ADVERTISEMENT

AD Danny White tells sports monopoly whore Kirk Herbie to STFU in the nicest way possible

It always bugged me back in 2013 when Pete Fowler, Herbstreit and others on the show would take shots at us throughout the year, especially leading up to the Fiesta Bowk win, and every time they did that they made sure to mention how we were supposed to have had an airport as part of our campus back in the 70's/early years. Anyone else remember those idiots talking about that?

For that matter, anyone know what in the hell they would have been talking about? When I started at UCF back in 1989 I had never heard of us supposed to have had an airfield or anything related to a flight school. Were they thinking of Embry Riddle? Either way.... morons, all of them.*

*Well, maybe not Lee Corso, he likes us, sometimes.

Herbie is just doing what his employer (ESPN/Disney) wants him to do.

ESPN "bought" the Football Invitational Tournament for a TON of money and they don't want anyone to expose what farce it is...which is exatcly what UCF did.

UCF beat Auburn on Jan 1, 2018 and here it is, March 15, 2018 and Herbie is still triggered about UCF.

UCF is still winning!!

Herbie is just doing what his employer (ESPN/Disney) wants him to do.

ESPN "bought" the Football Invitational Tournament for a TON of money and they don't want anyone to expose what farce it is...which is exatcly what UCF did.

UCF beat Auburn on Jan 1, 2018 and here it is, March 15, 2018 and Herbie is still triggered about UCF.

UCF is still winning!!
Also herbie is keeping his profile in the news. He’s winning too

It always bugged me back in 2013 when Pete Fowler, Herbstreit and others on the show would take shots at us throughout the year, especially leading up to the Fiesta Bowk win, and every time they did that they made sure to mention how we were supposed to have had an airport as part of our campus back in the 70's/early years. Anyone else remember those idiots talking about that?

For that matter, anyone know what in the hell they would have been talking about? When I started at UCF back in 1989 I had never heard of us supposed to have had an airfield or anything related to a flight school. Were they thinking of Embry Riddle? Either way.... morons, all of them.*

Corso only likes us because we play in beautiful downtown Orlando.

Corso only likes us because we play in beautiful downtown Orlando.

I think it's about time that Corso tells Herbie that Orlando has a great airport (in regards to non stop flights. It's still a hassle to fly in/out like most airports)

Corso is a clown too. He picked Auburn to win and those airport and downtown comments don’t sound like praise, more like jabs. Plus he said UCF has no chance at joining another P6 conference.

Reactions: AAC6800
Orlando airport is nice, but they do not have a lot of nonstop flights to Euriope and out west. You can’t go from Orlando to most of Italy, Ireland, etc.

Additionally, flights seem to be more expensive than flying out of the Tampa Airport.

Orlando airport is nice, but they do not have a lot of nonstop flights to Euriope and out west. You can’t go from Orlando to most of Italy, Ireland, etc.

Additionally, flights seem to be more expensive than flying out of the Tampa Airport.

You can go non-stop from Orlando to LA, SF, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Vegas, Denver and more. You can connect through London going to Europe.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
You can go non-stop from Orlando to LA, SF, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Vegas, Denver and more. You can connect through London going to Europe.
Most airlines or just a few? Also, going through London to get to say Rome isn’t really efficient

huh. Orlando has more direct flights than Tampa and is usually consistently cheaper. I'm not sure what you're searching, the theme parks give the Orlando airport the advantage on more routes.

wut? I fly for work almost every other week and you can find direct flights to LA, Seattle. You can fly direct to London (both airports), Oslo, Dublin, Reykjavik, Frankfurt, Paris, Copenhagen, Glasglow and Belfast off the top of my head.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Most airlines or just a few? Also, going through London to get to say Rome isn’t really efficient
I know Virgin America/Atlantic flies direct from Orlando to Los Angeles, San Francisco, and London. They don't even serve Tampa's airport

Reactions: Mikesi
back on topic to Herbie : this constant push-back is really making me dislike this Sport more, everything about the mindset of a lot of fans and media is archaic & corrupt

huh. Orlando has more direct flights than Tampa and is usually consistently cheaper. I'm not sure what you're searching, the theme parks give the Orlando airport the advantage on more routes.
I’ll just have to assume that the last few vacations that I have taken overseas had better prices flying out of Tampa, but that wasn’t the norm. It must have just been a coincidence because of the dates that I chose for travel.

Additionally, I go to Italy often and it’s just a pain in the butt flying from Florida in general. I guess the Northeast is just closer and more direct.

You can fly direct to London (both airports), Oslo, Dublin, Reykjavik, Frankfurt, Paris, Copenhagen, Glasglow and Belfast off the top of my head.
Really?? Orlando to Oslo and Dublin direct? Damn, that’s convenient.

I’ll need to change my travel site when searching for flights. I use Orbitz.

Last edited:
Danny White has 171 Million Reasons why he won't be quiet like Herbie wants UCF to do:

Really?? Orlando to Oslo and Dublin direct? Damn, that’s convenient.

I’ll need to change my travel site when searching for flights. I use Orbitz.
use Google Flights & skyscanner. I think Southwest is the only popular airline not included in their search engines

NOTE TO KIRK HERBSTREIT:

Take a damn good look at what happened to Virginia tonight. THAT is why UCF claimed the title. He missed the entire GD point of it all.

In addition, this is also why you NEVER disrespect your opponent. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off. I hope everyone learns a lesson from today's games - including myself.

I vow to NEVER underestimate or disrespect ANY opponent, regardless of who they are. I don't care if UCF is playing Stetson or Rollins or Bethune Cookman or Austin Peay or Furman or Jones High School.

You want to know why I am such a blow hard with this UCF national title ? Because I may never see this again and I want to enjoy it to its fullest.

I’ve only been on 6 round trips in my life. Last one was 13 years ago.

In addition, I have never snow or a mountain before either. Yeah. Native Floridian. Born at FL. Hosp. South next to the (old) science center and I have never left. Pretty pathetic, lol...

FWIW - anyone else ever go to those midnight Metallica laser shows at the old Planetarium ? Man, those were fraking awesome.

Google your departure and arrival location. It’ll give you every non-stop flight and cost. It wouldn’t tell you Southwest’s cost but it’ll show routes. Don’t use the travel websites.

NOTE TO KIRK HERBSTREIT:

Take a damn good look at what happened to Virginia tonight. THAT is why UCF claimed the title. He missed the entire GD point of it all.

In addition, this is also why you NEVER disrespect your opponent. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off. I hope everyone learns a lesson from today's games - including myself.

I vow to NEVER underestimate or disrespect ANY opponent, regardless of who they are. I don't care if UCF is playing Stetson or Rollins or Bethune Cookman or Austin Peay or Furman or Jones High School.

You want to know why I am such a blow hard with this UCF national title ? Because I may never see this again and I want to enjoy it to its fullest.

Honestly UCF vs Alabama wouldn't have been David vs Goliath. We would have matched up really well with them. Even some computer polls had us at #1. This is not the same thing as a miracle #16 seed with UCF football. We did the same thing to Baylor.

NOTE TO KIRK HERBSTREIT:

Fully agree. I always tell other teams fans good luck and I always believe we can be beat. The likelihood of a loss grows every day and, as a fan, the pressure is really on for us now. Best thing the team can do is do their best in each moment.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
In addition, I have never snow or a mountain before either. Yeah. Native Floridian. Born at FL. Hosp. South next to the (old) science center and I have never left. Pretty pathetic, lol...

FWIW - anyone else ever go to those midnight Metallica laser shows at the old Planetarium ? Man, those were fraking awesome.
I didn’t move till Florida until I was 12 or so so I’ve been in snow a good bit. I went to laser shows at planetarium in West Palm Beach a long time ago.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT