ADVERTISEMENT

3-6 Temple Beats Wichita in Overtime

Crazy game. Temple eventually beats Wichita in OT.

Now Tulsa is up by 10 vs SMU in the 2nd half.

The AAC should have (4) teams in the tournament this year, (3) in the NIT, and at least (1) in the CBI/CIT.

That is over half the league - and it shows the depth of the American.

Reactions: UCFhonors
This is what the shockers came for! I don’t have anything personally against them, I even like them a bit, but I really didn’t want them winning the conference title this year just because they are not playing with AAC recruits
If they go as an at large, then thats fine, they've had a good program and remember they are joining our conference to add more value...not the other way around.
Id rather see an original be the tourney champ. Its a win win.

Last edited:
Temple got some big wins ooc wise and did a UCF 2011 conference until some big wins lately.
Here's their record before tonight.
RPI Rank: 46 SOS Rank: 3 Record: 11-10 (3-6)

The AAC should have (4) teams in the tournament this year, (3) in the NIT, and at least (1) in the CBI/CIT.

That is over half the league - and it shows the depth of the American.

Well put!

The 5th place team in the AAC should be a bubble team. I fear we will be that team.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Both Wichita State and SMU (lost to Tulsa) go down.

AAC is a much deeper conf for Wichita State than their old home, Missouri Valley Conf...but in the end, tougher competition might help WSU come March Madness (knocked out if 2nd round in 3 out of the last 4 years).

AAC is a much deeper conf for Wichita State than their old home, Missouri Valley Conf...but in the end, tougher competition might help WSU come March Madness (knocked out if 2nd round in 3 out of the last 4 years).
Except for 2013/2014, the issue with Wichita State is their great years reward them with low seeds.which is the reason for the move....in hopes that beating better rated RPI teams will net them a favorable seed in the tourney.
I'll be rooting for them to win out until March 1st when they play at CFE Arena. #goknights

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT