ADVERTISEMENT

And on top of everything, let's put EJ in for one snap and get closer to burning his redshirt

Oldest Man

Silver Knight
Oct 19, 2001
And have him handoff to RJ....who could have just as easily taken a direct snap. And btw, what about KJ? He couldn't hand it off to RJ? Gus continues to show signs, in the heat of the moment, of incompetence.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
And have him handoff to RJ....who could have just as easily taken a direct snap. And btw, what about KJ? He couldn't hand it off to RJ? Gus continues to show signs, in the heat of the moment, of incompetence.
I could be wrong, but I don't think he even had to put EJ in. JB lost his helmet, but Iowa St. called a timeout. I thought a timeout negated the fact that a player had to leave to the field for one play. Not a 100% sure on this though...

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
I could be wrong, but I don't think he even had to put EJ in. JB lost his helmet, but Iowa St. called a timeout. I thought a timeout negated the fact that a player had to leave to the field for one play. Not a 100% sure on this though...
Not sure if that’s the rule. I’m pretty sure teams would call a timeout instead of replacing QB most of the time. I’ve never seen it done.

Not sure if that’s the rule. I’m pretty sure teams would call a timeout instead of replacing QB most of the time. I’ve never seen it done.
So I looked it up and per the rule book:

The ‘Helmet Off’ Rule in college football states that if a player’s helmet comes completely off through play, other than as the direct result of a foul by an opponent, the player must leave the game for the next down. The game clock will stop at the end of the down. The player may remain in the game if his team is granted a charged timeout. The timeout allows for the options of both keeping a player in a game at a critical moment while also allowing the equipment staff to adjust the helmet before the player returns to the game.

Because Iowa State was the one who called timeout, JB was still required to sit out one play so I was wrong (my bad).

Although you could argue that Gus could have called a timeout as well and he would have been able to stay in.

So I looked it up and per the rule book:

The ‘Helmet Off’ Rule in college football states that if a player’s helmet comes completely off through play, other than as the direct result of a foul by an opponent, the player must leave the game for the next down. The game clock will stop at the end of the down. The player may remain in the game if his team is granted a charged timeout. The timeout allows for the options of both keeping a player in a game at a critical moment while also allowing the equipment staff to adjust the helmet before the player returns to the game.

Because Iowa State was the one who called timeout, JB was still required to sit out one play so I was wrong (my bad).

Although you could argue that Gus could have called a timeout as well and he would have been able to stay in.
I’m sure Gus doesn’t know the rules either.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Badger 80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT