ADVERTISEMENT

After 18 years, hanging up the cleats....

UCF Kayaker

Silver Knight
May 29, 2001
Spring Hill, TN
Man, how things change. I joined this Board back when the internet was young and UCF articles were non-existent. Long ago, I created internet chat rooms on Prodigy and AOL to discuss UCF recruiting with anyone I could find (and one day, a commit named Page Sessoms responded to my post and we talked about how he couldn't wait to get to UCF and play for Coach Gooch). Then, while on-line with what was most likely dial-up internet, I found someone named Big Daddy who started his own UCF site. Not sure when that person morphed from Big Daddy to the Burger King guy to just "Brandon," but he sure did know how to put a site together and to bring other UCF fans together. From there, he got the inside scoop on starting a UCF board on this thing called Rivals and as they say, the rest is history. This site was, is, and always will be the best place to get information on UCF athletics. Well done, B.

So to the handful of people I met through the years as the result of this board, I thought I would post a quick note to let you know how much I enjoyed meeting each of you and with some, hanging out from time to time. I think that the internet and message boards have passed this older guy by. And just like when I quit Facebook a few years ago (one of the best decisions I ever made), I have struggled with the decision to not renew after all of these years. Hard to believe that a kid that was born the day I signed up is now 18 years old. That kid saw UCF grow from a national afterthought to a team that generated headlines and made us known to all college football fans. Man, what a run it has been.

So Charge On fellow Knights. If I am lucky (and maybe you not so lucky!), hopefully I will run into a few of you from time to time in the future. Best of luck to you all. Signed, MidKnight Wolf, aka UCF Kayaker, aka..... Bill

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News