ADVERTISEMENT

AAC action 1/15- SMU up by 2 vs Tulane - Halftime

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
A day of top teams vs bottom teams.

Tulane is hanging with SMU. Shocking.

Cincy beat ECU 55-42. I think ECU looks the most like us bc of their bigs. The game really wasn't close. Cincy is tenacious on the defense of side the ball and fully conlapses down on the paint. They force lots of turnovers and get lots of fastbreaks points. Not a good matchup for us.

Cincy beat ECU 55-42. I think ECU looks the most like us bc of their bigs. The game really wasn't close.
No they didn't! It was 55-46 and ECU gave Cincy fits (as they do against most everyone). Cincy shot only 32% and 17% of its 3's. If not for Cincy's near perfect shooting from the line and superior rebounding, they might have lost.

Reactions: UCFhonors
SMU runs away from Tulane towards the end. 80-64 It was pretty close most of the game.

I see SMU a very interesting game for us.

As a postscript, Check out the remarkable recap link below. Note especially two things:
1. Cincy's coach was really upset after today's win over ECU. He had nothing good to say about his own team's play, rather than compliment's ECU's remarkable effort against them (especially after losing their leading scorer last week to injury against Houston). Such arrogance!
2. I love how one of Cincy's players trashes our whole conference: "We have to put everything in perspective," Washington said. "A lot of these AAC teams, no disrespect, but we have to just keep on playing hard because we're trying to play very good teams, top-10 teams, in March and April, moving forward and doing something big."
Wouldn't it be great to knock them off their high horse!
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400916585

Reactions: UCFhonors
2. I love how one of Cincy's players trashes our whole conference: "We have to put everything in perspective," Washington said. "A lot of these AAC teams, no disrespect, but we have to just keep on playing hard because we're trying to play very good teams, top-10 teams, in March and April, moving forward and doing something big."
Wouldn't it be great to knock them off their high horse!
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400916585

Wow! Hopefully our players bring their A game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT