ADVERTISEMENT

An armed society is a polite society

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
Just kidding a 7 year old child was murdered in Tampa this weekend while his grandfather attempted to shield him from bullets because he was swimming near jet skis.

two groups of people started arguing over jet skis being driven recklessly near where children were playing in the water, Johnson said. Members from each group opened fire.

Just days before the shooting, a new law went into effect in Florida allowing people to carry guns without a concealed weapons permit.

What in the actual fùck is wrong with today's GOP? Why are we the only country where this happens.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Why are we the only country where this happens?
Combination of things. The short and simple version

1) Violent society
2) Weak gun laws and punishment of the criminals
3) Too many guns
4) Warped interpretation of the 2nd Amendment
5) Crappy family structure

Screw the mental health aspect

What in the actual fùck is wrong with today's GOP? Why are we the only country where this happens.
Back in the Obama Days, I used to push and push and push gun defenders WHY ANYONE needed the right to purchase AR-15 assault rifles. The answer I finally got was that regular Americans 'had to be ready' if another Civil War broke out. I was told it was very possible Obama wouldn't leave office after his second term expired.

Back then, I shook my head and thought it was a JOKE.

Nowadays, I think that's EXACTLY why Republicans don't want to ban assault weapons. Gotta be ready when the next Civil War breaks out!

I disagree with the GOP on the concealed carry law. I am for concealed carry, but believe you should have to pass a background check and have some required gun training. Many states allow others with concealed license to carry across state lines which is one more reason to jump thru the hoops and get licensed. AR15 is a different issue.

I disagree with the GOP on the concealed carry law. I am for concealed carry, but believe you should have to pass a background check and have some required gun training. Many states allow others with concealed license to carry across state lines which is one more reason to jump thru the hoops and get licensed. AR15 is a different issue.
Licensing is a barrier to entry for poor people. What we really need is mandatory 2 years in the military or police (like many other countries do) where everyone gets firearm training. Mandatory service would solve many of our ills and would help here too.

Finally a non idiotic take from you. It's absolutely insane that people think it's ok for every swinging dick to carry around the power to end lives if they get their feelings hurt.

I have no problem with CCW, assuming they have been vetted and trained. With great power comes great responsibility.

Congrats on batting .0001.

Combination of things. The short and simple version

1) Violent society
2) Weak gun laws and punishment of the criminals
3) Too many guns
4) Warped interpretation of the 2nd Amendment
5) Crappy family structure

Screw the mental health aspect
1) + over-sensitive (inability to cope)

We have an ENTIRE TOWN, 35,000 people, on literal lockdown, unable to leave their houses with doors locked and barricaded.

35K cowering in fear in the "land of the free" because today's GOP is funded and supported by literal morons like @Nautiknight blaming this stuff on trans people.

We have an ENTIRE TOWN, 35,000 people, on literal lockdown, unable to leave their houses with doors locked and barricaded.

35K cowering in fear in the "land of the free" because today's GOP is funded and supported by literal morons like @Nautiknight blaming this stuff on trans people.
Stop Gas lighting . It is a fact in the last two years the majority of mass shooters have been trans. Full stop.

Second, if that happened in my town , about 20,000 of us are armed and wouldn't be hunkered down in fear.

Third, I have been listening various voices on this event. One, it's gas lighting to think we will ever just get rid of all the private fire arms . That's a non starter . Two, it's genuinely time to bring back mental health facilities that are secure abd humanely operated, but not by the state . We don't need any more abusive facilities. We need compassionate care where the civil rights of the mentally ill are curtailed especially when it comes to fire arms and we need facilities for juveniles.

When I was a kid in the 70s and 80s we just closed the doors on these places and many rightfully so. More laws won't do it here . We need to treat and remove people from society . Your rights and my rights shouldn't be curtailed because people young and old are suffering from bad mental health issues .

Last note. This summer I had a 42 year old schizophrenic dude hit on and stalk one of my 22 year old employees. It got so bad she filed a restraining order and our business filed a no trespass order. Everyone in Waynesville ,NC knows the guy is nuts. The police chief spoke to me about him. He is a ticking time bomb. My employee quit and moved out of state. His attorneys keep pushing for new trial dates due this or that and thr courts grant it! The man needs help. He is a huge community liability and the cops said nothing they can do until he does something bad. I am contemplating buying this non lethal gun that fires a round mixed with pepper spray and tear gas for my business so if he threatens my crew they have immediate self defense .

So, please tell me Ninja, what law would you suggest that will keep this deeply ill person from acquiring a weapon? What law keeps anyone from buying a used black market gun? People like him need serious mental Healthcare and he needs to be monitored 24/7 in my opinion. I think we need to open up mental health secured resident facilities to remove guys like this from society. That's the best option. Why should my Constitutional rights be curtailed because we let severely ill people walk amongst us and acquire weapons?

Reactions: thall__
Stop Gas lighting . It is a fact in the last two years the majority of mass shooters have been trans. Full stop.
Complete and utter bullsh*t.
Second, if that happened in my town, about 20,000 of us are armed and wouldn't be hunkered down in fear.
LOL
Your rights and my rights shouldn't be curtailed because people young and old are suffering from bad mental health issues .
Please explain your 'constitutional right' to purchase a military assault rifle. It's 'gas-lighting' to pretend this debate is about taking everybody's guns away.

This is absolutely not a fact. You either completely made that up, or you read/listen to people who lie to you and dont bother to fact check.

So, please tell me Ninja, what law would you suggest that will keep this deeply ill person from acquiring a weapon? What law keeps anyone from buying a used black market gun? People like him need serious mental Healthcare and he needs to be monitored 24/7 in my opinion. I think we need to open up mental health secured resident facilities to remove guys like this from society. That's the best option. Why should my Constitutional rights be curtailed because we let severely ill people walk amongst us and acquire weapons?

You can say that about any laws. Should we get rid of drunk driving laws? I mean, people still drink and drive. And yes, mental healthcare would be great, so why dont Republicans push for that? I assure you Democrats would be for that.

What in the ever loving FŪCK are you talking about? I stopped reading after this absolutely insane retarded take.

I am not reading another word until you post proof of this absolute bullshit claim.

You are far, far more mentally ill than any trans person if you actual believe this absolute load of horseshit first sentence.

Maine-Shooting-Suspect-Found-Dead-of-Self-Inflicted-Gunshot-Wound.jpg

Yet another "Trans" mass shooter, right Nauti? :)

@Nautiknight I see you are online now.

3 different people have called you out on your absolutely bullshit claim.

Post evidence or admit you are wrong.

Damn all those trannies with AR-15s
Last session, lawmakers in my State passed a law making it legal to conceal carry a gun without a permit of any kind. (I kid you not.) In the same session, they make it illegal for parents to give their trans child hormone blockers of any kind.

I'm soooooooooo glad my State has so many health and safety-minded legislators. :rolleyes:

Last session, lawmakers in my State passed a law making it legal to conceal carry a gun without a permit of any kind. (I kid you not.) In the same session, they make it illegal for parents to give their trans child hormone blockers of any kind.

I'm soooooooooo glad my State has so many health and safety-minded legislators. :rolleyes:
Nothing could possibly go wrong with allowing anyone with zero training to carry weapons designed to kill 30+ people.

After all, these mass killings (that only happen in America since the introduction of high capacity weapons) are the result of trans people (who exist in every single country since the beginning of time).

Just waiting on that evidence @Nautiknight

Good for Nebraska on both counts and the same things were passed in Florida. Nice to see your state grow a pair of balls.

Good for Nebraska on both counts and the same things were passed in Florida. Nice to see your state grow a pair of balls.
Please explain how allowing any swinging dick with zero training/experience/emotional control/IQ carry weapons in public makes us safer. Cite your sources.

-Sincerely, Elijah Wilson, 14, killed in ybor city this weekend.

"In the unedited video, which 8 On Your Side has chosen not to feature in our coverage, the body of one of the victims is seen lying in the middle of 7th Avenue."

The families of the deceased victims later identified them as Elijah Jaquan Wilson, 14, and Harrison Boonstoppel, 20.

“I never thought I would make a post like this,” wrote Ava Boonstoppel, Harrison Boonstoppel’s twin sister, on Facebook. “On Sunday morning, my twin brother was the victim at the mass shooting in Ybor, another senseless act of gun violence that ended the life of an innocent boy. I am heartbroken and don’t have many words right now, but he was a ray of sunshine and such a funny kid. My other half is gone and I don’t want to accept it, I love you Harrison and I miss you already.”

C3D5C65D-599A-4683-A73F-7525292ADE5D-rotated.jpg
IMG_2701.jpeg
Harrison Boonstoppel, one of the victims killed in the Ybor City shooting (Photos provided by the family)

Please explain how allowing any swinging dick with zero training/experience/emotional control/IQ carry weapons in public makes us safer. Cite your sources.

-Sincerely, Elijah Wilson, 14, killed in ybor city this weekend.

"In the unedited video, which 8 On Your Side has chosen not to feature in our coverage, the body of one of the victims is seen lying in the middle of 7th Avenue."

The families of the deceased victims later identified them as Elijah Jaquan Wilson, 14, and Harrison Boonstoppel, 20.

“I never thought I would make a post like this,” wrote Ava Boonstoppel, Harrison Boonstoppel’s twin sister, on Facebook. “On Sunday morning, my twin brother was the victim at the mass shooting in Ybor, another senseless act of gun violence that ended the life of an innocent boy. I am heartbroken and don’t have many words right now, but he was a ray of sunshine and such a funny kid. My other half is gone and I don’t want to accept it, I love you Harrison and I miss you already.”

C3D5C65D-599A-4683-A73F-7525292ADE5D-rotated.jpg
IMG_2701.jpeg
Harrison Boonstoppel, one of the victims killed in the Ybor City shooting (Photos provided by the family)

I've always had a concealed permit. Nothing much changes here:

Among the requirements and rules that are important to know:

- Anyone carrying concealed MUST also carry a valid identification on them and produce that ID upon demand by a law enforcement officer.
- The firearm MUST be concealed at all times. Open carry is still against the law in Florida (with exceptions where you are actively fishing, camping, hunting, or target shooting, or traveling to or from these activities).
- Previous restrictions regarding who is eligible to carry a firearm basically remains the same (eg: must be 21 or older, cannot have been convicted of a felony, etc.) and where you cannot carry a concealed firearm (eg: schools, bars, courthouses, etc.).

This isn't exactly earth-shattering.

No permit necessary in Nebraska.

Rules? Who needs any stinkin' rules when it comes to guns 'round these here parts. YeeHaw!
Yes, hence why I said good for Nebraska.

I am not sure you realize how dumb you sound when you go into old-man-yells-at-clouds mode with your second bit. I literally just cited the laws on the books.

• Haha
I've always had a concealed permit. Nothing much changes here:

Among the requirements and rules that are important to know:

- Anyone carrying concealed MUST also carry a valid identification on them and produce that ID upon demand by a law enforcement officer.
- The firearm MUST be concealed at all times. Open carry is still against the law in Florida (with exceptions where you are actively fishing, camping, hunting, or target shooting, or traveling to or from these activities).
- Previous restrictions regarding who is eligible to carry a firearm basically remains the same (eg: must be 21 or older, cannot have been convicted of a felony, etc.) and where you cannot carry a concealed firearm (eg: schools, bars, courthouses, etc.).

This isn't exactly earth-shattering.
I don't think requiring just a modicum of training to carry a deadly weapon in public is unreasonable.

With every other source of power in this country you require training/licensing.

For some idiotic reason we give a complete pass to the power to kill dozens of people simply because of a nearly quarter of millennium old document written by a bunch of guys who wouldn't be even able to remotely fathom what firearms have become.

Also @Nautiknight why can't you respond to a simple request to back up your claims?

You are online right this very moment, but I guess you are too much of a snowflake to admit you were completely making up statements.

I don't think requiring just a modicum of training to carry a deadly weapon in public is unreasonable.

With every other source of power in this country you require training/licensing.

For some idiotic reason we give a complete pass to the power to kill dozens of people simply because of a nearly quarter of millennium old document written by a bunch of guys who wouldn't be even able to remotely fathom what firearms have become.

I am not against the training aspect. It's not going to do anything for criminals/felons who illegally possess firearms, but it would have benefit to many others.

LOL Says the poster who told us he has a permit to carry around a f*cking gun.
facepalm.png
You can’t possibly be this stupid. You have no idea the various background I have with firearms. Or how many years I’ve spent teaching or involved in Hunter safety and gun safety courses. But please, by all means, continue on with your Dipshit narrative.

Do yourself a favor: stop posting.

You can’t possibly be this stupid. You have no idea the various background I have with firearms. Or how many years I’ve spent teaching or involved in Hunter safety and gun safety courses.
I have no idea? I have no idea??? It literally begs the question: How could YOU possibly be this stupid? This is an anonymous message board for crying out loud.

Frankly, I don't give a f*ck who you are---if you're not a law enforcement officer you have no business carrying a concealed weapon. Christ, gun-toting morons like you act like we still live in the Wild West.
Do yourself a favor: stop posting.
You wish. Follow your own advice. In the years I've been here, you've offered nothing of any substance other than comic relief. Go hide out in the Dungeon with your buddy, 85. Trust me, the Water Cooler can get along just fine without you.

I have no idea? I have no idea??? It literally begs the question: How could YOU possibly be this stupid? This is an anonymous message board for crying out loud.

Frankly, I don't give a f*ck who you are---if you're not a law enforcement officer you have no business carrying a concealed weapon. Christ, gun-toting morons like you act like we still live in the Wild West.

You wish. Follow your own advice. In the years I've been here, you've offered nothing of any substance other than comic relief. Go hide out in the Dungeon with your buddy, 85. Trust me, the Water Cooler can get along just fine without you.
It’s not begs the question, dummy. Please learn the proper usage of this. You mean prompts.

No business? Please point out the laws I am breaking at the federal or state level. I’ll wait.

I was here long before you and I’ll be here long after you’re gone. You and crazy shared one thing in common: you greatly overstayed your welcome. He was insane, however. What is your fukcin excuse other than being old and stupid?

Juvenile insults are literally all you've ever had to offer. Save them for UCFBS.

Juvenile insults are literally all you've ever had to offer. Save them for UCFBS.

This is rich coming from you. And you might also want to look up the word literally. Another misuse...

When you act like a child as you do, and have done for years, that's what you get. And of course, you completely ignore my query into all the laws I've broken. Still waiting...

I like how you imagine that you’re such a savage debater that I’m “hiding” in the Dungeon 😂. The reality, as you’ve just demonstrated, is that you’re a mentally ill lunatic who ruined this board years ago when you decided that you’ll hang out here since none of your own NU fans like you. There was no further point even posting here when literally every thread was either created by you or dominated by you, in all of your insane glory.

You’re now claiming that no one but LEO should be allowed to legally carry a firearm for legal self defense. I mean, 😂

Enjoy the Cooler though. It seems like this may be the only place where you interact with other human beings. Cheers 🥂

@Nautiknight why did you rurn away? It shows you were online as of 3 minutes ago viewing this very forum.

Why can't you provide a single shred of evidence for your claims?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT