ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-LGBT Executive Order Looks to be Next

I don't know if you're trolling or being serious...

If a person says "no I cannot in alignment with my faith issue a marriage certificate to a gay" you cannot disqualify them from the job based on their religious beliefs, as per the Civil Rights Act of 1964

If a person says "no I cannot in alignment with my faith issue a marriage certificate to a gay" you cannot disqualify them from the job based on their religious beliefs, as per the Civil Rights Act of 1964

I'm not sure you understand the law then. It's been said over and over again in this thread though so I won't repeat what's already been said.

I'm not sure you understand the law then. It's been said over and over again in this thread though so I won't repeat what's already been said.

To what "law" are you referring? Are you proposing that the act does not include religion?

Saying homosexuality is a sin according to your own personal religious or ethical viewpoint is hatespeech, violence and completely unacceptable to the LGBTLMNOP community.
BUT...

throwing the gays off buildings or burning the gays alive makes you a beautiful culture and peaceful religion in which the gays are quick to embrace.

I'm confused... So is a good liberal someone, who supports throwing Gays off buildings?
I really wouldn't care. [cheers]

Saying homosexuality is a sin according to your own personal religious or ethical viewpoint is hatespeech, violence and completely unacceptable to the LGBTLMNOP community.
BUT...

throwing the gays off buildings or burning the gays alive makes you a beautiful culture and peaceful religion in which the gays are quick to embrace.

I'm confused... So is a good liberal someone, who supports throwing Gays off buildings?
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Pretty foolish if you ask me but that is exactly what they view it as.

BUT...

There are extremists in every religion. There are Christian missionaries in Africa who teach being gay is horrible and that they should be stoned and killed. Just because some extremists does it somewhere doesn't mean the whole religion is evil.

There are extremists in every religion. There are Christian missionaries in Africa who teach being gay is horrible and that they should be stoned and killed. Just because some extremists does it somewhere doesn't mean the whole religion is evil.
except the killing of gay people isnt an extreme view for muslims. there have been multiple polls from "moderate" muslims through out europe that say its ok. you should really look into it more.

Trump continued it. I can understand the decision to do so in order to build some political clout that undermines the media. But let's be real. They don't want protection. They want to openly do whatever they want with their perversion, and the rest of us better shut up about it. I remember from my childhood something about sticks and stones. But that can't be right, because we are told these days by SJW snowflakes that words are actually more hurtful than literal sticks and stones.
Muslims don't talk about going to gay pride parades unless they bring a machete so they can behead them.

except the killing of gay people isnt an extreme view for muslims. there have been multiple polls from "moderate" muslims through out europe that say its ok. you should really look into it more.

Idealism blinds perception from reality.

Ok, sure.

But at present, only one religion has a worldwide problem with its' members acting like medieval murderers.

Reactions: USFSucks
What's not what?

Are you saying that preventing someone of a particular faith from being a federal employee and exercising their religion in the course of such job is in fact not discrimination?

Do you feel that muslims should be prevented from praying during working hours if they have a government job?

I don't care what your faith is, you pray on your time, not the taxpayers time. Gov't employees get plenty of break time.

No one has the right to any job. Discrimination always happens in the hiring process. You simply can not be overt in the process. The simple act of having to pick on person over another is discrimination.

No one has the right to any job. Discrimination always happens in the hiring process. You simply can not be overt in the process. The simple act of having to pick on person over another is discrimination.
Im for bosses cracking down on the muslims praying. The muslims are there to work and the bosses shouldn't have to pay them if they arn't doing the job.

I don't care what your faith is, you pray on your time, not the taxpayers time. Gov't employees get plenty of break time.

Where is the line drawn between your time and paid time? When precisely may breaks to pray occur and when may they not occur? Are you proposing a mandated schedule for prayer breaks? Who will determine this schedule?

No one has the right to any job.

Correct. A person has the right to be considered equally for a position regardless of discriminatory factors as defined within the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Discrimination always happens in the hiring process.

Stop essentializing. That's fallacious

You simply can not be overt in the process.

Define 'overt'. You cannot because it is ambiguous

The simple act of having to pick on person over another is discrimination.

Not by definition of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Im for bosses cracking down on the muslims praying. The muslims are there to work and the bosses shouldn't have to pay them if they arn't doing the job.

That's discrimination

Also, apparently you are lacking a thorough understanding of employment law. Recommend you perform research and understand the mandates of both exempt and non exempt employment statuses, including employer / employee duties within the confines of each

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT