ADVERTISEMENT

Airline Employee Steals Plane in Seattle

I’m shocked this idiot knew enough to actually successfully take off and then do loops. I’m guessing he has taken flight lessons at some point in his life.

Real confidence boost for our airport security BTW. Apparently any idiot with access to the tarmac can take a plane at will and take off.

I’m sure the F15s were going to put a missile into this plane if it attempted to head back over mainland

Reactions: UCFWayne
Chilling transcript between ATC and this "pilot".

He flew the plane for 90 mins but he was worries about the burn rate of his fuel and what.might happen to him if he landed at a nearby Air Force Base.

PS .Will be interesting to see how long it took to get the 2 Fighter Jets up in the air...hope terrorists won't use this as another "guide" to a soft spot (i.e. infiltrate almost any airline...and just "take a plane"... probably a heck of a lot easier than trying to hijack one now).

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...tle-tacoma-international-airport-has-crashed/

Reactions: UCFWayne
was a busy weekend just learned about this now. that is crazy. hope others dont try to copy his actions

Any video of the "stunts"? I saw a pretty high banking turn in one of the videos... I get a kick out of commercial passenger aircraft doing performing maneuvers that would make passengers puke. It really puts into perspective what these planes can handle that that most flying jitters are pretty unwarranted.

I wonder how much they'll lock down flight lines or access to aircraft now. Somewhat related but I wish in the US they let passengers board on/off the rear of the aircraft on stairs to the flightline then to the gate as well as out the front. They did it in Australia when I visited and boarding took a fraction of the time. It'll never happen with events like this happening though.

I wonder how much they'll lock down flight lines or access to aircraft now. Somewhat related but I wish in the US they let passengers board on/off the rear of the aircraft on stairs to the flightline then to the gate as well as out the front. They did it in Australia when I visited and boarding took a fraction of the time. It'll never happen with events like this happening though.

They do this in places like Europe and UAE too. Their jetways can accommodate boarding in both the front and the rear and they direct you by your seat row, so you don't have a logjam of people.

They board the same sized planes that we have in half the time. The flight attendants also take people's bags and throw them up quickly so people don't fumble around with their f'ing bag like people do here.

Flew out of Long Beach, CA a few weeks ago and Southwest boards from both front and back to save time.

Great, clean, small airport without any hustle and bustle...think 11 gates...believe all use tarmac ramps in the front (believe stairs in the back) so airlines like SW can board from both the front and back.

With perfect weather there 95% of the time...its a fun option if one can't fly into John Wayne or wants to be closer to LA and obviously avoid LAX. (Similar to airports in Hawaii...their baggage claim area is outside...and parking garage is probably less than 100 ft to check in area).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT