ADVERTISEMENT

86-64

They have been steers all year. Our RPI was guaranteed to drop like 10 spots just for having then on our schedule twice.

Amazing game.

Gosh that was a fun one. Matt Williams was on fire. And everyone was contributing.

Great to see the walkons on the floor at the end. Doesn't get to be better knight than that!

Reactions: UCFProf
  • USF had a perfect game: all possible ways to commit a turnover! Meanwhile, UCF didn't reach 10 turnovers til late.
  • I knew they'd finally talk BJ into playing a point guard: more assists than points, getting all his teammates involved!
  • Bookends for Matt: I was in my old seat when Matt got into a game after appendicitis forced him to miss the first few games as a frosh. He only played 12 minutes and shot 7-9 from 3-point range (missed first and last) to be voted conference player of the week! Tonight, in his 5th year, he finally buried that career high with 11 3's (after missing his first 3 attempts). They were feeding him and nobody on USF was shadowing him the way Houston did. What's remarkable is that neither Donny nor Johnny set many screens for Williams. They don't need to because he has the size, pro range, and quick release to do it himself.
  • The first overfull student section (the rest put in the upper deck corner). It clearly wasn't just the free T-shirts. The word's getting out. The late arriving crowd really got into it, too, unlike the stunned Saturday crowd for Houston ("hey, we ain't folding!? -- maybe we're actually special!").
  • Tonight, the women's tennis team was honored.
  • USF a good shooting team, create shots, and take what we give them. Their weakness is defense and ball handling.
  • Got a kick out of seeing the grandson of Henry Bibby for USF; I saw Henry Sr. play all his frosh games in the 1960s.
  • A group kept screaming to Matt, "SHOOT IT" when he was 85 ft from the basket. Check for booze at the entrance ;)
  • Nice to have a laugher before all the upcoming tough games. Even nicer that we are playing like a team!

Good game. I watched all the way to the end. I agree Dawkins should have called off the dogs earlier. Maybe it would have been a good time to practice breaking a full court press. Although the game was out of hand there were a lot of ugly turnovers the final few minutes. Lost teaching moment by Dawkins. Not complaining, just an observation. Go Knights!

Reactions: UCFhonors
Not anymore since we earlier this year added a Grad Asst and the team manager to the roster. Only kept Chad on the floor, and sat Nick who doesn't start anymore now that B.J. and AD are healthy.
You're right, playing with a grad asst and the equipment manager on the floor is not playing with 3. My bad.

I think if all the starters sit, we only have 3 on the floor.

That...plus Dawkins wanted Williams to come out on a whistle stoppage so he could get a standing ovation...and not during media timeout when some other starters came out of the game.

Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT