ADVERTISEMENT

50,000 strong? What happened to ECU?

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
found on twitter

Here's a mid-season look at #AAC football attendance, the top-half of the league in home game average:

1. UCF -- 44,415
2. Cincinnati -- 37,893
3. Memphis -- 37,501
4. South Florida -- 35,574
5. #ECU -- 35,155
6. Navy -- 32,398

Pirates are at UCF on Saturday night.

Easy:
2019 (3-3; Only wins are William and Mary, Gardner Webb, and Old Dominion)
2018 (3-9)
2017 (3-9)
2016 (3-9)
2015 (5-7)

It costs a lot of money to buy season tickets, tailgate, babysitters, etc.... Not to mention giving up all or part of a day for many families. It is not an inconsequential expense for most people. When your program doesn't seem to care I can understand why people walk away. You can watch them lose from home for a 80-90% reduction in cost (just guessing).

Funny how things change. I remember some posters from ECU being here constantly talking trash, many years ago

35,000 is pretty impressive for a team that's averaged 3 wins over the past 3 years.

Those are "announced figures as many of their past games barely past the 15k mark but most were announced 30k.

What's made it worse for ECU is their games day revenue is way down (lower Tix sales and fewer actual attendance) yet ECU just spent $50 Million on new press box, suites and club level.

They are hurting big-time on their balance sheet.

They have a lot of bandwagon fans who bailed and went back to be NC State, UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, etc. fans when EZU started to lose. I have family up there who make fun of the entire school because people from NC think of it as the 13th grade.

found on twitter

Here's a mid-season look at #AAC football attendance, the top-half of the league in home game average:

1. UCF -- 44,415
2. Cincinnati -- 37,893
3. Memphis -- 37,501
5. #ECU -- 35,155
6. Navy -- 32,398

I went to the USF/Wisconsin game. They announced 40k+. No way was there more than 12K. Before you ask, I went to watch a kid who is like a son to me play his first college game for USF. He was offered and should have went to UCF, but that's another story.

Also, USF hosted my 2021 6'6" 300lb nephew at the BYU game. They offered him. I call him Pancake, because that's what he does. He'll probably get a UF offer at some point. UCF has yet to reach out to him. Go figure.

Last edited:
found on twitter

1. UCF -- 44,415
2. Cincinnati -- 37,893
3. Memphis -- 37,501
5. #ECU -- 35,155
6. Navy -- 32,398

In what universe is usf averaging 35k at home hahahahahaha

Reactions: RunawayKnight
Here is what the cows actual homecoming attendance looked like last week vs BYU when they listed 35,375 (more than half full).

Reactions: Knight Strength
Those are "announced figures as many of their past games barely past the 15k mark but most were announced 30k.

What's made it worse for ECU is their games day revenue is way down (lower Tix sales and fewer actual attendance) yet ECU just spent $50 Million on new press box, suites and club level.

They are hurting big-time on their balance sheet.
What you’ve been told is a good bit off base. I’ve bought season tickets and attended ECU games for over 35 years. There have been over 30k at every game this year. I’ve become pretty good at predicting attendance by looking around the stadium. At no game has only 15k been in the stands. That would be correct if one side in the lower deck was full from the 10 to the 10 and all other seats in the 51k stadium was empty. Once we begin to be competitive again we will quickly be back in the 40s each game. Don’t listen to to ACC fans in the area...it would be like listening to the UF fans in your area...no respect. My cousin is an UF fanatic...no respect for UCF.

I have enjoyed and pulled for UCF the last few years. Thanks for carrying the AAC banner. We hope to be helping you soon.

Reactions: OtterKnight
What you’ve been told is a good bit off base. I’ve bought season tickets and attended ECU games for over 35 years. There have been over 30k at every game this year. I’ve become pretty good at predicting attendance by looking around the stadium. At no game has only 15k been in the stands. That would be correct if one side in the lower deck was full from the 10 to the 10 and all other seats in the 51k stadium was empty. Once we begin to be competitive again we will quickly be back in the 40s each game. Don’t listen to to ACC fans in the area...it would be like listening to the UF fans in your area...no respect. My cousin is an UF fanatic...no respect for UCF.

I have enjoyed and pulled for UCF the last few years. Thanks for carrying the AAC banner. We hope to be helping you soon.

I haves enjoyed and pulled for UCF the last few years. Thanks for carrying the AAC banner. We hope to helping you soon.

I said "in past games" (i.e. last few years) as you know all the media reports with even quotes from ECU Leaders about their attendance issues when so few fans were showing up on beautiful game days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT