ADVERTISEMENT

Airport parking

cnsaguy

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2002
Anyone know of some places that are decent and cheaper than the norm? Going to be gone for 10-11 days on the worst vacation ever. A shitty cruise ship in Alaska. I'm going to be so miserable. Pray for me.

I know of all the "normal" ones on 436. Just trying not to pay $150 to park.

Just take an Uber to the airport.

Take a taxi from the airport to the Ale House, then call an Uber. Or, call an Uber from the airport, place the pin just outside of the airport and call the driver as soon as he accepts to tell him where you are for pickup at the airport. Hope you get an English speaking driver who understands what the hell you're doing.

I thought about Uber, but I have reservations about a stranger knowing where I live and that I will be gone for awhile.

Wally park has Groupons. Last one I did was like $75 for a whole week with covered parking.

I park at the Parking Spot every week, got enough points to stay there for about a month free. My longest trip was June 1-11 and it cost me under $100 for that entire time, while covered.

Take a taxi from the airport to the Ale House, then call an Uber. Or, call an Uber from the airport, place the pin just outside of the airport and call the driver as soon as he accepts to tell him where you are for pickup at the airport. Hope you get an English speaking driver who understands what the hell you're doing.

Copernicus,

Uber is for philistines

Never support non government sanctioned means

The private sector solutions can't be trusted since they're greedy capitalists

Reactions: fabknight
I am not a fan of cruises. Why go on a ship and pay twice as much to do the same shit on land?

But an Alaskan cruise, that is the only one I would spend my money on.

Ding!

Zero need to park a car for 10-11 days at an airport.

That seems like a lot of work. I guess it would be worth it if your spouse needs to have the car at home.

That seems like a lot of work. I guess it would be worth it if your spouse needs to have the car at home.

Several people who travel on my project use taxis or uber instead of parking to leave the car with spouses or kids during the week

Several people who travel on my project use taxis or uber instead of parking to leave the car with spouses or kids during the week
Back when I used to travel for months at a time I'd take a taxi to and from the airport so I didn't leave my car in a weird place. $150 each way.

Back when I used to travel for months at a time I'd take a taxi to and from the airport so I didn't leave my car in a weird place. $150 each way.

Yes the price for the taxis is a bit extreme for my taste as the guy who manages the budget. I do a whole week (parking, tolls and mileage) for about $80 and I have some people who pay more than that in a taxi each way. Plus they don't earn free parking points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT