ADVERTISEMENT

Amazon reportedly eyeing a 'Lord of the Rings' TV series

because fantasy worlds can make for good tv, especially if done correctly. have you heard of this show called game of thrones?

I almost didn’t watch Game of Thrones because I thought it would be like Lord of the Rings lol. They put me to sleep every time I try and watch them.

lotr5.jpg

Reactions: btbones
because fantasy worlds can make for good tv ...
In that case ... I just skip the celeb skin and go right for the modeling gold, no plot, just to the (or my) point. I mean, if I want to see half-@$$ed 'drama' with nudity, I'll pull up some '80s B movies (NOT!).

Seriously, my mind has been insulted with so many piss poor writing in TV series, I have literally left the viewing audience.
Even the short-lived Dilbert prime time cartoon quickly became a total run of continuous, sexual innuendo well of of Scott Adams' forte. That's the best example of how something that is good can be ruined by TV writers -- cable or even network TV. They quickly alienate some of their most supportive audience -- pre-show.

So while a LotR series might be great, I have a feeling it would devolve into some typical non-sense like a lot of things these series seem to sport.

The last series I really enjoyed was AMC's Halt'n Catch Fire, and even it flirted with the sex (well outside of the required plot detail) a bit too much at times (although finally got away from it after awhile). I guess that's why I really don't care for what most TV writers come up with.

And if I want skin, I might as well just go right to the point, if that's what I want. I'm not 13 with parents who are preventing me from watching anything but what the networks think is 'censor-approved.'

Kinda makes me laugh when they says "Adult situations," because to me, it's rather teenager'ish. Doesn't shock me that most Europeans make fun of our American TV.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT