ADVERTISEMENT

All Assistants Staying for the Peach

ThreeDogKnight

Bronze Knight
Nov 27, 2005
STL

Updated Dec. 2

Nebraska: Brett McMurphy reports Frost has agreed to seven-year, $35 million deal with Nebraska, but in recent days was having “serious cold feet & remorse.” Bruce Feldman tweets that Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos is “calling recruits and telling them Scott Frost has 90% of his staff in place, and they will be pleased.”

A person with direct knowledge of the situation tells The Athletic’s Chris Vannini that Moos told the Nebraska staff there will be a team meeting on Sunday. The assistant coaches he brings with him to Nebraska are expected to stay on at UCF through the Knights’ bowl game, another person with direct knowledge of the situation told The Athletic’s Nicole Auerbach. Nebraska, the person said, will pay 50 percent of the UCF assistant coaches’ salaries beginning Monday.

Are they going to be recruiting for Nebraska or preparing the boys?
I read it to mean that coach Frost not only demanded his assistants remain at UCF until January 2, but also for Nebraska to cover half of their salaries until then.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll put it here:

Make your hotel reservations NOW if you haven't already. Rooms going fast.

I didn't think he'd coach the bowl.

That said I can see him recruiting hard for Nebraska until the early signing date (Dec. 21?) then joining UCF for the rest of the days leading up to their game.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Sounds like Walters will be interim head coach so if Frost coaches it would not be in head coach capacity.

This thread should be deleted. There should only be threads today about UCF football and being Champions. Champions play at Spectrum stadium.

How can Nebraska's HC coach another team in a bowl game?

I mean, it's gotta be exciting for Little Red. They'll kinda of play in a bowl game this year.

I know, awkward and just plain weird. Just move on (both parties) and be done with it.

Happy for all that Frost did for the school, and that he's also leaving for his dream job.........but just cut the cord, already.

How can Nebraska's HC coach another team in a bowl game?

I mean, it's gotta be exciting for Little Red. They'll kinda of play in a bowl game this year.

They don't have a choice. Nebraska is playing by Frost's rules if they want him. Don't like it, too bad, who else you gonna hire?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT