ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Season—Have a Take

Victoryisourcry

Five-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
I’m sure there will be BOOMs this summer and exciting news but in an era where players change teams at a rate seemingly higher than the NFL (and teams and conferences shift by the offseason), I’m at a point right now where I want to talk actual ball with folks. 2024 season fast approaching. Have a take? Put it out there.

Mine: the UCF defense is going to surprise people. The linebacker transfers we added plus the development of HS talent like Andrew Harris are going to make a big difference. We will not suffer through so many games where Kansas, K State, and West Virginia just ground and pound us to death (or where the bottom falls out like against Baylor). I think it would be a stretch to say this will be an elite defense but I am thinking top 40. Bad as it was last year, when it worked well, we gave headaches to DG and Oklahoma, shut down Ollie Gordon, and pinned Houston to the mat. Demari Henderson was a ball hawk, closest thing to it since Richie Grant; no, I don’t think he is better than Richie but that INT against GA Tech in an otherwise forgettable bowl game was pretty insane. John Walker is one year old, stronger, and experienced. Ricky Barber’s last chance to impress NFL scouts. Lee Hunter improved last year; why not more this year? Less hyped but still impressive Matthew Alexander is back. We have a new DC who despite the leaky roof jokes is more experienced and is bringing a more aggressive scheme which I think favors a team built on speed.

Thoughts? What’s your take, good, bad, or vague?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News