ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Bourdain: Suicide at 61

chemmie

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2004
He was found hung in his Paris hotel by his friend Eric Ripert.

This sucks. I knew he had a long history with drug and alcohol abuse, and I never would've been surprised to hear he struggled with depression too. But this still is a shock, and I loved his shows and personality. He'll be missed. RIP

1024px-National_Rifle_Association.png

I have thousands of things to say about this...

Bourdain's shows revolve around a simple philosophy that biases, racism, and political differences, can be better understood and conquered by simply opening your mind through travel, food, and discussion. He is correct.
He has been a hero of mine for a while now. The world needs more people to spread the message the way he has. We are all human beings, and we all want the same things no matter what the people in political power want us to think about each other.

To me, his writing and way if telling stories is what I'll remember most. That, and his abrasive and hilarious personality.

“If I'm an advocate for anything, it's to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. The extent to which you can walk in someone else's shoes or at least eat their food, it's a plus for everybody.”

-Anthony Bourdain

Bourdain's shows revolve around a simple philosophy that biases, racism, and political differences, can be better understood and conquered by simply opening your mind through travel, food, and discussion. He is correct.
He has been a hero of mine for a while now. The world needs more people to spread the message the way he has. We are all human beings, and we all want the same things no matter what the people in political power want us to think about each other.
i wish you would take this tone more often while making posts here

Reactions: crambone

Its really hard when this placed is filled with fuking morons like yourself constantly making posts like this one, and your similar one in the spade thread:

im sorry for his friends and family

On topic, this is just terrible, he was an incredible person that represented the best humanity had to offer, and lived a life most of us could only dream of.

This board is full of some of the most closed-minded morons on our planet, who are the antithesis of Bourdain's philosophy. These people are undeserving of respect, as they have shown their true colors many times over.

This board is full of some of the most closed-minded morons on our planet, who are the antithesis of Bourdain's philosophy. These people are undeserving of respect, as they have shown their true colors many times over.
glad you were able to hold yourself up to your own words only an hour later.*

I posted in the Teenage job thread that the younger generation values experiences more than material possessions. Bourdain and his shows going back to the Travel Channel exemplified that more than anyone. He influenced so many to want to travel more and open their mind.

Reactions: CommuterBob
"The world is made up of *people*."

Perfect.
His episode in Iran exemplifies this perfectly. American politicians have sanctioned their country into oblivion, with more thanks to their own politicians. Yet, the people were incredible and welcoming to an American journalist. It is likely the most eye-opening episode he ever did. There is no reason for 99.9% of Americans to have any hatred to 99.9% of Iranians, but our governments try to convince us otherwise.

"The world is made up of *people*."

Perfect.
His episode in Iran exemplifies this perfectly. American politicians have sanctioned their country into oblivion, with more thanks to their own politicians. Yet, the people were incredible and welcoming to an American journalist. It is likely the most eye-opening episode he ever did. There is no reason for 99.9% of Americans to have any hatred to 99.9% of Iranians, but our governments try to convince us otherwise.

Such a bigot. 99.9% of americans dont hate 99.9% of Iranians. 99.9% of americans are averse to the .1% of Iranians who want us annihilated.

Let me guess, you're part of the .1% on the right side of your dream world and everybody else is a moron. Guaranteed you dont even know the history of why Iran went from ally to enemy.

Such a bigot. 99.9% of americans dont hate 99.9% of Iranians. 99.9% of americans are averse to the .1% of Iranians who want us annihilated.

Let me guess, you're part of the .1% on the right side of your dream world and everybody else is a moron. Guaranteed you dont even know the history of why Iran went from ally to enemy.
You're a moron.

"He has been a hero of mine for a while now. The world needs more people to spread the message the way he has. We are all human beings, and we all want the same things no matter what the people in political power want us to think about each other."

How often did he call people morons? Fvcking hypocrite.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Even though he was a left wing liberal democrat, I do appreciate people that speak their mind. He wasn't afraid to call out the idiots on his side of the political spectrum.

Even though he was a left wing liberal democrat, I do appreciate people that speak their mind. He wasn't afraid to call out the idiots on his side of the political spectrum.

He wasn't afraid speaking out in a TV/entertainment industry where 95% of them share his same views?

I have no problem with spouting his liberal views but what was ever "brave" about it?

Reactions: UCFWayne
"Even more despised than the Brunch People are the vegetarians. Serious cooks regard these members of the dining public—and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans—as enemies of everything that’s good and decent in the human spirit. To live life without veal or chicken stock, fish cheeks, sausages, cheese, or organ meats is treasonous"

We didn't deserve Bourdain.

Reactions: btbones
Bourdain's shows revolve around a simple philosophy that biases, racism, and political differences, can be better understood and conquered by simply opening your mind through travel, food, and discussion.
Beautifully put! [thumb2]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT