ADVERTISEMENT

SONS OF UCF LIVE: UCF Football Scrimmage Preview w/ former Asst. Coach Paul Lounsberry

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
We get ready for this week's UCF Football Scrimmage with former long-time Assistant Coach Paul Lounsberry. Coach attends every practice and provides insights on what he's seen this week. We're also joined by UCF Alum Kenny Morales, Sports Anchor in Tampa, as we discuss all things UCF Athletics.

All this and more here.

You'll find the Audio Version of this week's Sons of UCF LIVE Show here.

You'll find the Audio Version of this week's Sons of UCF LIVE Show here.

I would like you to ask Coach Paul Lounsberry about the offensive line, defensive ends, and kick returners.

Who is the backup left tackle? Who are the legit options at right guard and right tackle? IMO, these are the weak links of the offense.

How are the defensive ends and edge rushers looking? IMO, these are the weak links of the defense.

How are the kickoff and punt returners looking? IMO, these are the weak links of special teams.

(The coverage teams are truly the weak links, but you cannot evaluate those during spring practice. I think the new defense back additions will shore up these areas, but we will not know until the fall.)

Also, ask What are your thoughts on the UCF pass defense?

So much talk has centered on the run defense this offseason, but UCF faces only three opponents (West Virginia, Cincinnati, and Utah) that finished among the nation's Top 50 rushing offenses in 2023. Cincinnati's Corey Kiner is the only RB who finished among the nation's Top 50 rushers that UCF is scheduled to face.

Meanwhile, five 2024 opponents (TCU, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, and Iowa State) finished with Top 50 Passing Offenses--and all five return starting quarterbacks. In fact, UCF is scheduled to face four of the nation's Top 15 quarterbacks: Noah Fifita, Garrett Green, Shedeur Sanders, and Cam Rising.

Lastly, I want you to ask Is UCF is installing a 4-3 defense? Malachi Lawrence mentioned the defensive ends were "playing with their hands down" and Ted Roof referred to Ethan Barr, Deshawn Pace, and Ledarius Tennison as Mike, Will, and Sam linebackers in his most recent press conference. This suggests a 4-3 defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucf1
I would like you to ask Coach Paul Lounsberry about the offensive line, defensive ends, and kick returners.

Who is the backup left tackle? Who are the legit options at right guard and right tackle? IMO, these are the weak links of the offense.

How are the defensive ends and edge rushers looking? IMO, these are the weak links of the defense.

How are the kickoff and punt returners looking? IMO, these are the weak links of special teams.

(The coverage teams are truly the weak links, but you cannot evaluate those during spring practice. I think the new defense back additions will shore up these areas, but we will not know until the fall.)

So much talk has centered on the run defense this offseason, but UCF faces only three opponents (West Virginia, Cincinnati, and Utah) that finished among the nation's Top 50 rushing offenses in 2023. Cincinnati's Corey Kiner is the only RB who finished among the nation's Top 50 rushers that UCF is scheduled to face.

Meanwhile, five 2024 opponents (TCU, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, and Iowa State) finished with Top 50 Passing Offenses--and all five return starting quarterbacks. In fact, UCF is scheduled to face four of the nation's Top 15 quarterbacks: Noah Fifita, Garrett Green, Shedeur Sanders, and Cam Rising.

Lastly, I want you to ask Is UCF is installing a 4-3 defense? Malachi Lawrence mentioned the defensive ends were "playing with their hands down" and Ted Roof referred to Ethan Barr, Deshawn Pace, and Ledarius Tennison as Mike, Will, and Sam linebackers in his most recent press conference. This suggests a 4-3 defense.
Thanks for this. TT

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1

Worked your questions into this week's Show. Thanks again. TT

• Love
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT