ADVERTISEMENT

Another great month for jobs; Unemployment lowest since 1969

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
The good news for America and Pres Trump keeps rolling in. The economy is on fire.

The U.S. jobs machine kept humming along in April, adding a robust 263,000 new hires while the unemployment rate fell to 3.6%, the lowest in a generation, according to a Labor Department report Friday.

Nonfarm payroll growth easily beat Wall Street expectations of 190,000 and a 3.8% jobless rate.

Unemployment was last this low in December 1969 when it hit 3.5%. At a time when many economists see a tight labor market, big job growth continues as the economic expansion is just a few months away from being the longest in history.

Reactions: btbones
I still just can't believe that this whole thing worked. We're getting to the point where wages are going to start increasing substantially. It shouldn't have worked but it is.

I still just can't believe that this whole thing worked. We're getting to the point where wages are going to start increasing substantially. It shouldn't have worked but it is.
Confidence is a powerful thing.

We should. Then again, we should have seen wages grow for the last 40 years and we haven't.

This is patently false by every possible measure. The Fed of Atlanta website which tracks wage growth statistics shows, undeniably, that wage growth has been north of 3% since 2016 and recently, the weighted average % wage growth is in the 3.7-3.9% range and on pace to cross the 4% threshold, bringing us closer and closer to pre-recession wage growth percentages.

https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker.aspx

Every single weighted wage growth report since January 2017 has been 3% or higher, many of them reaching 3.9%.

yeah...good luck with that. Wages increase substantially? hahahahaha!
Thats what happens when low unemployment causes inflationary pressure in the job market. It isnt rocket science. Unlike the new Keynesian approach, there is a healthy way to increase wages instead of just inflating the currency.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Thats what happens when low unemployment causes inflationary pressure in the job market. It isnt rocket science. Unlike the new Keynesian approach, there is a healthy way to increase wages instead of just inflating the currency.

Not sure if serious.
We've been pumping money into the economy for years and years now. Trumps "tax cuts" doubled-down on the idea. We are at a period in economic history where we MUST see significant wage growth because without it we will never pay back our debts.

This is patently false by every possible measure. The Fed of Atlanta website which tracks wage growth statistics shows, undeniably, that wage growth has been north of 3% since 2016 and recently, the weighted average % wage growth is in the 3.7-3.9% range and on pace to cross the 4% threshold, bringing us closer and closer to pre-recession wage growth percentages.

https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker.aspx

Every single weighted wage growth report since January 2017 has been 3% or higher, many of them reaching 3.9%.

Go back to the kids table, Copernicus.

Mine has already. Lower taxes too.

Sorry if yours hasn’t. How are you at making morning coffee?

Mine has too along with more money per paycheck. Sounds like liberals are just mad that they can’t better themselves in a booming economy with lower taxes

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Mine has too along with more money per paycheck. Sounds like liberals are just mad that they can’t better themselves in a booming economy with lower taxes
Can the few ones that can mail us the difference in their take home, since it’s because of Trump and unappreciated?

I swear I’ll donate it for TDS research and treatment

Not sure if serious.
We've been pumping money into the economy for years and years now. Trumps "tax cuts" doubled-down on the idea. We are at a period in economic history where we MUST see significant wage growth because without it we will never pay back our debts.
Pumping money isnt exactly what we are doing right now, but i get your point. Theres a difference between qe and borrowing.

it is absolutely amazing that CNN was so positive and did not spin this in a different direction.....
Maybe they need to get the viewers back that they have lost. Turning over a new leaf??

Doubtful

just to put this in perspective........

ahOdq5.png

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The good news for America and Pres Trump keeps rolling in. The economy is on fire.

The U.S. jobs machine kept humming along in April, adding a robust 263,000 new hires while the unemployment rate fell to 3.6%, the lowest in a generation, according to a Labor Department report Friday.

Nonfarm payroll growth easily beat Wall Street expectations of 190,000 and a 3.8% jobless rate.

Unemployment was last this low in December 1969 when it hit 3.5%. At a time when many economists see a tight labor market, big job growth continues as the economic expansion is just a few months away from being the longest in history.
Must be that magic wand that Odumbo couldnt locate

Reactions: UCFWayne
Hillary was right about one thing in that clip. Pretty much every economist said trump would lead us into a recession. That should tell us an awful lot about the people who call themselves economists today. There was no possible way Trumps plan was going to cause a recession. It's literally counterintuitive to have thought it would.

Paul Krugman basically assured us that his election would bring the end of days. Yet liberals still insist he's a respected economist today.

trump was clearly wrong. he said i would get tired of all the winning. im still not tired. of course weve got several more years left.

Reactions: btbones
Paul Krugman basically assured us that his election would bring the end of days. Yet liberals still insist he's a respected economist today.

Yeah...Krugman predicted a global recession just from Trump getting elected:

Now comes the mother of all adverse effects — and what it brings with it is a regime that will be ignorant of economic policy and hostile to any effort to make it work. Effective fiscal support for the Fed? Not a chance. In fact, you can bet that the Fed will lose its independence, and be bullied by cranks.

So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened.

What Happened on Election Day
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...-night-2016/paul-krugman-the-economic-fallout

Or this gem from the Chief Economic Journalist from the Politico, who interviewed other "economists and academia" prior to the 2016 election:

Economists: A Trump win would tank the markets
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-wall-street-effect-markets-230164

Last edited:
The best economists appear to be the people that the Trump WH has employed since their GDP growth projections have been nearly spot on since 2016, whereas the Obama economic advisory team got nearly every single projection wrong and not in a good way.

Tearing up our trade agreements would destroy our economy worse than Brexit.

It's idiotic and dangerous. It's moronic. And the Sanders morons fall into this same camp.

Look who else is a dumb shit. Amazing.

lol we didn't "tear up" any Agreements, did we dumb shit?

You're sooooo butthurt that things are going well under Trump.
I never said things wouldn't go well when you look at the numbers of the country as a whole. They are going great for some people. Every one expected that Trump would enrich the lives of the wealthy and he has. He's taken money from the government budget that typically goes to the poorest and distributed it to the wealthy. Hes like a reverse robin hood.

I never said things wouldn't go well when you look at the numbers of the country as a whole. They are going great for some people. Every one expected that Trump would enrich the lives of the wealthy and he has. He's taken money from the government budget that typically goes to the poorest and distributed it to the wealthy. Hes like a reverse robin hood.
Lol, what money that used to go to the poorest isn't anymore? If you're talking about unemployment and welfare benefits, well thats because those people have jobs now.

Reactions: YourWifesBoyfriend
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT