ADVERTISEMENT

And here we go....

(for now) are the operative terms.

Gus is poised to make a run at the Florida or Arkansas jobs if he wins out at UCF. Florida is the easier of the two gigs by far, but has the worse roster. The NCAA, however, just ruled that schools can sign as many players as they have scholarships available with no caps. Gus could flip Florida into contention in two years.
What makes anyone think that Gus wants either the Arkansas HC job or the Florida job?

OK. Good argument. He did better than I remembered. Maybe I am just remembering the final Rivals? Seems like his classes were 60-65-ish? And I never recall anyone saying he was a good recruiter. But those names don’t lie. All good, contributing guys.
It became a recurring narrative especially after he left, which maybe its true, but also I think its been a way to keep hoping Gus won't turn out to be a bad hire so blame it on the previous coach. Still seems like Malzahn is not putting his recruits/transfers on the field.

Malzahn did well with John Walker, but with the team struggling, and him showing off already. He better hope NIL poachers aren't in Walker's ear all season long.

UCF ranks No. 4 in total offense nationally (behind Washington, Oregon, and USC three undefeated PAC-10 teams ranked in the Top 10)

UCF is in its first year out of G5 and competing with the ELITE offenses in college football, and y'all think offense is the problem.
HC is not OC. defense must improve. at least top 30ish needs to be our defense floor.

Gotta win. I can see where all this is heading though. Just like the GOL era everyone was fractured towards the end of it. The GOL nut-huggers vs the haters. Both were right, both were wrong. The lowest common denominator usually takes over on sport's forums like these. After the Baylor loss and meltdown I'm leaning on the hater side, but am going just go back to, 'it is just entertainment' for me.

Congrats Coach on getting a pay raise...Now go earn it.
The Navy pathetic game, the Tulane and Duke Pathic-ness. Then possibly the most infamous game possibly of all time......the Baylor Bad News Bears at Home. Oye!

Auburn alum here..curious to see the reaction to Malzahn’s extension and I can tell some of you are beginning to figure things out already. Blown leads, sudden offensive collapses, great recruiting with 0 player development. I’ll leave you with this…

Malzahn was 5-12 vs Bama / LSU / UGA (completely winless on the road) — You better pray that you continue to have true dual threat QBs..when Gus passed on Lamar Jackson back in ‘14, that was the beginning of the end. Legit DTQB is mandatory for his offense to be remotely competitive against real defenses. I have true emotional scars from watching some of his offensive performances.

Best of luck to both of our programs 😂

Reactions: Yaes
Malzahn was 5-12 vs Bama / LSU / UGA (completely winless on the road) .
Before you go, please post the records of ALL other SEC coaches, or all coaches in the FBS, against those three schools and their records playing those schools on the road *during* the span Gus faced them.

I GUARANTEE Gus's winning percentage will trump them all. Probably all combined. That is what people fail to see. Gus was the WINNINGEST coach against those programs AND Gus faced them EVERY YEAR whether he had good teams or not. Not only when he had National Championship caliber teams in bowl games like Dabo.

I'll hang up and wait...

And Gus was 0-2 against Clemson in losses decided by one score.

But you know what?

lsWho, Thuga, uat, and Clempsun have won EVERY National Championship since 2015!!!!!!

And the only times did they not beat each other for the title (In 2020 uat beat a Ohio State University for the COVID title and last year when Thugs destroyed TCU).

Last edited:
Before you go, please post the records of ALL other SEC coaches, or all coaches in the FBS, against those three schools and their records playing those schools on the road *during* the span Gus faced them.

I GUARANTEE Gus's winning percentage will trump them all. Probably all combined. That is what people fail to see. Gus was the WINNINGEST coach against those programs AND Gus faced them EVERY YEAR whether he had good teams or not. Not only when he had National Championship caliber teams in bowl games like Dabo.

I'll hang up and wait...

And Gus was 0-2 against Clemson in losses decided by one score.

But you know what?

lsWho, Thuga, uat, and Clempsun have won EVERY National Championship since 2015!!!!!!

And only once in that time did they not beat each other for the title (In 2020 uat beat a Ohio State University for the COVID title).

Your response proves you’re content with mediocrity and moral victories. Don’t need to expand. Best of luck 🤝🤝

Do they enjoy blowing 25 point 4th quarter leads over in Arkansas?
They don't know what leads are at Arkansas at 101 nationally in total offense, 97 in rushing offense, and 93 in passing offense. The grass looks pretty green in Orlando from Fayetteville's perspective.

Is it developing talent or evaluating talent?

Castellanos has only been with BC since spring, he is starting, he is on pace to finish his first season with more passing TDs, more passing yards, and more rushing yards than Plumlee did in 2022.
It’s always about developing talent. Developing talent > evaluating talent.

Auburn alum here..curious to see the reaction to Malzahn’s extension and I can tell some of you are beginning to figure things out already. Blown leads, sudden offensive collapses, great recruiting with 0 player development. I’ll leave you with this…

Malzahn was 5-12 vs Bama / LSU / UGA (completely winless on the road) — You better pray that you continue to have true dual threat QBs..when Gus passed on Lamar Jackson back in ‘14, that was the beginning of the end. Legit DTQB is mandatory for his offense to be remotely competitive against real defenses. I have true emotional scars from watching some of his offensive performances.

Best of luck to both of our programs 😂
In all fairness was anybody else better against Bama over the same tenure? Answer is probably “No”.

Prior to posting that reply, did you, at any point, consider those defenses rank low nationally *BECAUSE* they faced Gus's Citro-JUGGER-Naut offense?

Penix threw for like a million on Boise. Villanova is an FCS school. Mikey Keene scored a touchdown on every possession against Kent State. The offensive numbers are very padded. Just as they were last year against FAMU, FAU, and Temple.

UCF ranks No. 4 in total offense nationally (behind Washington, Oregon, and USC three undefeated PAC-10 teams ranked in the Top 10)

UCF is in its first year out of G5 and competing with the ELITE offenses in college football, and y'all think offense is the problem.
Please stop with the weird stats that paint misleading pictures

The offensive numbers are very padded.
Please stop with the weird stats that paint misleading pictures

So UCF's stats are 'padded' and 'paint misleading pictures' right?

Then please explain how Gus hung 56 points and rolled up 723 yards of total offense against the same Kent State team in the opener that held Arkansas to 28 points and 308 total yards ONE WEEK later in Fayetteville.

Again, I'll hang up and listen.

(I guess teams like Kent State really do show the most improvement from Week 1 to Week 2.)

Last edited:
So UCF's stats are 'padded' and 'paint misleading pictures' right?

Then please explain how Gus hung 56 points and rolled up 723 yards of total offense against the same Kent State team in the opener that held Arkansas to 28 points and 308 total yards ONE WEEK later in Fayetteville.

Again, I'll hang up and listen.

(I guess teams like Kent State really do show the most improvement from Week 1 to Week 2.)

Oh, my God! Did you have to show that face???

gus-baseball.gif

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Gus is good at one thing. Getting Arky to start rumors to get him a raise. Did it at Auburn and now UCF.

As an Auburn Fan, I feel yore pain UCF
Only Arkansas REALLY DID want Gus in 2017 and again in 2023.

In late 2017, Arkansas promised Gus $49 million, a 75% buyout, and the opportunity to choose his own AD. Auburn matched the offer.

In early 2018, Gus hired Allen Greene, now in the Ole Miss athletics department, as the Auburn AD. Greene, if you remember, never wanted Gus to be fired at Auburn.

Come to think of it, Greene would be a great fit at UCF should the Knights decide to move on from Terry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yaes
Only Arkansas REALLY DID want Gus in 2017 and again in 2023.

In late 2017, Arkansas promised Gus $49 million, a 75% buyout, and the opportunity to choose his own AD. Auburn matched the offer.

In early 2018, Gus hired Allen Greene, now in Ole Miss athletes department, as the Auburn AD. Greene, if you remember, never wanted Gus to be fired at Auburn.

Come to think of it, Greene would be a great fit at UCF should the Knights decide to move on from Terry.
Very informative. Taught me things I didn't know. Thanks.

Very informative. Taught me things I didn't know. Thanks.
Gus chose to stay at Auburn instead of going home to Arkansas because he felt Auburn gave him a better opportunity to win a national championship than Arkansas.

Gus (as you have heard him say out of his own mouth) thinks UCF can win a national championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT