ADVERTISEMENT

AD Danny White tells sports monopoly whore Kirk Herbie to STFU in the nicest way possible

In addition, I have never snow or a mountain before either. Yeah. Native Floridian. Born at FL. Hosp. South next to the (old) science center and I have never left. Pretty pathetic, lol...

FWIW - anyone else ever go to those midnight Metallica laser shows at the old Planetarium ? Man, those were fraking awesome.
Traveling is a great mental 'refresher'. And with options like Airbnb it has become a lot cheaper to get a vacation in. I hate cold weather so the best months in my opinion for you to get away for a few days is July-September when the heat/humidity & storm season is at its worst.

Reactions: UCFEMUP
I for one really love Kirk's NFL career. But seriously, when has he ever even done 1 days worth of work an AD does? He talks building a brand. When has he done anything of value in that way. He joined a NCAA team that was already established, same for his charities, same for his ESPN career. What the hell does he know about building a brand other than what he may have read in a book? So I should really value what he has to say? Isn't it about time other G5 "leaders" actually work for the universities that employ them? (Hello Northen Ill.)

Corso is a clown too. He picked Auburn to win and those airport and downtown comments don’t sound like praise, more like jabs. Plus he said UCF has no chance at joining another P6 conference.

They all picked Auburn but one. At least they were not laughing at us. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Traveling is a great mental 'refresher'. And with options like Airbnb it has become a lot cheaper to get a vacation in. I hate cold weather so the best months in my opinion for you to get away for a few days is July-September when the heat/humidity & storm season is at its worst.
I live near beach and it’s almost always hot. My idea of a vacation is not to see a beach in a different city or country. I want to see snow and wear clothes I hardly ever get to wear. I get your point of maybe not being miserable in NYC or Chicago when seeing the sights but seeing snow every so often is fun. Especially if you have kids.

For that matter, anyone know what in the hell they would have been talking about? When I started at UCF back in 1989 I had never heard of us supposed to have had an airfield or anything related to a flight school. Were they thinking of Embry Riddle? Either way.... morons, all of them.*

Is it possible that they were confusing UCF which was formerly known as "Florida Tech" with FIT (Florida Institute of Technology) which is now also known as Florida Tech? FIT does have a college level flight training program in Melbourne.

NOTE TO KIRK HERBSTREIT:

Take a damn good look at what happened to Virginia tonight. THAT is why UCF claimed the title. He missed the entire GD point of it all.

In addition, this is also why you NEVER disrespect your opponent. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off. I hope everyone learns a lesson from today's games - including myself.

I vow to NEVER underestimate or disrespect ANY opponent, regardless of who they are. I don't care if UCF is playing Stetson or Rollins or Bethune Cookman or Austin Peay or Furman or Jones High School.

You want to know why I am such a blow hard with this UCF national title ? Because I may never see this again and I want to enjoy it to its fullest.
Rollins football is undefeated.

Reactions: UCFBS
I live near beach and it’s almost always hot. My idea of a vacation is not to see a beach in a different city or country. I want to see snow and wear clothes I hardly ever get to wear. I get your point of maybe not being miserable in NYC or Chicago when seeing the sights but seeing snow every so often is fun. Especially if you have kids.
Were you tailgating outdoors at the Peachbowl? Other than being surrounded by UCF fans in 'the gulch' and driving back to our lodging facility victorious-ly, that day F'n sucked.

you can wear a long sleeve shirt at night in Coastal California and other spots out West during those months. It's like Florida weather in March. I prefer that type of weather break versus going places where it's gray and 40 degrees. Unless you like to Ski seeing snow is not worth it to me but everyone has their preferences

Were you tailgating outdoors at the Peachbowl? Other than being surrounded by UCF fans in 'the gulch' and driving back to our lodging facility victorious-ly, that day F'n sucked.
I have to agree. Now that it’s nearly 3 months ago, I have to say that the The Fiesta Bowl pre-game party, weather, and hanging out afterwards was a much better experience. I really enjoy being out west for the holidays. The major selling points of the Peach Bowl were the top notch SEC opponent, win to cap our undefeated season, new stadium and much more Knight fans attending

The weather was frigid, windy, and overcast Tailgating was almost impossible and nonexistent. Never a big fan of the early games either, especially right after a night out partying.

Hard to beat the outdoor pregame party In Arizona, crisp clear day, late start, and coeds dancing on the bar!

Reactions: Poolside Knight
you can wear a long sleeve shirt at night in Coastal California and other spots out West during those months. It's like Florida weather in March. I prefer that type of weather break versus going places where it's gray and 40 degrees. Unless you like to Ski seeing snow is not worth it to me but everyone has their preferences
I like our weather now. In 4 weeks it will be terrible.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I have to agree. Now that it’s nearly 3 months ago, I have to say that the The Fiesta Bowl pre-game party, weather, and hanging out afterwards was a much better experience. I really enjoy being out west for the holidays. The major selling points of the Peach Bowl were the top notch SEC opponent, win to cap our undefeated season, new stadium and much more Knight fans attending

The weather was frigid, windy, and overcast Tailgating was almost impossible and nonexistent. Never a big fan of the early games either, especially right after a night out partying.

Hard to beat the outdoor pregame party In Arizona, crisp clear day, late start, and coeds dancing on the bar!
we're on the same page here. They may be the most passionate college football fanbases but I don't really like traveling to any of the other Southern States. If I'm leaving Florida for a Bowl I'd rather it be out West but I know that is not convenient for max fan turnout. I just factor in non game options and weather to do other outside stuff.

Reactions: Mikesi
You know what really hurts your brand? Cheating & Lying. I'm looking at you Ohio State and Jim Tressel.
You know what else hurts your brand? Losing. Yeah, well, we got that handled too.

Herbstreit is the ultimate company man.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
You know what really hurts your brand? Cheating & Lying. I'm looking at you Ohio State and Jim Tressel.
You know what else hurts your brand? Losing. Yeah, well, we got that handled too.

Remember that South Park episode about college athletics ?

That wasn't us that they were trying to make a point about - it was the shadiness of the B10 and the SEC.

Cheating doesn’t hurt those teams for long. OSU bounced back quickly. That’s why he can be so loud.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
yo-bama-im-really-happy-for-you-i-ll-let-you-finish-but-ucf-are-the-real-20_9sVPsjJ.png

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT