ADVERTISEMENT

Abortion clinics in Free States

Trigeek

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
Reports say that Abortion clinics in Free states have increased Non Free state visits from 100 to 1000 per week.
so let’s say 1 days expense:
Hotel $100
Meals $30 although I think it’s higher
gas: $50
Actual medical expense: $500
Misc:$20

that’s $700 per day X 1000 FTEs x 50 weeks per year.

Free state generates $35 million in Revenue per year per clinic.
May be an investment worth considering.

Thete are going to be so many other “Butterfly effects” to this decision. More revenue for Free states, Anti GOP backlash etc…

Reports say that Abortion clinics in Free states have increased Non Free state visits from 100 to 1000 per week.
Hotel $100

Thete are going to be so many other “Butterfly effects” to this decision. More revenue for Free states, Anti GOP backlash etc…
A 50 cent condom sounds like a great option.

I wonder if you can get the prescription via teledoc living in a locked down state from a doc in a free state. Since the majority of abortions now occur via 2 pills taken at home without medical oversight. Or will the locked down states not allow it in pharmacies at all?

I wonder if you can get the prescription via teledoc living in a locked down state from a doc in a free state. Since the majority of abortions now occur via 2 pills taken at home without medical oversight. Or will the locked down states not allow it in pharmacies at all?
Frantic attempts to now ban the delivery of abortion pills in the Louisiana's and Arkansas's of the country speaks to the absurdity of the situation the SCOTUS has put the country in.

When it comes to prenatal care, I find it curious that the same states banning abortions are the same ones with the worst records for prenatal care and among the highest maternity death rates in the USA.

Frantic attempts to now ban the delivery of abortion pills in the Louisiana's and Arkansas's of the country speaks to the absurdity of the situation the SCOTUS has put the country in.

When it comes to prenatal care, I find it curious that the same states banning abortions are the same ones with the worst records for prenatal care and among the highest maternity death rates in the USA.
What do you think the average SAT score is from the non free states?

What do you think the average SAT score is from the non free states?
With a x bar of 98.

But as imperfect as the IQ test is, at least it's a consistent metric. Here are the results.
  1. Massachusetts 104.3
  2. New Hampshire 104.2
  3. North Dakota 103.8
  4. Vermont 103.8
  5. Minnesota 103.7
  6. Maine 103.4
  7. Montana 103.4
  8. Iowa 103.2
  9. Connecticut 103.1
  10. Wisconsin 102.9
  11. Kansas 102.8
  12. New Jersey 102.8
  13. South Dakota 102.8
  14. Wyoming 102.4
  15. Nebraska 102.3
  16. Virginia 101.9
  17. Washington 101.9
  18. Ohio 101.8
  19. Indiana 101.7
  20. Colorado 101.6
  21. Pennsylvania 101.5
  22. Idaho 101.4
  23. Oregon 101.2
  24. Utah 101.1
  25. Missouri 101
  26. New York 100.7
  27. Michigan 100.5
  28. Delaware 100.4
  29. North Carolina 100.2
  30. Texas 100
  31. Illinois 99.9
  32. Maryland 99.7
  33. Rhode Island 99.5
  34. Kentucky 99.4
  35. Oklahoma 99.3
  36. Alaska 99
  37. West Virginia 98.7
  38. Florida 98.4
  39. South Carolina 98.4
  40. Georgia 98
  41. Tennessee 97.7
  42. Arkansas 97.5
  43. Arizona 97.4
  44. Nevada 96.5
  45. Alabama 95.7
  46. New Mexico 95.7
  47. Hawaii 95.6
  48. California 95.5
  49. Louisiana 95.3
  50. Mississippi 94.2

Why don't we (i.e. the state of Florida) offer free abortions to a free state and take the money from
federal funding for the state of Florida. That's all the fascists that run Florida (and others). Take their money.

We must hold these women accountable for not pulling out.

You sound like a usf idiot, Women are the heroes in our society, it's coward "men" who look to deflect and blame. Our culture is becoming weak and entitled, relying on quick fixes and resets.

Yeap. Especially for the ones being raped. Force those degenerates to have that baby, AMIRITE?!?!?!?!

No, that's actually sick and repulsive, hope you don't kiss your mama with that mouth. Castrate every last one of the cowards, we don't need that skewed DNA reproducing anyway.

I think discussions on abortion need to continue, but that is the tail end of the equation, corrections need to occur much further up stream.

You sound like a usf idiot, Women are the heroes in our society, it's coward "men" who look to deflect and blame. Our culture is becoming weak and entitled, relying on quick fixes and resets.

No, that's actually sick and repulsive, hope you don't kiss your mama with that mouth. Castrate every last one of the cowards, we don't need that skewed DNA reproducing anyway.

I think discussions on abortion need to continue, but that is the tail end of the equation, corrections need to occur much further up stream.
Your first move is to call someone an idiot? Usually I have to drag someone over the coals for at least 5 or 6 posts before they admit they lost the argument by name calling.

I guess you missed the previous posts in this forum that labeled them as degenerates. So, I’ll accept your apology at any time.

Last edited:
Hotel $100

I would call them 'Women's Choice' states, not so much 'Free.' Although there are a few true 'Free' states among them, most are 'Women's Choice' states, not exactly 'Free' in the majority of cases.

But yes, it's nice to see 'cause-effect' in the market, and that we're still an Union of states. Unfortunately, some states still make it illegal for their residents to have an abortion in another state.

But I don't see that surviving the Libertarian trio in the SCOTUS if challenged.

While Gorsuch, Roberts and Kavanaugh finally decided to go the 'states rights' route on Roe v. Wade with Mississippi (there may be some limits what they'll allow in some other state laws in the future though), there's little possibility they'll allow a state to dictate commerce in another state.

That would be like New York making it illegal to gamble -- or shoot guns -- in Las Vegas or Nevada, and arresting their residents when they return. Same with prostitution, which is is legal in Nevada (but not Las Vegas), and arresting them for it upon their return.

And yes, there are lasting effects, such as gambling, on income the state can collect. So that argument doesn't hold either, like some anti-abortion advocates would like to make. It would open up a wormhole.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk8knight
Your first move is to call someone an idiot? Usually I have to drag someone over the coals for at least 5 or 6 posts...
Lol, "drag someone over the coals for at least 5 or 6 posts"... Who says (or types) that? We'll pretend you didn't...

I must have missed the earlier argument, whatever your points are, I'm suggesting you refrain from speaking like someone from usf, disrespecting women, it gives the appearance of an inept, out of touch fan base.

Lol, "drag someone over the coals for at least 5 or 6 posts"... Who says (or types) that? We'll pretend you didn't...

I must have missed the earlier argument, whatever your points are, I'm suggesting you refrain from speaking like someone from usf, disrespecting women, it gives the appearance of an inept, out of touch fan base.
You undoubtedly missed the points. But it’s par for the course.

Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal

Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal Cabal
I cut cable after the football season ended.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
only 3% of the services rendered by planned parenthood is for abortion, so they should be just fine.

in other news, the last planned parenthood in mississippi has closed due to the 15 week law.

But as imperfect as the IQ test is, at least it's a consistent metric. Here are the results.
  1. Massachusetts 104.3
  2. New Hampshire 104.2
  3. North Dakota 103.8
  4. Vermont 103.8
  5. Minnesota 103.7
  6. Maine 103.4
  7. Montana 103.4
  8. Iowa 103.2
  9. Connecticut 103.1
  10. Wisconsin 102.9
  11. Kansas 102.8
  12. New Jersey 102.8
  13. South Dakota 102.8
  14. Wyoming 102.4
  15. Nebraska 102.3
  16. Virginia 101.9
  17. Washington 101.9
  18. Ohio 101.8
  19. Indiana 101.7
  20. Colorado 101.6
  21. Pennsylvania 101.5
  22. Idaho 101.4
  23. Oregon 101.2
  24. Utah 101.1
  25. Missouri 101
  26. New York 100.7
  27. Michigan 100.5
  28. Delaware 100.4
  29. North Carolina 100.2
  30. Texas 100
  31. Illinois 99.9
  32. Maryland 99.7
  33. Rhode Island 99.5
  34. Kentucky 99.4
  35. Oklahoma 99.3
  36. Alaska 99
  37. West Virginia 98.7
  38. Florida 98.4
  39. South Carolina 98.4
  40. Georgia 98
  41. Tennessee 97.7
  42. Arkansas 97.5
  43. Arizona 97.4
  44. Nevada 96.5
  45. Alabama 95.7
  46. New Mexico 95.7
  47. Hawaii 95.6
  48. California 95.5
  49. Louisiana 95.3
  50. Mississippi 94.2
Amazing....lack of diversity brings higher scores.

Why is that?

Amazing....lack of diversity brings higher scores.

Why is that?
West Virginia is the least diverse state in the country with 94% of the population being white. So since they don’t have any diversity or those pesky minorities, they should rank at the top. Right?

With a x bar of 98.

1. Massachusetts 104.3
  2. New Hampshire 104.2
  3. North Dakota 103.8
  4. Vermont 103.8
  5. Minnesota 103.7
  6. Maine 103.4
  7. Montana 103.4
  8. Iowa 103.2
  9. Connecticut 103.1
  10. Wisconsin 102.9
  11. Kansas 102.8
  12. New Jersey 102.8
  13. South Dakota 102.8
  14. Wyoming 102.4
  15. Nebraska 102.3
  16. Virginia 101.9
  17. Washington 101.9
  18. Ohio 101.8
  19. Indiana 101.7
  20. Colorado 101.6
  21. Pennsylvania 101.5
  22. Idaho 101.4
  23. Oregon 101.2
  24. Utah 101.1
  25. Missouri 101
  26. New York 100.7
  27. Michigan 100.5
  28. Delaware 100.4
  29. North Carolina 100.2
  30. Texas 100
  31. Illinois 99.9
  32. Maryland 99.7
  33. Rhode Island 99.5
  34. Kentucky 99.4
  35. Oklahoma 99.3
  36. Alaska 99
  37. West Virginia 98.7
  38. Florida 98.4
  39. South Carolina 98.4
  40. Georgia 98
  41. Tennessee 97.7
  42. Arkansas 97.5
  43. Arizona 97.4
  44. Nevada 96.5
  45. Alabama 95.7
  46. New Mexico 95.7
  47. Hawaii 95.6
  48. California 95.5
  49. Louisiana 95.3
  50. Mississippi 94.2

so pretty much all tightly coupled within 1/2 of a standard deviation to the mean 🤷‍♂️

iq-distribution.JPG

Not sure this is something you want to be average. Like being a C student.

so all states are C students what it comes to the IQ measure. Aside from being concerned about a jury of our peers, I don’t see how the data you used supports the position you were attempting to make.

so pretty much all tightly coupled within 1/2 of a standard deviation to the mean 🤷‍♂️

iq-distribution.JPG
That is the standard deviation for an individual IQ. Not relevant to a statewide average. Each state average would have its own standard deviation based on its relative sample size.

That is the standard deviation for an individual IQ. Not relevant to a statewide average. Each state average would have its own standard deviation based on its relative sample size.
So all state means are w/in 1/2 of a standard deviation of the overall average in the curve I posted.

We aren’t talking about a state full of 2+ standard deviation savants somewhere.

Dude’s was a misuse of the data to support a biased conclusion.

So all state means are w/in 1/2 of a standard deviation of the overall average in the curve I posted.

We aren’t talking about a state full of 2+ standard deviation savants somewhere.

Dude’s was a misuse of the data to support a biased conclusion.
You are the one who misinterpreted the data. In order to compare state population IQ means you would use an unpaired t test to determine if the differences in sample means are statistically significant. You wouldn’t look at a chart of individual IQs and determine statistical significance because a state sample population mean falls within a standard deviation of the overall mean. That’s not how it works at all. In reality without the raw data you wouldn’t be able to know with a high degree of certainty if the differences are due to chance or not. However, assuming a reasonably large sample the numbers presented would appear to be statistically significant.

You are the one who misinterpreted the data. In order to compare state population IQ means you would use an unpaired t test to determine if the differences in sample means are statistically significant. You wouldn’t look at a chart of individual IQs and determine statistical significance because a state sample population mean falls within a standard deviation. That’s not how it works at all.
Yea - so show run the t or ANOVA and show those results. One would also need control for other variables if they were to be taken seriously- especially with the recent controversy surrounding the IQ measure. Throwing up a lists of means in an argument about “free” states is disingenuous at best.

Yea - so show run the t or ANOVA and show those results. One would also need control for other variables if they were to be taken seriously- especially with the recent controversy surrounding the IQ measure. Throwing up a lists of means in an argument about “free” states is disingenuous at best.
Yeah. It would be nice to have the raw data, but most people don’t actually reference that kind of stuff. 2 separate issues at play. OPs data didn’t contain the sample size to be able to determine if the differences were significant. As well as your chart used to further conflate things. But in this day and age everybody has statistics but few actually know how to interpret them.

Yeah. It would be nice to have the raw data, but most people don’t actually reference that kind of stuff. 2 separate issues at play. OPs data didn’t contain the sample size to be able to determine if the differences were significant. As well as your chart used to further conflate things. But in this day and age everybody has statistics but few actually know how to interpret them.
The chart I grabbed was (my assumption) for the US.

With a comparatively small population, I would wager that MA has a negative skew b/c of how many 2nd SD+ (compared to the national average) that MIT, Harvard, and Tufts* imports to the state.

Also, the possibly “freest” state checks in at a mean of 95.5 - good for 48th on the list presented - potentially opening a serious conundrum for virtual virtue signaler.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT