ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Murray comments about UCF defense during Florida/Tenn. game

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
Anyone else catch his comment this past weekend? He was talking about how Tenn. was defending Trask, playing Cover 2 defense and first thing that came to his mind was the bowl game against UCF in 2010, his freshman year. He said "My freshman year we played UCF and they were playing cover 2 all game and it was sooo frustrating!" Crazy how that game is in the forefront of his thoughts 10 years later. George O'Leary man, he knew how to coach defense. We won 10-6 for anyone that wasn't around for that game. We shut A.J. Green down.

Anyone else catch his comment this past weekend? He was talking about how Tenn. was defending Trask, playing Cover 2 defense and first thing that came to his mind was the bowl game against UCF in 2010, his freshman year. He said "My freshman year we played UCF and they were playing cover 2 all game and it was sooo frustrating!" Crazy how that game is in the forefront of his thoughts 10 years later. George O'Leary man, he knew how to coach defense. We won 10-6 for anyone that wasn't around for that game. We shut A.J. Green down.
I think he was hurt a lot that year. I remember UGA fans saying they were going to kill us. They said Murray was better than Stafford. I think they were wrong.

Didn’t catch the quote but was @ the game in Memphis. Had a blast!

I remember that game well. Can’t believe that he referenced it. Crazy. That game IMO helped get Josh Robinson drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Didn’t catch the quote but was @ the game in Memphis. Had a blast!

Was at the game too. Jumped down onto the field after Murrays' last gasp Hail Mary fell incomplete.
Took a few photos at field level before being chased off by a rent-a-cop. I was pretty snockered but totally elated as I yelled back at him "we won a bowl, mutha fukka"!! I normally don't swear... honest.
Anyway, it was a great win for long-suffering UCF fans and alumni like me and we celebrated our first bowl victory all night on Beale Street as we rang in the New Year.
Oh yeah, one last thing.... There was a cold steady downpour that started immediately after the game ended. It lasted all night and me and my buddies got soaked to the bone. Just too happy to give a shit! 😜

Was at the game too. Jumped down onto the field after Murrays' last gasp Hail Mary fell incomplete.
Took a few photos at field level before being chased off by a rent-a-cop. I was pretty snockered but totally elated as I yelled back at him "we won a bowl, mutha fukka"!! I normally don't swear... honest.
Anyway, it was a great win for long-suffering UCF fans and alumni like me and we celebrated our first bowl victory all night on Beale Street as we rang in the New Year.
Oh yeah, one last thing.... There was a cold steady downpour that started immediately after the game ended. It lasted all night and me and my buddies got soaked to the bone. Just too happy to give a shit! 😜
Where the heck have you been broheim???? :cool:

Just trying to stay active. Tennis and/or pickleball at least 5 days a week but will be heading to Pensacola on Monday to spend Christmas with in-laws. Would much rather drive down to the Boca Bowl instead! 😉
Ouch, Pensacola. Glad I don't have in-laws (Ohio) any longer! :) Enjoy brutha! Just kidding

Reactions: Drew-C-F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT