ADVERTISEMENT

AK Out for the Bowl Game?

doesn't he have a bad shoulder? a player like him who doesn't have a first or 2nd day grade going in needs to be able fully participate in the pre-draft workouts and testing. scouts aren't dying to see how he plays against marshall to finalize their evaluation.

doesn't he have a bad shoulder? a player like him who doesn't have a first or 2nd day grade going in needs to be able fully participate in the pre-draft workouts and testing. scouts aren't dying to see how he plays against marshall to finalize their evaluation.

Good point. Best to prep for draft workouts then trying to toast Marshall in a meaningless game.

I see AK having a football (not personal) career similar to Tyreek Hill. Becoming a standout kick/punt returner and then being peppered into the offense.

I have no doubt his 40 yard dash will be one of the lowest, but if he can bulk up to 180lbs his body will hold up well in the NFL.

Can't blame him. After two consecutive NY6 bowls, it is not like he is missing out on a special bowl game experience. I hope he can make it on a team somewhere. I still can't believe he has been here 4 years

I see AK having a football (not personal) career similar to Tyreek Hill. Becoming a standout kick/punt returner and then being peppered into the offense.

I have no doubt his 40 yard dash will be one of the lowest, but if he can bulk up to 180lbs his body will hold up well in the NFL.
I hope you're right, but he hasn't bulked up in the last 4 years, that's part of what college is for...I unfortunately think his body type is too small, if he was 200lbs I'd say he could make it, but that doesn't seem to be his body type..one hard hit by an NFL defender could end his career

Gabe sitting out, AK sitting out. Not to question the strength of the team but not having some staples of our offense playing could make this game difficult.
Im definitely not the one to look past Marshall or any other team.

Reactions: Stetson_1883

He’s probably 155-165. At 180, he’s going to lose significant speed. Additionally, he really hasn’t been a great returner for UCF, so I doubt he will be in the NFL. He wasn’t a punt returner and they rarely return kickoffs anymore

I hope you're right, but he hasn't bulked up in the last 4 years, that's part of what college is for...I unfortunately think his body type is too small, if he was 200lbs I'd say he could make it, but that doesn't seem to be his body type..one hard hit by an NFL defender could end his career
There are 50-100 players in the NFL at least who run as fast and are nearly 200lbs or more

He’s probably 155-165. At 180, he’s going to lose significant speed. Additionally, he really hasn’t been a great returner for UCF, so I doubt he will be in the NFL. He wasn’t a punt returner and they rarely return kickoffs anymore
CFL

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He’s probably 155-165. At 180, he’s going to lose significant speed. Additionally, he really hasn’t been a great returner for UCF, so I doubt he will be in the NFL. He wasn’t a punt returner and they rar ly return kickoffs anymore
At 180 lbs doesn't mean you lose speed because your gaining muscle not fat. Like your subsequent mentioned " There are 50-100 players in the NFL at least who run as fast and are nearly 200lbs or more". Somehow they're getting it done.

I guarantee his soon to be agents are telling him to bulk up since he already has the speed.

At 180 lbs doesn't mean you lose speed because your gaining muscle not fat. Like your subsequent mentioned " There are 50-100 players in the NFL at least who run as fast and are nearly 200lbs or more". Somehow they're getting it done.

I guarantee his soon to be agents are telling him to bulk up since he already has the speed.
I seriously doubt that with his frame after 4 years that he’s going to all of a sudden gain 20 or more pounds and not lose speed. He would have done that already to a degree.
That would put him at maybe 180. Not 200lbs.

He’s already shown that he hasn’t really been faster than his freshman year

Love AK, but he’s not an NFL talent. He may sneak into the 6th or 7th round.

Reactions: JAFFX2
I seriously doubt that with his frame after 4 years that he’s going to all of a sudden gain 20 or more pounds and not lose speed. He would have done that already to a degree.
That would put him at maybe 180. Not 200lbs.

He’s already shown that he hasn’t really been faster than his freshman year

Love AK, but he’s not an NFL talent. He may sneak into the 6th or 7th round.

Do you ever sleep? :joy:

Just pulled up his career stats by season and his long runs and catches are for 75-96 yards each year. Going to miss that explosive playmaking.

According to UCF stats he gained 9 pounds since being a freshman. If he were to suddenly put on 20 more pounds it would definitely have an impact on his mobility.

I think more people are enamored by his freshman season, but he never really progressed nor stood out from Anderson, McCrae and now Thompson.

According to UCF stats he gained 9 pounds since being a freshman. If he were to suddenly put on 20 more pounds it would definitely have an impact on his mobility.

I think more people are enamored by his freshman season, but he never really progressed nor stood out from Anderson, McCrae and now Thompson.

Its hard to run East and West when you have no support from the OLine. RBs only look as good as their OLine and our has struggled.

Someone should write a book chronicling all the early departing collegiate players who have busted in the NFL, interviewing them and finding out who was giving them this info.

AK ain't makin the NFL. If I were him, I'd just enjoy the hell outta my last collegiate game and take it all in.

I hope his friends and family are supportive. As for his last game, even if he doesn't get into the NFL, theres still CFL and XFL. Even arena. I think he should chase his dream as far as he wants.

If he played, Heupel should showcase the hell out of his speed with KO returns, passes to him, reverses, etc. Apparently, Marshall has no speed at LB

AK should play IMO. He hasn’t been seriously hurt in 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT