ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Bourdain killed himself

It’s cool, he was part of the #Resist! Campaign. Joking about a wish for the President to die a horrid death is just par for the course.
dont forget the part about leaving behind a young child to live the rest of their lives wondering if there was something they missed or something they couldve done differently.

Yeah, I can't imagine what his little daughter is going thru.

Sadly, most that commit suicide thinks it's about them...but the PAIN they inflict on family members for decades to come is way worse.

His Mom said "everything was fine" but his friend who was with him partying in Paris said AB was in a very dark place the last few days. (No clue if Paris authorities will do an autopsy to find out if he he had drugs in his system. He was a recovered heroine addict).

Sadly, most that commit suicide thinks it's about them...but the PAIN they inflict on family members for decades to come is way worse.

His Mom said "everything was fine" but his friend who was with him partying in Paris said AB was in a very dark place the last few days. (No clue if Paris authorities will do an autopsy to find out if he he had drugs in his system. He was a recovered heroine addict).
...and here come our resident psychologists to save the day.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

...and here come our resident psychologists to save the day.

Well, I'm not technically a "real" educated psychologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Some people just don't want to walk on this earth anymore. It's not money, fame, experiences, family to live for... it's still not enough. Mind boggling. It has to be the wiring of their brain. Sad for everyone.
especially when you are responsible for an 11 year old little girl

Have you actually queried those that committed suicide to see if it was actually about them, or are you just guessing? Oh wait, you can't. They're dead.

Have you actually queried those that committed suicide to see if it was actually about them, or are you just guessing? Oh wait, you can't. They're dead.

You're new around here. For some amazingly intelligent posters here in the Cooler, people who commit suicide are selfish assholes who only think of themselves. It's only about them and fukc mental health--those people are just mental midgets who need to suck it up and grow up.

You're new around here. For some amazingly intelligent posters here in the Cooler, people who commit suicide are selfish assholes who only think of themselves. It's only about them and fukc mental health--those people are just mental midgets who need to suck it up and grow up.
its possible to feel bad for the victim for the suffering/depression they were under but hate the perpetrator of the action because of the pain it caused to the friends and family.

i mean its not like one of my family members committed suicide so id have no idea what im talking about. oh wait, that happened to my family.

its possible to feel bad for the victim for the suffering/depression they were under but hate the perpetrator of the action because of the pain it caused to the friends and family.

i mean its not like one of my family members committed suicide so id have no idea what im talking about. oh wait, that happened to my family.

I feel bad that it happened to you and your family. But you've said some absolutely inane things regarding this matter multiple times in here.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

This. I had an uncle kill himself after suffering from lupus for several years. It was terrible for the entire family.

I feel bad that it happened to you and your family. But you've said some absolutely inane things regarding this matter multiple times in here.
my wifes uncle killed himself. her grandparents were already in poor health. her grandfather almost died because of the shock. the grandfather was hospitalized for a week. the grandmother suffered as well. it caused massive problems between her mother and her other uncle. they dont really talk anymore. and it caused problems between her mother and her father.

so excuse me if i have a problem with people selfishly taking their own lives without regard for the immense pain and suffering it causes the their friends and family.

but hey im just an asshole thats said some mean things regarding suicide huh joe?

Reactions: Knight_Light
my wifes uncle killed himself. her grandparents were already in poor health. her grandfather almost died because of the shock. the grandfather was hospitalized for a week. the grandmother suffered as well. it caused massive problems between her mother and her other uncle. they dont really talk anymore. and it caused problems between her mother and her father.

so excuse me if i have a problem with people selfishly taking their own lives without regard for the immense pain and suffering it causes the their friends and family.

but hey im just an asshole thats said some mean things regarding suicide huh joe?

Case in point.

I'm probably the only person who did not like his show. Waaaaay too smug and know-it-all for my tastes. Don't get me wrong .... it's sad when anyone kills himself. But I will not miss his chitty show. His suicide helps to confirm my belief that those that act superior really don't know chit.

I'm probably the only person who did not like his show. Waaaaay too smug and know-it-all for my tastes. Don't get me wrong .... it's sad when anyone kills himself. But I will not miss his chitty show. His suicide helps to confirm my belief that those that act superior really don't know chit.

You're not the only one. I made it through part of one of his shows and thought exactly the same thing.

i hope you dont have to suffer through the pain of a family member taking their own life and the life time question of what could i have done differently.

I have experienced loss via suicide. Sorry, but the asinine sentiment of "people selfishly taking their own lives without regard" didn't/doesn't enter my mind.

Shocker, the guy who can't pass middle school science and the guy who acts like he is in middle school don't like one of the best travel shows ever made.

How big of a moron do you have to be in order to blame the dead person for "selfishly taking their own lives without regard for the immense pain and suffering it causes the their friends and family?"

Obviously, Wayne, the event didn't have a significant enough effect on you to make you NOT a moron. If you are unwilling to understand how the mind works in these circumstances, then you don't understand enough to comment on it.

Shocker, the guy who can't pass middle school science and the guy who acts like he is in middle school don't like one of the best travel shows ever made.

"Smug"

The word philistines use to describe things they don't understand. Honey Boo-boo is awesome. Bourdain is "smug."

How big of a moron do you have to be in order to blame the dead person for "selfishly taking their own lives without regard for the immense pain and suffering it causes the their friends and family?"

Obviously, Wayne, the event didn't have a significant enough effect on you to make you NOT a moron. If you are unwilling to understand how the mind works in these circumstances, then you don't understand enough to comment on it.

Suicide: the individual act of ending ones life.

Who would you like to blame again?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Suicide: the individual act of ending ones life.

Who would you like to blame again?
Where the hell did we find this idiot?

No shit, Copernicus. You eliminated an entire quote from your brilliant analysis.

i view it as 2 people involved in the suicide. the victim whom i free remorse for and the perpetrator who caused the pain and suffering. i feel more anger at the person that chose to take the life than i am remorseful for the one that i lost.

if you and others choose to overlook the perpetrator that is fine, but i wont. go watch some more episodes of your hero while his 11 year old daughter has to struggle the rest of her life without her father. especially those incredible formative teenage years...

i view it as 2 people involved in the suicide. the victim whom i free remorse for and the perpetrator who caused the pain and suffering. i feel more anger at the person that chose to take the life than i am remorseful for the one that i lost.

if you and others choose to overlook the perpetrator that is fine, but i wont. go watch some more episodes of your hero while his 11 year old daughter has to struggle the rest of her life without her father. especially those incredible formative teenage years...

Listening to you explain suicide is like taking a time machine back to the 19th century.

Perhaps his substance abuse problems made him a poor father and that was part of his pain that led him to end his life. When you're contemplating suicide I'm sure your brain just isn't working right. I'd argue that a person needs to learn the signs that their mind is playing tricks on them and just hold on. For me it's anxiety. I've learned that my brain is playing tricks on me and I need to ride it out. I don't get angry at the person for being selfish. It's like being mad at someone for having cancer.

But if they had learned to ride it out. They'd wake up and realize how other people need them. What would we say for the person with no close ties? Go for it?

I actually like Rick Steves' travel show on PBS. I love going to Europe (especially Italy). Steves does a fantastic job without the "I'm so much smarter than everyone" attitude of Bourdian. Spent 3 weeks in Israel in January. Great experience. Watched Steves' video before I went which really helped.

Oh ... to get back to my middle school persona: I also like watching videos of your mom.

Go tell your wife and her family that you can't believe how big of an asshole her uncle was, choosing to take his life like that. What a selfish goon.

Congrats, Wayne. You're moving up the idiot leaderboard at a rapid pace.

Go tell your wife and her family that you can't believe how big of an asshole her uncle was, choosing to take his life like that. What a selfish goon.

Go tell the families that have lost loved ones to suicide that they should get over it. My gosh you're an asshat.

i have told them how i feel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-Clinton-Weinstein-one-final-interviews.html

37189715_1770647626389848_4442438326707814400_o.jpg

Glorious

Specifically on Weinstein, Bourdain said while he would have liked to see the producer 'beaten to death in his cell', he had imagined something much different.

'My theory of how he goes is he's brushing his teeth in a bathroom, he's naked in his famous bathrobe, which is flapping open, he's holding his cell phone in one hand because you never know who on the Weinstein board has betrayed him recently, and he's brushing his teeth,' Bourdain said.

'He suddenly gets a massive f**king stroke - he stumbles backwards into the bathtub, where he finds himself with his robe open feet sticking out of the tub, and in his last moments of consciousness as he scrolls through his contacts list trying to figure out who he can call, who will actually answer the phone.'

The interview also covered current politics in the Trump-era with Bourdain saying he would be filling to compromise his principles in exchange for some 'f**king competency' and for someone who has an understanding of how government works.

'It's like, that's okay, cause Jared will brief me later. Does Jared tweeze his eyebrows? They look manscaped. Those are not natural eyebrows. It's like Howdy Doody time,' Bourdain said.

'Can you see eight guys standing around, and Jared's out of the room? And they're all co-conspirators, they're all saying, 'ey don't worry bout Jared, he's f**kin' solid, the guy will stand up, he ain't gonna say nothin'.

'No one has ever said that! That f**kin little punk is gonna squeal, just show him a tray of jail food, the guy will f**kin shit himself. That kid was a born snitch.'

So, am I supposed to be impressed that a guy who killed himself and abandoned his child is negatively ranting and to this reporter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT