ADVERTISEMENT

Another undefeated Florida school gets left out

the ACC deserved this. remember they joined with the B1G and Pac 12 (THE ALLIANCE) to stop the expanded playoffs from going into effect this season.

Kevin Warren was looking at those other two commissioners like they were food at THE ALLIANCE announcement and now you see why. he raided the Pac 12 and the ACC screwed themselves out of a playoff spot in 2023.

ESPN was selling the Alabama inclusion yesterday. Just another reason that SEC and B10 will get favoritism even in the new playoff format until they eventually break away.

Non Texas/Oklahoma B12 champion would have got the same treatment.

Sure, FSU got hosed, but who the hell wants to see them get throttled playing with their back up QB's.

Louisville game yesterday was dreadful to watch, I turned it off by halftime.

the ACC deserved this. remember they joined with the B1G and Pac 12 (THE ALLIANCE) to stop the expanded playoffs from going into effect this season.

Kevin Warren was looking at those other two commissioners like they were food at THE ALLIANCE announcement and now you see why. he raided the Pac 12 and the ACC screwed themselves out of a playoff spot in 2023.
Respectfully, my UCFriend, this is leaving out the fact that ‘The Alliance’ came into existence because the SEC kicked off another round of realignment by poaching Oklahoma and Texas from the Big 12.

It was never about just joining forces to vote against playoff expansion. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but this all goes back to the SEC.

Respectfully, my UCFriend, this is leaving out the fact that ‘The Alliance’ came into existence because the SEC kicked off another round of realignment by poaching Oklahoma and Texas from the Big 12.

It was never about just joining forces to vote against playoff expansion. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but this all goes back to the SEC.
that is true about the SEC's actions (and in these parts we support that because that got our foot in the door), but if the ACC and Pac 12 didn't unite with the B1G and instead was in favor of the expansion going in to effect this year, would FSU be in the playoffs right now?

Sucks for FSU, but let’s be real. Any team in the top 4 would be heavy favorites over them. We aren’t yet in the inclusion era of the playoff.

Reactions: connerito
Sucks for FSU, but let’s be real. Any team in the top 4 would be heavy favorites over them. We aren’t yet in the inclusion era of the playoff.
Oregon was a heavy favorite over Washington in their conference playoffs so you never know what could happen. You can only judge on what already happened. I don’t disagree with you that I would put my money on who they play but that’s y u play it out

It was wrong when UCF got hosed by the Committee and it's wrong that FSU got hosed. I loathe the SEC and it's clear they got a grip on the Committee. Bama isn't clearly better nor is UGA. Bama needed a miracle 4th abd 31 to best Auburn, struggled against Arkansas abd usf . UGA struggled against GA Tech . Those teams aren't world beaters . FSUs defense can stop nearly anyone . I don't like the Committee choices . We destroyed okie state worse better than Texas . This entire thing is a sham in my book .

Oregon was a heavy favorite over Washington in their conference playoffs so you never know what could happen. You can only judge on what already happened. I don’t disagree with you that I would put my money on who they play but that’s y u play it out
Washington was at full strength and already beat Oregon. I actually bet them to win outright this weekend. I don’t think FSU stays within 17 points of Georgia.

It was wrong when UCF got hosed by the Committee and it's wrong that FSU got hosed. I loathe the SEC and it's clear they got a grip on the Committee. Bama isn't clearly better nor is UGA. Bama needed a miracle 4th abd 31 to best Auburn, struggled against Arkansas abd usf . UGA struggled against GA Tech . Those teams aren't world beaters . FSUs defense can stop nearly anyone . I don't like the Committee choices . We destroyed okie state worse better than Texas . This entire thing is a sham in my book .
You people have no idea.

I assure you it's not the SEC because AUBURN got screwed in 2004 and 2017.

It's MONEY and POLITICS.

sabahr gets what sabahr wants.

It's sabahr, bammer, and cronies like Mark Emmert (former NCAA president). Emmert (politics), though gone now, still has a lot of pull. ESPN (money) has a lot of pull. All the politicians (money & politics) making phone calls have a lot of pull. Paul Bryant Jr. (money & politics) has a lot of pull.

Louisiana State University

"On November 30, 1999, Mark Emmert hired Nick Saban as football coach. LSU won the BCS Championship in 2003 under Saban's tutelage and was 48-16 over five seasons (2000–04). Prior to Saban's arrival, LSU suffered eight losing seasons from 1989-99.

The graduation rate of the LSU football team, among the lowest in the SEC when Emmert arrived, was among the highest by 2004.

In 2001–02, a university instructor made accusations of academic fraud in the school's football program, including plagiarized papers and un-enrolled students showing up in class to take notes for football players. ..."

--30--

Twice the NCAA (Emmert) changed rules for college football because Gus beat sabahr in the Iron Bowl. Player substitutions. Changed. Game clock procedures. Changed.

Y'all have no idea what Gus Malzahn was able to accomplish at Auburn. Unfortunately, neither did Auburn.

You're right, that FSU defense is good. But apparently winning with your defense isn't acceptable.

Both Clemson and FSU want out of the ACC. Both want in the SEC but the SEC doesn't want either of them. I may be alone in this, but I'd love to see both in the Big12 with UCF
I've heard the SEC would take 4 teams from the ACC but the issue is how much it would cost to dissolve the ACC. I've heard rumors the SEC would take UNC, Virginia, Clemson, and FSU. The Big12 would take VT, Pitt, NCState/Duke, and GT/Miami. The Big10 would be able to get their pick in as well and I've heard that ND may even join a conference. How likely is that to happen? Probably just as likely that USF is going to join the ACC. Who knows maybe they do join if 9/10 teams leave the conference and there are 3 big mega conferences with 20 teams per conference.

It's a BS argument to rank teams based on what ifs. They went undefeated. It "shouldn't" matter they lost their starting QB. Would FSU have gotten a beat down? Maybe but they deserved a shot. Thank God all this crap is over next year. Way less possibility of teams getting left out.

Feel like Washington's undefeated resume is getting a pass despite not really having a tough road game this season. Didn't have to play @Oregon and their only really good wins are the 2 against Oregon. Both deserve to be in a playoff for the championship, of course, but FSU may well be the "better team" just head to head against Washington on a neutral field if that's the criteria.

I feel bad for their players but not their fans and administration. They had no sympathy for UCF and you add how they acted late summer bc they were upset about UCF’s TV deal

and let’s be real. If anyone actually watched them play their last two games their offense is trash.
They never thought in a million years it would happen to them. I completely believe they got shafted and that people are just applying their opinions on best teams instead of the teams that earned the right to play, but all their "just join a better conference" and "schedule tougher teams" and "it's not about just winning all your games" stuff has come back around on them.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
I've heard the SEC would take 4 teams from the ACC but the issue is how much it would cost to dissolve the ACC. I've heard rumors the SEC would take UNC, Virginia, Clemson, and FSU. The Big12 would take VT, Pitt, NCState/Duke, and GT/Miami. The Big10 would be able to get their pick in as well and I've heard that ND may even join a conference. How likely is that to happen? Probably just as likely that USF is going to join the ACC. Who knows maybe they do join if 9/10 teams leave the conference and there are 3 big mega conferences with 20 teams per conference.
if all of that happens USF may join the New ACC.

I feel bad, and then I remember the FSU fans that torched me during the time we didn't make the playoffs. UF and UM fans were more sympathetic, FSU fans were nasty and I even cut some people out of my life during this time.

So while I'm sorry.... this is Karma. Glad they didn't make it. Oh well.

Will be interesting to see what they do if they beat Georgia (which I don't think they will).

I am so happy about this. Make no mistake FSU got screwed over but they fking deserve being left out. **** fsu they've done nothing for UCF and couldn't give two shits when UCF got left out when we went undefeated by two seasons. Love seeing these high and mighty teams get a taste for their own medicine 🤡

I blame the ACC commissioner.

James Phillips should have immediately said if the CrimiNoles aren't included in the CFP, then NO ACC team will participate in any bowl game.

Gotta have a spine if you have skin in the game. Obviously they (ACC/FSU) knew, and obviously they went along with it.

Reactions: Robert0122
I blame the ACC commissioner.

James Phillips should have immediately said if the CrimiNoles aren't included in the CFP, then NO ACC team will participate in any bowl game.

Gotta have a spine if you have skin in the game. Obviously they (ACC/FSU) knew, and obviously they went along with it.
NO WAY does the rest of the conference agree to this, they hate FSU…..they have been bad partners and are constantly trying to embarrass the conference

Nothing to see here. It's only a coincidence the B1G and $EC got all 4 playoff spots. The committee is compromised. They must go!

So, who is going to the orange bowl and waving the 2017 National Championship flag during the game. You’d get on tv.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT