ADVERTISEMENT

2nd to last drive…..

Thank you! It’s insane, almost intentionally self-inflicting. How can anyone defend Grandpa Boom. Down multiple scores in Gainesville, he uses all the play clock. Multiple times down the stretch tonight, he snaps the ball with 15-20 seconds on the clock.

It’s sabotage.

Why was Gus running hurry up offense when we needed to run the clock out. I don’t think he understands time management and doesn’t give this team a chance to win.
I can answer that. Gus didn't think the defense could stop Iowa State, so he had his foot on the gas. And you know what? Gus was right because the phantom PI call from the end zone told me all I needed to know. The Big 12 wants two teams on the playoffs and Iowa Sate is 7-0 and a feel good story of college football.

Against Florida, (I was at the game) UCF WRs could not get an inch of separation against Florida's DBs. KJ has received a LOT of undue criticism about that loss. He took a lot of "smart" sacks. He could have thrown the football away but he gave the WRs every opportunity to get open. They simply couldn't. UCF was outclassed in talent. Florida's front 7 shut down the run game, and UCF couldn't run the ball.

Gus could have run "hurry up" against Florida, but Florida would have won by 40. It would have been a black eye on the UCF program. Gus played it smart and ran out the clock, and the defense finished the game with a lot of confidence. UCF was one big play away from having an opportunity to steal the game with an inside kick. Gus gave RJ a chance to break a big run and he couldn't do it.

But you don't really want to hear the truth. You just want to b"tch and point fingers. So I don't even know why I bother answering your question.

I can answer that. Gus didn't think the defense could stop Iowa State, so he had his foot on the gas. And you know what? Gus was right because the phantom PI call from the end zone told me all I needed to know. The Big 12 wants two teams on the playoffs and Iowa Sate is 7-0 and a feel good story of college football.

Against Florida, (I was at the game) UCF WRs could not get an inch of separation against Florida's DBs. KJ has received a LOT of undue criticism about that loss. He took a lot of "smart" sacks. He could have thrown the football away but he gave the WRs every opportunity to get open. They simply couldn't. UCF was outclassed in talent. Florida's front 7 shut down the run game, and UCF couldn't run the ball.

Gus could have run "hurry up" against Florida, but Florida would have won by 40. It would have been a black eye on the UCF program. Gus played it smart and ran out the clock, and the defense finished the game with a lot of confidence. UCF was one big play away from having an opportunity to steal the game with an inside kick. Gus gave RJ a chance to break a big run and he couldn't do it.

But you don't really want to hear the truth. You just want to b"tch and point fingers. So I don't even know why I bother answering your question.
He didn’t think that the defense could stop them, so he hurried up and gave the ball right back to them and put the defense back on the field after running 40 seconds off the clock.

That actually sounds like Gus…

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior

TLDR; **** off.

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
He didn’t think that the defense could stop them, so he hurried up and gave the ball right back to them and put the defense back on the field after running 40 seconds off the clock.

That actually sounds like Gus…
Auburn is a Gus defending buffoon. Makes no sense but he never makes sense

Listening to him talk is so infuriating at this point. I was furious when we hired him so just imagine how I feel currently.
I have to admit I liked the hire we had to do something as the change came in the spring. In fact, I liked it till the last year of the AAC when he refused to change the offense. I did not realize that he ran such a high school offense and was committed to it forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Gus has no confidence in the passing game. Other than Hudson, Pittman, and Harvey on a wheel route, not one of our receivers gets separation.

Every time I see a pass downfield our receiver is totally blanketed and it’s a forced 50/50 ball. Hard to believe we don’t have talent, considering how many great WRs we’ve historically recruited as 2 star receivers. UCF has always recruited stud skill players. Never had a problem getting above average RBs or WRs.

I just don’t believe we don’t have WR speed, size, and talent. This has to be coaching and scheme. I may have been too harsh on KJ’s passing. Every QB will miss some passes as both KJ and Jacurri have. Receivers will drop some passes as Pittman did on a nice pass from Jacurri.

But, Maybe KJ and Jacurri are not throwing the ball because no one’s even close to being open and they don’t want to throw a pick?

I think other than Hudson and our TE Pittman who do we have?…double cover Hudson and we essentially have no receivers and no passing game.

Gus has no confidence in the passing game. Other than Hudson, Pittman, and Harvey on a wheel route, not one of our receivers gets separation.

Every time I see a pass downfield our receiver is totally blanketed and it’s a forced 50/50 ball. Hard to believe we don’t have talent, considering how many great WRs we’ve historically recruited as 2 star receivers. UCF has always recruited stud skill players. Never had a problem getting above average RBs or WRs.

I just don’t believe we don’t have WR speed, size, and talent. This has to be coaching and scheme. I may have been too harsh on KJ’s passing. Every QB will miss some passes as both KJ and Jacurri have. Receivers will drop some passes as Pittman did on a nice pass from Jacurri.

But, Maybe KJ and Jacurri are not throwing the ball because no one’s even close to being open and they don’t want to throw a pick?

I think other than Hudson and our TE Pittman who do we have?…double cover Hudson and we essentially have no receivers and no passing game.
A lot of the perceived WR problems are because of the playbook and play calling. Gus doesn't run a full range of routes. When's the last time he used a comeback or a rub route let alone bubbles or hitches? The answer is never. He just throws 50-50 balls, a few slants and wheel routes. He has an entire spring and fall to work with the QB's on their passing skills and extending the passing game and it's obvious that he doesn't. And the fact that he prefers to play QB's who are primarily runners is a testament to his lack of interest in a more sophisticated passing game. Without a Heisman winning QB who can run, his offense is mediocre at best. As soon as fiscally possible, he needs to go.

A lot of the perceived WR problems are because of the playbook and play calling. Gus doesn't run a full range of routes. When's the last time he used a comeback or a rub route let alone bubbles or hitches? The answer is never. He just throws 50-50 balls, a few slants and wheel routes. He has an entire spring and fall to work with the QB's on their passing skills and extending the passing game and it's obvious that he doesn't. And the fact that he prefers to play QB's who are primarily runners is a testament to his lack of interest in a more sophisticated passing game. Without a Heisman winning QB who can run, his offense is mediocre at best. As soon as fiscally possible, he needs to go.
No. It is because Agiye Hall got busted with dope.

Put Agiye at X, Kobe at Y, and Ja'Varrius at slot and UCF outmatches every team in he Big 12.

Kobe and Ja'Varrius cannot beat the No. 1 and No. 2 corners they face.

• Haha
Reactions: Willie Knightime
No. It is because Agiye Hall got busted with dope.

Put Agiye at X, Kobe at Y, and Ja'Varrius at slot and UCF outmatches every team in he Big 12.

Kobe and Ja'Varrius cannot beat the No. 1 and No. 2 corners they face.
I call bs on you ...again. You've already been wrong telling us how much better we'd be at WR with Ja'Varrius and now you claim that a pot head would have made the difference. Just go back into your hole and please get the hell off this board. Your man Gus is getting closer to being on his way out along with his buddy, the AD. And it won't come soon enough.

I call bs on you ...again. You've already been wrong telling us how much better we'd be at WR with Ja'Varrius and now you claim that a pot head would have made the difference. Just go back into your hole and please get the hell off this board. Your man Gus is getting closer to being on his way out along with his buddy, the AD. And it won't come soon enough.
Nooo, I want him to stay. He has me laughing alot this morning while listening to the Jags lol.

Reactions: connerito
Yeah. I just pull this stuff out of my azz. Oh wait, I posted a depth chart in June.

I had Agiye Hall starting at X leading up to the announcement of his arrest. I even kept Kobe at Z and Ja'Varrius at slot and inserted Jacoby Jones, who sucks, at X

But argue with facts.

EDIT: Xavier Townsend is so f'ing mid that I had Jones starting over him at X AFTER A. Hall was "dismissed" in August.

Here is the original:

X
Agiye Hall (Texas Transfer)
Jacoby Jones (Ohio Transfer)

Z
Kobe Hudson (AUBURN Transfer)
Chauncey Magwood (Kentucky Transfer)

Slot
Ja'Varrius Johnson (AUBURN Transfer)
Xavier Townsend

Y/Flex TE/HB
Randy Pittman, Jr.
Trent Whittemore (Florida Transfer)

Last edited:
Yeah. I just pull this stuff out of my azz. Oh wait, I posted a depth chart in June.

I had Agiye Hall starting at X leading up to the announcement of his arrest. I even kept Kobe at Z and Ja'Varrius at slot and inserted Jacoby Jones, who sucks, at X

But argue with facts.

EDIT: Xavier Townsend is so f'ing mid that I had Jones starting over him at X AFTER A. Hall was "dismissed" in August.

Here is the original:

X
Agiye Hall (Texas Transfer)
Jacoby Jones (Ohio Transfer)

Z
Kobe Hudson (AUBURN Transfer)
Chauncey Magwood (Kentucky Transfer)

Slot
Ja'Varrius Johnson (AUBURN Transfer)
Xavier Townsend

Y/Flex TE/HB
Randy Pittman, Jr.
Trent Whittemore (Florida Transfer)
I know what you wrote and it's all bs....move along and take Gus with you.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
This 100%.

A competent coach evaluates his personnel and creates an offense based on its talents. Conversely, Gus forces the round peg into the square hole every season.

You can’t tell me our wrs can’t perform well in an offense that focuses on short to mid range routes. It’s nonexistent. No emphasis.

For the last 2 seasons we should have had 80+% of our passing game in the short to mid range. Grow from there based on competency or if the go route is wide open.

Instead, our offense is based on our QB putting blinders on go routes. Blinders should be based on passes that have highest chance of success.

Why was Gus running hurry up offense when we needed to run the clock out. I don’t think he understands time management and doesn’t give this team a chance to win.
Dennis the Menace didn’t understand it either but a Heisman-level QB and NFL talent was able to overcome it.

Reactions: connerito

What a joker this AL1 character is. “Could have been a black eye on the UCF program”. Did you see GameDay? They said “UCF is free falling”.

This guy is mad and clueless. Orlando press, fans and boosters are done with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT