ADVERTISEMENT

After game

Brown has 3 years left, if I remember correctly.
K. We will see but we need to develop our guys instead of taking left overs from other schools. It’s one thing for a guy having success and coming here then a player looking for time after not getting at another school. The guys who left us were misevaluated so u hope that those looking for time here are the same but it’s rare.

I spoke with EJ Colson's dad waiting at the gate to get into the game. I was really hoping to get a chance to see him play.

I have to call it like I see it but KJ reminded me of that 5-star QB we recruited that was really slow and quickly relegated to playing TE not that long ago. I was highly disappointed that we didn't see EJ, I heard he was having a good camp.

From a skill perspective, Brown and Colson have the most attractive playmaking qualities. If you want to just hand off the ball, heck Gus could have one of his 2nd/3rd string centers do that.

Remember what GOL use to say when we were in a similar QB situation, "He's a good game manager".

Here's Colson vid...a little KZ like :)

Reactions: Yaes
I spoke with EJ Colson's dad waiting at the gate to get into the game. I was really hoping to get a chance to see him play.

I have to call it like I see it but KJ reminded me of that 5-star QB we recruited that was really slow and quickly relegated to playing TE not that long ago. I was highly disappointed that we didn't see EJ, I heard he was having a good camp.

From a skill perspective, Brown and Colson have the most attractive playmaking qualities. If you want to just hand off the ball, heck Gus could have one of his 2nd/3rd string centers do that.

Remember what GOL use to say when we were in a similar QB situation, "He's a good game manager".

EJ is going to redshirt

I agree he looks "a little KZ like." The sad thing is I don't think Gus would like a "KZ like." Gus has one stereotypical QB in mind and he is not willing to adjust to a different kind of player. If KZ were here now I don't believe Gus would play him. I know a lot of people didn't like Mikey Keene but he was the QB winning games for us and Gus told him in no uncertain terms that he didn't have a future here. How many potential successful QBs is Gus going to recruit, not play, and run off. In my opinion, Gus needs to be the CEO and recruit and leave the coaching and play calling to someone else.

Last edited:
What happens at the QB position whether KJ greatly approves or someone else steps in will be the difference between a 8 or 9 win season and another shot at a championship game. The talent is that good to get us to 8 wins with average QB play.

I don't know why Gus plays the fool for his QB1 but, so far at UCF, he's shown that's his MO. He'll stick with the guy until the problem is corrected or he's forced to change because of losses. Unfortunately, after yesterday's terrible performance by QB1, there's lots of improvement needed and we'll just have to suffer through it. In the meantime, there's nothing we can do about it except contact Gus directly with our concerns.
This^^^ seems exactly like what is/has been going on and what will happen this year. I hope I am wrong. Gus admitted his play calling wasn't the best. The old man IS crazy!

K. We will see but we need to develop our guys instead of taking left overs from other schools. It’s one thing for a guy having success and coming here then a player looking for time after not getting at another school. The guys who left us were misevaluated so u hope that those looking for time here are the same but it’s rare.
JRP all over again. Here we go. JRP couldn't make a 15 yard pass when he came in. We had to sit through the losses while he learned. Shampoo, Rinse, Repeat

What happens at the QB position whether KJ greatly approves or someone else steps in will be the difference between a 8 or 9 win season and another shot at a championship game. The talent is that good to get us to 8 wins with average QB play.
With 8 wins we will be watching other teams play in CCG. 5-4 in conference is midpack. 10 wins or nothing will happen.

Theory that KJ is shell shocked from last season with no talent on that team is being shared by other Big 12 talking heads.
Hope he can shake it off this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT