ADVERTISEMENT

4 TE commits?

firm_bizzle

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2008
We just got our 4th TE commitment from Nigel Kilby bringing us to a total of 20 commits. I understand that we are losing Akins, Colubaile and Franks but we have Hescock and Roberson coming back. Do we need 4 TEs? Seems like we could use some OLs.

I think TEs, if they can block, are used a lot in this offense. On a run play they are fast and can get to the second level to block. In the passing game they're a big body that can run shallow slants and be possession receivers. Atkins needs to be accounted for and draws the safety's attention from our WRs. It's important we have someone who can step in there.

The plan is to use many TE sets. TEs are a mismatch coverage knightmare. This innovative approach is going to make WRs obsolete. Credit the staff for having the vision and fortitude to pull this off.

We just got our 4th TE commitment from Nigel Kilby bringing us to a total of 20 commits. I understand that we are losing Akins, Colubaile and Franks but we have Hescock and Roberson coming back. Do we need 4 TEs? Seems like we could use some OLs.
Legrone and McGriff will probably be wide receiver hybrids. They are alot like Gabe Davis who technically came in as a tight end because he played that in high school

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Highly doubt all 4 stay at TE. With the frames these kids have one could bulk up and be an athletic tackle, one a rush end, one a WR and one stays a TE. With the way the coaching staff is using talent just sign the most talented kids and figure out where to play them once they get here.

Thats the great thing about this offense, no player is really glued to a position.

Love to see Les Miles at UCF!
The Hell you say!!! As an LSU fan I put up with that crap as long as I could. I was on Les' side until the very end. His quirks were fun when we won in spite of them, but when we lost because of them it was a real kick in the balls! I don't wish Les on anyone except Alabama and Ohio State!!!

Geaux Knights!

Reactions: firm_bizzle
hell no to retreads. the coaching carousel talk sucks but I'd rather go with the young offensive mind ladder climber over coaches that 'settle'(see Tubs at Cincy)

But Frost is our our Bowden so it's doesn't matter*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT