ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Standings heading into the final 2 games of the season plus AAC Tourn Bracket

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Weekend Scores:
Saturday
UCF 69, Houston 64
Cincinnati 71, Memphis 69

Sunday
UCONN 60, cow u 58
Wichita St 67, SMU 55
Temple 80, Tulane 69
Tulsa 91, ECU 78

NOTE: Final Day of the season, Cinci hosts Houston
SCHOOL CONF OVERALL
1) Houston * 14-2 (27-2)
2) Cincinnati * 14-2 (25-4)
3) UCF * 12-4 (22-6)
4) Temple 11-5 (21-8)
5) Memphis 10-7 (18-12)
6) Wichita State 8-8 (15-13) WSU is 7-2 in their last 9 games
7) Tulsa 8-9 (18-12)
8) cow u 7-9 (18-11)
9) UConn 5-11 (14-15)
9) SMU 5-11 (13-15)
11) ECU 3-13 (10-18)
12) Tulane 0-16 (4-24)
* Clinched American Athletic Conference Tournament First Round Bye

If season ended today (UCF #3 and Temple #4), then Temple would most likely have to play #5 Memphis in the Quarterfinals on the Tigers home court.

UCF at Temple game might decide who ends up playing Memphis in the Quarterfinals.

AAC-2019-Tourn-Schedule.png

Reactions: UCFhonors
If season ended today (UCF #3 and Temple #4), then Temple would most likely have to play #5 Memphis in the Quarterfinals on the Tigers home court.

UCF at Temple game might decide who ends up playing Memphis in the Quarterfinals.

AAC-2019-Tourn-Schedule.png

Memphis only home losses this year are vs #5 UT and #20 Cincy. Tigers will probably be favored against everyone except Houston and Cincy.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I hope the cows can get that 6th spot. I prefer playing them over Witicha who has been on fire lately.

Two part question if we win and Cinn loses we tie for second, who gets the two seed. If we lose to temple we tie for the third seed who would get the third seed.

Two part question if we win and Cinn loses we tie for second, who gets the two seed. If we lose to temple we tie for the third seed who would get the third seed.
I have not been able to find the tie breaker procedure anywhere on the AAC website. However, I did hear record vs the top seed would be considered somehow.

Would love to see the official rules.

Why are their only 11 teams invited to the tournament? Give 0-17 Tulane another shot.

I have not been able to find the tie breaker procedure anywhere on the AAC website. However, I did hear record vs the top seed would be considered somehow.

Would love to see the official rules.
Cliff notes:
If we beat Temple and Cincy loses to Houston we will be the 2 seed.
If we lose to Temple we are still the 3 seed over Temple by way of better record vs. Cincy

Seeding is based on:
Conference win/loss record,
head-to-head record,
record against the highest ranked team outside of the tied teams,
record against the second highest ranked team outside of the tied teams

Try page 24 of the media guide here:
http://theamerican.org/documents/2018/11/6/201819_Amemerican_MBB_Media_Guide.pdf

Last edited:
Cliff notes:
If we beat Temple and Cincy loses to Houston we will be the 2 seed.
If we lose to Temple we are still the 3 seed over Temple by way of better record vs. Cincy

Seeding is based on:
Conference win/loss record,
head-to-head record,
record against the highest ranked team outside of the tied teams,
record against the second highest ranked team outside of the tied teams

Try page 24 of the media guide here:
http://theamerican.org/documents/2018/11/6/201819_Amemerican_MBB_Media_Guide.pdf
If we lose to Temple we are 4th seed actually. They don’t penalize a team that plays less games vs an opponent if they could have an equal record with the same number of games. Thus the second tiebreaker with Temple actually comes down to Wichita State where UCF is 0-1 and Temple 1-0. That is unless the Shockers lose to Tulane.

Reactions: Wings0fred
If we lose to Temple we are 4th seed actually. They don’t penalize a team that plays less games vs an opponent if they could have an equal record with the same number of games. Thus the second tiebreaker with Temple actually comes down to Wichita State where UCF is 0-1 and Temple 1-0. That is unless the Shockers lose to Tulane.
Good catch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT