time in the weight room he might be able to push for the starting spot. JRP needs to decide if he is going to be a football player or baseball player. Taking the spring off to play baseball only hinders his growth as a passer. Mikey went all in last spring and there was a remarkable improvement in his game. JRP could make that jump as well if he were to commit to football. He has the arm strength, he just needs to work on accuracy and building chemistry with his WR corps.

So it sounds like the schedule will be coming out at the end of January. I heard the delay has to do with Texas/Oklahoma trying to get out of the conference in 2024. Man I really hope they make both those schools play road games with the four new incoming teams. @ UCF, @ Cincinnati, @ Houston, and @ BYU and make the Cincy game be the last 2 games of the year so it's as cold as possible lol.

There's gotta be some serious ill will between the remaining schools and Texas/Oklahoma. I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those meetings.

Our AD tweeted it would be released Tuesday and some media ran with it and then he backtracked …not a good look

So it sounds like the schedule will be coming out at the end of January. I heard the delay has to do with Texas/Oklahoma trying to get out of the conference in 2024. Man I really hope they make both those schools play road games with the four new incoming teams. @ UCF, @ Cincinnati, @ Houston, and @ BYU and make the Cincy game be the last 2 games of the year so it's as cold as possible lol.

There's gotta be some serious ill will between the remaining schools and Texas/Oklahoma. I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those meetings.
I don't see why Brett Yormark would appease them and not make them travel to at least two new teams in the B12 (per year). Don't be nice to these people. They are screwing you so screw them. This will be his first true test as an AD. Be scared and let these teams get off without traveling to your new team's home, or screw them and make them travel to every new team's stadium. Look out for your own teams instead of appeasing the leaving schools.

Reactions: Oldest Man
I don't see why Brett Yormark would appease them and not make them travel to at least two new teams in the B12 (per year). Don't be nice to these people. They are screwing you so screw them. This will be his first true test as an AD. Be scared and let these teams get off without traveling to your new team's home, or screw them and make them travel to every new team's stadium. Look out for your own teams instead of appeasing the leaving schools.
What does making them travel to new teams as opposed to teams already in conference change about looking after his conference. He’d be better off making the 4 or 5 best returning teams get home games. So the conference champions would get an easier schedule. I am not sure the new schools will win it next year.

At this point as long as they can get the schedule beofe September i will be happy. Its been delayed since mid-October.

What does making them travel to new teams as opposed to teams already in conference change about looking after his conference. He’d be better off making the 4 or 5 best returning teams get home games. So the conference champions would get an easier schedule. I am not sure the new schools will win it next year.
Yeah you wouldn't understand. Belittle the leaving teams, make them bow down to the new kids on the block. Idc what anyone says UCF and BYU can compete. We shouldn't be playing defeatist entering the new conference.

Yeah you wouldn't understand. Belittle the leaving teams, make them bow down to the new kids on the block. Idc what anyone says UCF and BYU can compete. We shouldn't be playing defeatist entering the new conference.
Texas and Oklahoma run the Big12. ALWAYS have. The Commish just hopes they hang around long for big payday in 2023 before they exit the league. He could care less who plays where.

That would be like having US travel to 4 new AAC as our away games and Cincy, Tulane, Memphis and SMU at home. That wouldn’t be sticking it to us. It would be helping us.

That would be like having US travel to 4 new AAC as our away games and Cincy, Tulane, Memphis and SMU at home. That wouldn’t be sticking it to us. It would be helping us.
So it's not an advantage to UCF to host big names Texas and Oklahoma (which are very beatable right now) at home vs having to play them in their stadiums?

So it's not an advantage to UCF to host big names Texas and Oklahoma (which are very beatable right now) at home vs having to play them in their stadiums?
Texas going on the road at UCF, Houston, ect. is easier than going to TCU and some other B12 opponents. It's every advantage for UCF to get home games with everyone, but that only benefits UCF and no one else.

Doubt B12 is looking at the new teams joining as their saviors and wanting to set them up with anything favorable. Quick way to alienate the existing teams that have a lot of history. Generally speaking teams that join a new conference tend to be last in the pecking order.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Yes it’s an advantage to us. Not to the existing teams. The top existing teams should be helped first. In my example for this year, whoever is coming from CUSA, we travel to them and all the good existing teams come to us. That would have helped us. Not the conference. You want us to be helped in both instances.

Yes it’s an advantage to us. Not to the existing teams. The top existing teams should be helped first. In my example for this year, whoever is coming from CUSA, we travel to them and all the good existing teams come to us. That would have helped us. Not the conference. You want us to be helped in both instances.
That's why I even said "travel to 2 out of 4 new teams" - Example being have Texas travel to UCF/BYU/Kansas St./TCU. Not hard to do/appeases (mostly) everyone. Don't waste your time having these schools go to WVU/Iowa St. (no offense). Create excitement having these teams travel to places/face "upsets"- I'm telling you if this happens I would not be surprised at all and it would have been a good move for the B12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT