ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-Truthers

They're (the faux raging left) not anti truth, they just make everything political. It's like trying to make sense of them always bashing Christianity because REGLIGION!!! but always defending Islam.

What, you are telling me religious people don't react well to facts?!

This is my shocked face

:|

Reactions: UCFRogerz
Probably for the same reason that if I put up a billboard that said, "Priests rape boys", people would get upset. Accurate....but I'm sure it rubs people the wrong way.

Actually it's not accurate. Your bias and hatred is showing.

You presented your statement as a fact about all priests. Not merely about some, which we know was the truth.

You are trying to degrade an entire world wide order of priests. The billboard is addressing one single man.

Again, I think your bigotry is shadowing here.

Reactions: fabknight
They're (the faux raging left) not anti truth, they just make everything political. It's like trying to make sense of them always bashing Christianity because REGLIGION!!! but always defending Islam.

Bob, I'm not bashing Christianity. But real question, do you think this sign actually helps anything?

Let's be real. I'm not defending Islam, but if a Muslim put up a billboard saying Jesus was boy molesting rapist, a lot of people would lose their shit.

Nothing good comes out of this.

Bob, I'm not bashing Christianity. But real question, do you think this sign actually helps anything?

Let's be real. I'm not defending Islam, but if a Muslim put up a billboard saying Jesus was boy molesting rapist, a lot of people would lose their shit.

Nothing good comes out of this.

Terrible analogy, as there is no evidence of Jesus being a boy molesting rapist, unlike with Mohammed.

Now if you put up a billboard saying that you will go to hell if eat shrimp, that would be more accurate.

Terrible analogy, as there is no evidence of Jesus being a boy molesting rapist, unlike with Mohammed.

Now if you put up a billboard saying that you will go to hell if eat shrimp, that would be more accurate.

I know nothing historically about Muhammad. I'm not a Muslim. But whenever I've heard him referred to as a boy molesting rapist, it's always come from someone with a political agenda in an attempt to besmirch the religion. As it stands right now I'm not inclined to believe he's a rapist anymore than I'm inclined to believe Noah put every single species of animal on an ark or that Jesus walked on water. I believe both Jesus and Muhammad existed. I believe this because there are so many stories about both of them. But at the same time I'm skeptical of anything the Bible, Quran or anyone with a single religious background says about them because it will come with an agenda.

If someone can produce something from an UNBIASED university funded religious scholar who attempted to study Muhammad that argues he's had sexual relations with young boys I will read it. I won't be surprised. The ancient Greeks did. He probably had slaves and multiple wives too, after all it was the ancient Middle East.

I know nothing historically about Muhammad. I'm not a Muslim. But whenever I've heard him referred to as a boy molesting rapist, it's always come from someone with a political agenda in an attempt to besmirch the religion. As it stands right now I'm not inclined to believe he's a rapist anymore than I'm inclined to believe Noah put every single species of animal on an ark or that Jesus walked on water. I believe both Jesus and Muhammad existed. I believe this because there are so many stories about both of them. But at the same time I'm skeptical of anything the Bible, Quran or anyone with a single religious background says about them because it will come with an agenda.

If someone can produce something from an UNBIASED university funded religious scholar who attempted to study Muhammad that argues he's had sexual relations with young boys I will read it. I won't be surprised. The ancient Greeks did. He probably had slaves and multiple wives too, after all it was the ancient Middle East.
would you be willing to accept the quran as an acceptable source?

would you be willing to accept the quran as an acceptable source?

No. Because I know the Quran is written completely in Arabic and I know that things do not translate perfectly from Arabic to English. I know there are Muslims that can't even read it because they don't speak Arabic but worship it. I have no way of knowing if what is translated to English is genuine, translates well, or has been altered.

Furthermore, things like time and age do not hold up from religious texts. I've actually had a discussion about this with a priest who told me not to focus on the notion of the Earth being created in 7 days as we currently define a day equaling 24 hours. Thats completely putting aside the idea that the Earth is millions of years old from the start.

Jesus said I'd go to hell if I eat shrimp? Please enlighten me.

No. Because I know the Quran is written completely in Arabic and I know that things do not translate perfectly from Arabic to English. I know there are Muslims that can't even read it because they don't speak Arabic but worship it. I have no way of knowing if what is translated to English is genuine, translates well, or has been altered.

Furthermore, things like time and age do not hold up from religious texts. I've actually had a discussion about this with a priest who told me not to focus on the notion of the Earth being created in 7 days as we currently define a day equaling 24 hours. Thats completely putting aside the idea that the Earth is millions of years old from the start.
yea im pretty sure the translations are correct. weve had thousands of years to make sure that its correct. but dont take the scripture at its word.

Probably for the same reason that if I put up a billboard that said, "Priests rape boys", people would get upset. Accurate....but I'm sure it rubs people the wrong way.

It mainly is the priest who rubbed people the wrong way. I was raised catholic, I have no problems with the church getting dragged thru the mud. bottom line that is where it was.

Jesus said I'd go to hell if I eat shrimp? Please enlighten me.

No, it's in the old testament, right after the part that the gays are going to hell. You guys wouldn't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe in, would you?

No, it's in the old testament, right after the part that the gays are going to hell. You guys wouldn't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you believe in, would you?

For Christians, the New Testament supersedes the Old Testament.

The New Testament in Mark 7:18-19 changes it...“Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them?19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

For Christians, the New Testament supersedes the Old Testament.

The New Testament in Mark 7:18-19 changes it...“Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them?19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”
That fixes your gay and shrimp rules from the Old Testament. Such succinct writing.

How does it fix the gay rules?
It was meant to be a joke.

It was meant to be a joke.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure, after all, it is the Cooler.

Reactions: Great2BAKnight2
Actually it's not accurate. Your bias and hatred is showing.

You presented your statement as a fact about all priests. Not merely about some, which we know was the truth.

You are trying to degrade an entire world wide order of priests. The billboard is addressing one single man.

Again, I think your bigotry is shadowing here.

Once again, this board sucks now.

I don't believe that statement, I am just saying, someone could write that on a billboard and it still be factually correct. Although it you can take from it the billboard meant ALL priests, the word priests, can actually mean any given two or more priests.

I have NO bias towards Christians or Priests and I most definitely don't have any hatred. Calm your tits 85.

Once again, this board sucks now.

I don't believe that statement, I am just saying, someone could write that on a billboard and it still be factually correct. Although it you can take from it the billboard meant ALL priests, the word priests, can actually mean any given two or more priests.

I have NO bias towards Christians or Priests and I most definitely don't have any hatred. Calm your tits 85.

681564.gif

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT