ADVERTISEMENT

7 days...why recruiting time is critical

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...higan-notre-dame-duke-ucf-20160126-story.html

We're going toe to toe with Michigan, Notre Dame, etc. Time to build relationships is critical for getting these blue chip / local recruits.

Hopefully next year we'll have both time and a winning formula on display during recruiting season.

What sucked about the article was the this: "They were in the race and I really like UCF, but it's really hard to put them over Notre Dame and Michigan."

For some, these traditional power houses will always be above us, just off of name. I can't blame some of them. These schools have more tradition, and resources to attract. But kids really need to open their eyes. Better opportunities to play elsewhere than these schools.

Regardless, Charge On!

It will be a rare day when we beat out Michigan and ND for players. Which is OK. If we get a decent share of what is left after the top 15 to 20 programs get theirs, we will be just fine.

What sucked about the article was the this: "They were in the race and I really like UCF, but it's really hard to put them over Notre Dame and Michigan."

For some, these traditional power houses will always be above us, just off of name. I can't blame some of them. These schools have more tradition, and resources to attract. But kids really need to open their eyes. Better opportunities to play elsewhere than these schools.

Regardless, Charge On!
Michigan hit the coaching lottery with Harbaugh bc he's an alumn. Before him they were really in a lull and starting to fade as an option for top prospects and I doubt they would have attracted a coach w his resume without any tie to Michigan. Les Miles turned them down years ago to stay at LSU.

Danny Kannell was talking about the recruiting process for him and said he visited Michigan the final weekend before signing day & it was gray + cold the entire weekend and he said "there's no way I can go to school here for 4 years" then committed to Florida State [laughing]. UCF is going to lose most of the SEC, FSU battles but it would help a lot to keep these Big10 Programs out of our neighborhood. Harbaugh is even going to hold Spring Practice in Florida.

UCF is the place to be! Nice weather, great school, nice classmates (pretty women), a better opportunity to start than ND or Alabama, league championships, bowl games, accepted as legit by the NFL and alumni who have won both Super Bowls and been to the Pro Bowl.

Son, does it really get much better than this? Is it more important for you to say you were accepted at one of the top 10 football programs and risk missing out on the list above? Don't be deceived!

:)

Reactions: Poolside Knight
UCF is the place to be! Nice weather, great school, nice classmates (pretty women), a better opportunity to start than ND or Alabama, league championships, bowl games, accepted as legit by the NFL and alumni who have won both Super Bowls and been to the Pro Bowl.

Son, does it really get much better than this? Is it more important for you to say you were accepted at one of the top 10 football programs and risk missing out on the list above? Don't be deceived!

:)

You sold me! Can I commit to come back to UCF for a third time??!!!

We just need duh slant to write some nasty articles about Michigan like this to help us out: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...21/michigan-jim-harbaugh-recruiting/79133614/
We just need duh slant to write some nasty articles about Michigan like this to help us out: http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...21/michigan-jim-harbaugh-recruiting/79133614/

I have no problem with Harbaugh doing this. Kids need to learn responsibility. There are hundreds of millions of dollars on the line. If a kid wants to flip commits, so should the school. If they want a spot they should have to sign their name. That would cut out all of this garbage.

We need a large RV all painted up with UCF stuff for our in-state recruiting to be used for FL. visits.
Also, a paid driver so the recruiters can continue to make phone calls and do twitter while they're driving around.
The recruit can meet with our coaches in the RV and watch UCF promo videos.

Can we get White to raise money for this?

We need a large RV all painted up with UCF stuff for our in-state recruiting to be used for FL. visits.
Also, a paid driver so the recruiters can continue to make phone calls and do twitter while they're driving around.
The recruit can meet with our coaches in the RV and watch UCF promo videos.

Can we get White to raise money for this?

Tractor trailer all done up in UCFast branding with a swimming pool full of coeds:

ffe54d5dab84cd4ba3442fc98ea0fa21.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT