ADVERTISEMENT

3 reasons why we lost

1) 6 turnovers by a freshman QB on his first start
2) plenty of missed holding calls (I counted 16)
3) one or two questionable 4th down decisions

Still, the fact that we lost on double OT against a P5 team when our freshman QB making his first start commited 6 turnovers, dealing with shitty refs and making some WTF decisions on 4th down is something you can kinda hang your hat on.

1) 6 turnovers by a freshman QB on his first start
2) plenty of missed holding calls (I counted 16)
3) one or two questionable 4th down decisions

Still, the fact that we lost on double OT against a P5 team when our freshman QB making his first start commited 6 turnovers, dealing with shitty refs and making some WTF decisions on 4th down is something you can kinda hang your hat on.

6 fumbles but 3 lost. 4 TOs total (not 6 total)

You do get my point though?

I get your point. It was a lot! We don't like turnovers.

Do you get our point? We understand why he had turnovers: freshman, 1st start, 1st pt.
If this was a senior, no Bueno!
This is most likely an outlier performance.

Milton had 4 TOs in his first college game against a team favored by 10 pts.

In comparison, Blake Bortles had 3 turnovers in the 2nd game this week. It's his 3rd season in the NFL. Do you bench him? No. Let him play. He has the talent and there will be more ups than downs.
Same with Milton.

I get your point. It was a lot! We don't like turnovers.

Do you get our point? We understand why he had turnovers: freshman, 1st start, 1st pt.
If this was a senior, no Bueno!
This is most likely an outlier performance.

Milton had 4 TOs in his first college game against a team favored by 10 pts.

In comparison, Blake Bortles had 3 turnovers in the 2nd game this week. It's his 3rd season in the NFL. Do you bench him? No. Let him play. He has the talent and there will be more ups than downs.
Same with Milton.
Did you not read my post? I said the fact we lost in double OT when we made so many mistakes is actually a plus.

The point is that Milton turned it over, because it was his first game.

We almost won anyway vs a decent P5 Big-10 team favored by 10.

Those are correctible mistakes.

Milton moved the ball and made
plays. The offense ran more like it was supposed to be run vs Maryland, more than any other game.

So......, between that and what Frost saw in camp, Milton is the starter

I think there are only a few posters here who disagree with him starting

Reactions: jetsaholic
The point is that Milton turned it over, because it was his first game.

We almost won anyway vs a decent P5 Big-10 team favored by 10.

Those are correctible mistakes.

Milton moved the ball and made
plays. The offense ran more like it was supposed to be run vs Maryland, more than any other game.

So......, between that and what Frost saw in camp, Milton is the starter

I think there are only a few posters here who disagree with him starting
I'm fine with him starting but you can't fix small hands. I'm willing to bet Milton plays this year and we have a new freshman QB starting next year

I'm fine with him starting but you can't fix small hands. I'm willing to bet Milton plays this year and we have a new freshman QB starting next year
That would be fine. Then we'd have a great backup and a returning offensive squad already proficient in Frost's system. Either way, we're ahead of the game. Sure beats having either senior QB uncomfortable with directing the play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT