ADVERTISEMENT

A Big 12 QB...

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004

Castellanos goes to BC...Why? Only good reason is that HC knew that we need bigger athletic dudes at QB.
Jefferson fits this bill. All QBs just about in Big 12 we played against were bigger than ours and tougher.
Just saying its time to consistently go bigger and able to run and pass.
This is how GT and Big 12 teams beat us this season with their QBs.

This means that many of existing QBs on our roster will not be there in 2-3 years if we are able to properly recruiting at the QB position. No more G5 recruiting at QB position.

Not sure if serious....Gus recruited TC, and just a week ago a under 6' guy that has a small frame and would be a HS senior next season. So he hasn't been focused on size as a requirement to run his offense at all. JRP 6', McClain 6' 1".

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle

Castellanos goes to BC...Why? Only good reason is that HC knew that we need bigger athletic dudes at QB.
Jefferson fits this bill. All QBs just about in Big 12 we played against were bigger than ours and tougher.

This means that many of existing QBs on our roster will not be there in 2-3 years if we are able to properly recruiting at the QB position. No more G5 recruiting at QB position.
Like Joey Gatewood.

I'm just kidding. After thinking about done time, the only way UCF lands Jefferson is if Sonny Dykes won't okay him for TCU. The only way that happens is Dykes is running his offense at TCU and Kendal Briles is just calling plays. Kind of like Gus and Darin. Ironic I know.

Last edited:

From behind the paywall of a TCU site...
  • Jeremy Clark from 247 is contradicting the reporting from On3 - he says there's been no contact between TCU & Jefferson

This is hilarious. Some troll made a KJ Jefferson parody Twitter account where he referred to himself as "a 2⭐ portal QB at best, 1 read run."

🤣🤣🤣

And some numbnuts Director of Player Personnel for FAU DM'ed him asking for his cell.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Like Joey Gatewood.

I'm just kidding. After thinking about done time, the only way UCF lands Jefferson is if Sonny Dykes won't okay him for TCU. The only way that happens is Dykes is running his offense at TCU and Kendal Briles is just calling plays. Kind of like Gus and Darin. Ironic I know.
Gotta wonder if Gus' experience with Joey slowed him down in staying with the trend.

Fact remains that QB size in the NFL is a good model for seeking QB recruits in college. Also, lately, there are a lot of larger QBs that are mobile. Joey wasn't mobile. JRP was injured 2 seasons in a row as a smaller running QB. Castellanos was injured
for a number of games this season as well while starting for BC.

As a fan I'm just tired of watching other teams with bigger QBs running over our team while our QB goes down at first contact. Trujillo is 6'3" but other QBs don't fit the model unless we get Jefferson onboard.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT