ADVERTISEMENT

$20M UCF Athletics Surplus (OS Link)

You can't say UCF isn't putting forth the effort on recruiting & marketing...we need to continue upping our contributions if we want to compete:

"Other areas that saw increases were recruiting and team travel, which were impacted significantly during the pandemic. Recruiting expenses rose 311% from $249,527 in 2020-21 to $1 million in 2021-22, while travel expenses increased 56% from $2.7 million in 2021 to $4.3 million in 2022.

Money spent on fundraising, marketing and promotions increased from $992,638 to $2.4 million."

"Donor contributions were reported at $14.3 million, an 86% increase from 2020-21, when the department reported contributions of $7.7 million."

$22M is like what USiF makes in 3yrs from the AAC. It is noted the cash is coming from philanthropic gifts and investment earnings and they have plenty of money to cover? Sounds fishy....my gut says they're strapped for cash if they can't even compete in the NIL game while they're paying off salaries of fired coaches.

Said it before....at some point, at some time, someone with a finance degree (not a politician) is going to put pen to paper and realize that building a $300+ million stadium for that program makes no sense whatsoever...especially when they can just rent RayJay a few times a year.

They need a facility that competes with their new and existing conference opponents. They seem locked in on being CSU like with the construction.

Most interesting detail to me was the design group being liable for games ($2m each) if not finished in time.

Most interesting detail to me was the design group being liable for games ($2m each) if not finished in time.
In that case if im the contractor i’d demand at least 50% of the payment of $300 mil up front in order to begin construction and quarterly installment payments thereafter to ensure I have the materials and labor needed.

But we all know USF is broke and this is nothing more than a pipe dream

They’ll put out drawings of a Bugatti type stadium, act like they’re building it…but actually end up in a “Yugo” of a stadium……if their broke program can even come up with the money for the Yugo.

UCF’s approach to building a stadium (and championship seasons) not only helped us get access to the Big XII’s $50 million a year payout…,but we also have a spare $20 million to spend this year.

We just keep reminding USF of the the clowns they are….and UCF laughs all the way to the bank to cash in million dollar checks every year.🤣

There has been a lot of bad press for usf lately, some made national news. The latest I saw yesterday is that via an audit they discovered they over charged online students by $8.6M. Sounds like they are deceiving and stealing the money from students to front this money. Or maybe they were just trying to recoup the millions one of their accountants stole a couple years ago by stealing from the students.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
They’ll put out drawings of a Bugatti type stadium, act like they’re building it…but actually end up in a “Yugo” of a stadium……if their broke program can even come up with the money for the Yugo.

UCF’s approach to building a stadium (and championship seasons) not only helped us get access to the Big XII’s $50 million a year payout…,but we also have a spare $20 million to spend this year.

We just keep reminding USF of the the clowns they are….and UCF laughs all the way to the bank to cash in million dollar checks every year.🤣
It should be noted that $20mm could easily modernize and improve our so-called “erector set” stadium they like to bash. Time to build the recovery cove and install WIFI throughout the stadium

There has been a lot of bad press for usf lately, some made national news. The latest I saw yesterday is that via an audit they discovered they over charged online students by $8.6M. Sounds like they are deceiving and stealing the money from students to front this money. Or maybe they were just trying to recoup the millions one of their accountants stole a couple years ago by stealing from the students.
Will be hillarious if they have to pay that back and then a judge slaps a $20-30million punitive damage fine on top of that 🤣

Has anyone heard the latest on the stadium expansion? I feel like it has gotten quiet. I also think we need to get the stadium seating north of 50,000 to be able to compete as a P5 program with recruits, etc.

They recently passed something to be less transparent

It seems like their entire University is acting out in panic. It is something to see from a distance . They had a snobby attitude towards how UCF did things then suddenly they try to mimic what we did 15-20 years ago. And I am not just talking Athletic Facilities

I think it was great foresight from several ADs, President Hitt, GOL, and the fact that the "Sleeping Giant" woke up at the right time. We had the right pieces at the right time to make every move. In 25 years, we went from an independent school to joining one of the Power 5 Conferences and having a seat at the big table. Our biggest assets are an expanding young alumni base, a school that is growing and continues to add new graduate programs and schools, and name recognition because we are successful on both the academic and athletic fronts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT