ADVERTISEMENT

Another year and no Big dance:

There is just no "it" factor without Tacko out there. It is a nice collection of talent and everyone should improve next season but none of them seem to be able to takeover a game. BJ does every so often but...hard to harshly judge him when he always seems to be coming off or dealing with some kind of injury. If he has one healthy season next year, we can get a better vibe on what his true potential is.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Actually when BJ leaves I’m pretty concerned. Outside of Caesar nobody has shown shit. Allen, Griffin, and McSpadden would be ok if we were still in the CUSA but alas we are not.

Actually when BJ leaves I’m pretty concerned. Outside of Caesar nobody has shown shit. Allen, Griffin, and McSpadden would be ok if we were still in the CUSA but alas we are not.

We wouldn’t even win in C-USA. Did you see Marshall today vs. Wichita? They could shoot the daylights out of the ball. We don’t have anything like that.

Sad, You need to predict that we will NOT go.........

Last edited:
I don't see or hear anything about UCF basketball to get me excited about next season. Am I wrong or just uninformed? It is frustrating that a school of 60,000 students cannot come up with elite athletes to compete with Cinci, Houston, Wichita, etc. on a year to year basis. I'm tired of waiting. :(

I don't see or hear anything about UCF basketball to get me excited about next season. Am I wrong or just uninformed? It is frustrating that a school of 60,000 students cannot come up with elite athletes to compete with Cinci, Houston, Wichita, etc. on a year to year basis. I'm tired of waiting. :(
We came in 6th with arguably our 3 best players hurt for a large portion. Granted we haven’t seen Dawkins play in a UCF uniform but I think he could be a great 2. Our only true PG was hurt game 1. Then Tacko, the tallest basketball player in world right now gets hurt the last month or so of season. If we had all 3 we definitely are top 3 in conference and possibly playing for AAC Championship. Add in a 6-10 transfer that sat out this year and only losing Davis I don’t know how anything other than injuries will keep us out next year. Still have 1 more scholarship to give out for next year too.

Until they stop being in the 300s for ft shooting they can't be a real contender. The style of play is defensive minded, so already they are not playing to score a lot. Tacko is not going to help the FT situation.

Until they stop being in the 300s for ft shooting they can't be a real contender. The style of play is defensive minded, so already they are not playing to score a lot. Tacko is not going to help the FT situation.
Didn’t your girls team get bounced from tourney already? Your boys team is even worse. Gtfoh.

Mike Hughes!

I feel like we've not been good at FTs since the early 2000s. Maybe it's some weird curse since it seems to happen regardless of coach. Not sure if some stat geek can look up if we've been consistently bad in that area?

I feel like we've not been good at FTs since the early 2000s. Maybe it's some weird curse since it seems to happen regardless of coach. Not sure if some stat geek can look up if we've been consistently bad in that area?
2008-2009 was the last season we shot better than 70%. That year we shot 75%. Here are our rankings in the NCAA since that time.

2017-2018 343
2016-2017 301
2015-2016 221
2014-2015 328
2013-2014 349
2012-2013 308
2011-2012 324
2010-2011 174
2009-2010 201
2008-2009 24

Does anyone else feel like we wait to deep into the shot clock to get off a good shot? It seems like the good teams get off better shots earlier in the shot clock. The defense really clamps down when there are only 10 seconds left.

Does anyone else feel like we wait to deep into the shot clock to get off a good shot? It seems like the good teams get off better shots earlier in the shot clock. The defense really clamps down when there are only 10 seconds left.
The first 3/4 of season it seemed like they were told to wait until 10 seconds left. Not as bad towards end but still had shot clock violations. I don’t like that tactic either. Playing defense by using up shot clock and then taking a forced shot or time running out is dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT