ADVERTISEMENT

A Look Back At What Could Have Been

U C to the F

Silver Knight
Feb 15, 2021
I feel like these things listed are my “What Could Have Been”:

- I’ll state the obvious 11-0…
- Gus calling plays to get both Holler and Gamble more involved in the passing plays, especially with the limitations of our QBs needing TE routes. Also maybe more slants with the WRs and/or middle of the field usage? The OL had everyone on the All-AAC team except Grable, how is that possible? The mismanagement of Gamble is mind boggling, weirdest thing all season to me. He’s a talent wasted, feel for the guy getting duped to come here and waste away.
- Terrence Lewis and Brandon Jennings. Wtf? So they didn’t crack the initial 2 deep, but both would have seen significant playing time. I still feel like they are both super talented, would have made a difference. Wasted opportunity for both of them.
- The Landon Woodson injury hurt. I feel like he was positioned to have a breakout DE season opposite Drop or at least spelling him. We really missed additional pressure on the DL.
- TC starting from the beginning. Everyone has expressed having a hybrid QB of JRP’s athleticism and MK’s throwing (TC has way better arm btw) and I think he’s it. Ask yourself if we really would be worse than 8-3 with him in at QB this season. We’d be 8-3 or better, he’d have a year of playing experience before Big12 play too.
- Bowser went to draft last year and paved way for a Johnny Richardson/MAR and RJ Harvey mix of a backfield. Probably an unpopular opinion, but Bowser has been a huge disappointment and took snaps away from real playmakers from JR and MAR. Will probably lose both to the portal too, JR at least should have had more touches this year and would have stayed otherwise I think. Hasn’t left yet but if I’m him I’m out.
- Defense played more press coverage/man. I’m not on the Twill hate train b/c I think our defense overall has performed well (outside a few games) but man…make adjustments and play press coverage or press zone at least when it’s obvious to everyone watching what the opponent is going to do. Oh and tackling has been bad since Navy, what happened? Injuries, that thin at LB?
- Had to edit for Safety. Obviously this was a thin spot also. Bullard injury hurt more than anyone has mentioned, he was so solid. Also had 2 Punt blocks for TD this season. That’s a huge injury, he tackled well and defended well which has been sorely missed since he’s been out.

That’s all I got, what say you all?

Don’t disagree about TC’s arm strength but he hasn’t had enough passing attempts to know for sure if he can read a D better than JRP. In those early games he was running almost every snap

Reactions: KnightLife1
No. 1, Not inserting MK on the last two drives against Louisville.

No. 2, Not playing MK the entire game again Navy.

Those two coaching decisions hurt the season more than any others. Basically Gus should have instituted a 2QB system all season.

Most popular players on our team seem to be backup QBs. When the guy in struggles, we want the other one in. TC probably won’t magically score every possession, so people would be calling for his backup too.

Reactions: Knight Strength
TC for me wasn’t b/c he would have done better necessarily, but I don’t think we do worse this year win/loss record and he’s got a year of experience going into the Big12. Unlike almost everyone in here, I have liked JRP for the most part, a huge upgrade from last year. I just wish he was more consistent passing.

I heard Mikey isn’t playing today because he doesn’t want to burn his red shirt. Does anyone know if this is true?

I heard Mikey isn’t playing today because he doesn’t want to burn his red shirt. Does anyone know if this is true?
So in a press conference he said what people wanted to hear like a coach.

I did notice Branden Jennings is still listed on our active roster. I’m a little confused by that. I know Terrence Lewis has entered the Portal again.🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure what's up with MAR other than Harvey maybe taking snaps from him. JR dances and runs backwards too much, and goes down too easily.

Reactions: Knight59
I love what I've seen from Castellanos, but I'm not going to declare he's the savior or was even the best option for us this year, when he's yet to play a meaningful snap.

Reactions: Wings0fred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT