ADVERTISEMENT

Another flaw in Current playoff

GoKnights2003

Bronze Knight
Nov 27, 2017
Anyone think maybe Georgia took the loss so they could play Cincinnati? Not sure if this has been mentioned before but it crossed my mind. Thoughts?

Reactions: ozfrog
The playoff format should be a 6 team playoff, each Power 5 and a G5 team in the playoffs. That way it eliminates so much of the ambiguity. Does a team like Baylor or Wake Forest deserve to be in over a team like Georgia? Probably not, but I just think it's ridiculous that Georgia gets stomped in the SEC Championship (again) and it doesn't even matter because they're going to the playoffs anyway.

Right but one could argue a 2 loss Bama cuts an SEC team out of the playoffs, and hypothetically puts Georgia vs. Cincy and Michigan vs ?

• Wow
Anyone who thinks Cincy winning out is good, says 'Hey we have a REAL Natonial Championship compared to your pathetic pretend National Championship?" Be careful what you wish for.

Time for a G5 to win out, is the year we become P5, not before. Think before you respond.

PS I believe G5 should be in the playoffs, even when we are P5.

Georgia has not won a national championship in forever, and last time they got close Saban took them out. Georgia wanted to crush Alabama and possibly have them out of the playoffs. Georgia's confidence is shot, and their dream season is falling apart.

Reality is...... IAA or FCS has the right system, or at least the best possible so far. But, P5 schmucks won't learn from what actually works. There should be room for G5, independents and others. That won't happen because the chance that Akron in the wildest chancests, winning the championship would kill the elites.

Anyone who thinks Cincy winning out is good, says 'Hey we have a REAL Natonial Championship compared to your pathetic pretend National Championship?" Be careful what you wish for.

Time for a G5 to win out, is the year we become P5, not before. Think before you respond.

PS I believe G5 should be in the playoffs, even when we are P5.
So much this.

Anyone who thinks Cincy winning out is good, says 'Hey we have a REAL Natonial Championship compared to your pathetic pretend National Championship?" Be careful what you wish

Umm every other fanbase already does that. UCF fans are the only people that are serious about defending it

• Sad
i doubt they would try to tank a SEC championship game against a team they lost to 6 straight times coming in.

and UGA barely beat Cincy in the Peach Bowl in January. it's not like they have recent history of wiping the floor with them.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT