ADVERTISEMENT

Adults that go to Disney every weekend

Like Magic Kingdom every weekend or Disney Springs/Epcot every weekend? If you live down there, what else is there to do?

The only time we had season passes was when we used to go with my best man and his wife, plus their 2 young kids. We'd split the kids (take 1) and that way they didn't have to both agree on where they wanted to go. It was a nice, 3-5 hour evening every time. The Magic Kingdom and Epcot (non-drinking game edition) are really for kids.

You should go. I got a Florida silver pass ($35/mo). You can go to drink or when family comes to town.

Hell I have to drive 60 to 90 minutes each way depending on traffic, I will go in a couple of years when youngest grandkid hits 3 or 4. Then that will likely be it for a lifetime. Long drive, crowds, lines, to go on a few rides …. No thanks.

Not my bag. Spending a lot of money to be surrounded by throngs of people I don't want to be around, no thanks.

Reactions: UCFWayne
yes it is weird. i think universal, epcot, and animal kingdom are ok for adults to visit as there are more things for adults to do. the magic kingdom is specifically for kids.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Every weekend? Ehh...

But I see absolutely nothing wrong with visiting say EPCOT semi regularly. Now that I'm out of state I look forward to drinking around the world once every year or other year when I come down for a home game.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
My faceberg has been loaded with adults/no kids getting to Disney at 5am to get in line for Star Wars. Incredibly weird, no ride is worth that.

What's stranger than that are the mid-40 year old men and women on my FB page going to the kingdom, wearing Mickey ears.

You're not 6 years old.

These same friends of mine on FB also brag about what annual pass they have and what sticker they adorn their SUVs with.

Do whatever the f*** you want. If you want to go ride Dumbo a hundred times and that’s what makes you happy, then do it. If someone pays mind to it, that’s their problem.
something very truman show about that being anyone's main source of entertainment almost every weekend. 5-6 times a year? sure. I know I may have struck a nerve for a few when this board is based for a University in Orlando [laughing] but I know many Orlando natives that hate venturing to the theme parks

yes it is weird. i think universal, epcot, and animal kingdom are ok for adults to visit as there are more things for adults to do. the magic kingdom is specifically for kids.
I take my 93yo grandma to Magic Kingdom. She loves it.

something very truman show about that being anyone's main source of entertainment almost every weekend. 5-6 times a year? sure. I know I may have struck a nerve for a few when this board is based for a University in Orlando [laughing] but I know many Orlando natives that hate venturing to the theme parks

I've been to Disney 3 times in my life. It was fun as an 8 year old. Went again with the whole family as adults when I was 20....meh. Took my daughters when they were 5-8. Maybe when they have kids I'll take them all like my parents did but why would any adult want to go there more than once a year, particularly without kids? Hell, i can take them to Cancun for half the price or less for that matter.

I've been to Disney 3 times in my life. It was fun as an 8 year old. Went again with the whole family as adults when I was 20....meh. Took my daughters when they were 5-8. Maybe when they have kids I'll take them all like my parents did but why would any adult want to go there more than once a year, particularly without kids? Hell, i can take them to Cancun for half the price or less for that matter.

It can be really fun to go as an adult without kids, but I wouldn’t be going to the Magic Kingdom. EPCOT or MGM all the way.

Meh, whatever consenting adults want to do to make themselves happy that doesn't keep others from doing the same is fine with me.

Wait, I will make an exception for Furries....those people are just weird.
berlin-germany---august-18-participants-or-furries-as-they-prefer-to-be-called-attend-a-march-o.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT