ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance the new staff will coach the bowl game?

PNWKnight

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 22, 2015
I know they don't have much time but it would be awesome if they did. It would cut down all the SF and NU talk. It would probably put is in a disadvantage but I am so sick of NU and their facking AD.

The talk would be more focused on us and our new coach. It will help with our recruiting instead of recruiting for that other school.

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
put snelson, trequan, otis, akins, and killins in a 5 wide and have them run go routes and KZ can let them go get it.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
Let them have their commercial, what do we care. It's not like Nebraska is on our schedule or in our conference. Winning does just as much for UCF As it does for Nebraska. And losing hurts them WAY worse.

We'e getting a mulligan since we lost our whole staff.

Let them have their commercial, what do we care. It's not like Nebraska is on our schedule or in our conference. Winning does just as much for UCF As it does for Nebraska. And losing hurts them WAY worse.

We'e getting a mulligan since we lost our whole staff.
giphy.gif

Their stuff should be on the lawn by now. they chose the corn, no one made them.

Reactions: UCFEMUP
goodness.......

Football 101: you install and offense & D all summer and fall. Do you really think it's a good idea to start over before the bowl game?

Like it matters on our defense? Defense needs to tighten up or Auburn will have a record setting day on the ground and in the air.

We're getting a mulligan since we lost our whole staff.
Put the new staff in the booths with headsets... They can be talking about Disney World for all I care...That'll offset any NU reference. Victory in part by the SEC insight.

Perception is reality.

I want Whatshisname and Fisher the hell away from UCF. BUT, thinking about it, the 3 hour add for Nebraska to recruits would be--- "Would you like to be playing this offense 2 or 3 years from now if/when you finally get in rotation and it finally starts to work in the fields of nowhere? OR, would you like to join it when it working NOW!

I want Whatshisname and Fisher the hell away from UCF. BUT, thinking about it, the 3 hour add for Nebraska to recruits would be--- "Would you like to be playing this offense 2 or 3 years from now if/when you finally get in rotation and it finally starts to work in the fields of nowhere? OR, would you like to join it when it working NOW!
Dilly dilly!

it would be pretty hard. Walters would need to stay, and call the offense. Shannon has been around long enough to figure out def and call it.
Position coaches could probably do it, The biggest plus is they would have what amounts to an extra spring practice.

No. Coach Frost and the rest of the staff are coaching the bowl game.

And since Frost and the staff are currently employed by Nebraska they are footing the bill. Which in by itself is saving your athletic department millions.

If Frost doesn’t coach you will pretty much have to forfeit as you will have no staff to run the ship.

Heupel who I think was a solid hire would have no time to install a new offense and defense.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
No. Coach Frost and the rest of the staff are coaching the bowl game.

And since Frost and the staff are currently employed by Nebraska they are footing the bill. Which in by itself is saving your athletic department millions.

If Frost doesn’t coach you will pretty much have to forfeit as you will have no staff to run the ship.

Heupel who I think was a solid hire would have no time to install a new offense and defense.

Well don't have a staff anyway. We are just paying a bunch of slime bags to take our recruits and showcase N.

I get it. Just trying to avoid the facking NU/SF commercial.
Don't take the bait that the NU AD laid for the media. Complete spin. I'm sure he absolutely hates the idea of his staff being distracted.

If anything, UCF should warmly accept the coaching staff (most of them) and leverage the positives, and use as a scape goat if anything goes wrong. UCF is in the better position in this arrangement.

Last edited:
Don't take the bait that the NU AD laid for the media. Complete spin. I'm sure he absolutely hates the idea of his staff being distracted.

If anything, UCF should warmly accept the coaching staff (most of then) and leverage the positives, and use as a scape goat if anything goes wrong. UCF is in the better position in this arrangement.

I think it benefits both parties. Allows Frost and his staff to be down in Florida recruiting. There will be a lot of Nebraska references which will help our exposure especially since we didn’t make the bowl game.

It also is good exposure for UCF as I’m sure they could bring Josh Heupel into the booth at halftime or something. It shows what college football is about. It gives UCF an opportunity to have a chance to win there bowl game. These are two problems helping each other out.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever

If anything, UCF should warmly accept the coaching staff (most of then) and leverage the positives, and use as a scape goat if anything goes wrong. UCF is in the better position in this arrangement.
^^^^^^^^^THIS

^^^^^^^^^THIS

Yep. I said something similar earlier too. Moos hates this. It's reverse psychology to get his guys out. Right now, Frost is a genius. If he coaches and wins, you don't gain much. If he coaches and loses badly, he'll get almost all the blame and risk looking like a fraud.

Nebraska doesn't need a commercial. They may have been largely irrelevant for 16 years, but everyone knows who they are.

UCF is looking a gift horse right in the mouth. Accept it. Its for your good and for your school. SF loves you guys and needs your support as well as the players. Husker fans want you guys to win over a SEC team (who eats their young.)

Frost and his staff give us the best chance to win. That’s all that matters

How will the old staff coach the game when they won't coach practice?

UCF is looking a gift horse right in the mouth. Accept it. Its for your good and for your school. SF loves you guys and needs your support as well as the players. Husker fans want you guys to win over a SEC team (who eats their young.)
why are you still here?

We have staff, have the players give them their play books and lets play the game. but we do not need frost coaching this game. He left. He doesnt care. He is playing a very good game of self protection because you weirdos want him to come off as nice more than anything else.

We are not unique. These same questions and issues are going on at: Oregon, FSU, Miss St, UCLA, etc.... The thing to do is really look at how each of these handle their situation, including ourselves, and see what the bowl results look like after-the-fact. Then assess the decisions each school made based on thier situation. As an AD, that's what I'd have my staff looking at.

Reactions: BG_Knightmare

Exactly, I'm sure Moos has been getting incessant calls and emails complaining about Frost being behind in recruiting (and early signing period) because he's not fully committed to Nebraska.

This is just Moos putting a spin on the fact that Frost is choosing UCF over Nebraska through the final bowl game. Nebraska fans are flipping out over Frost's lack of a full commitment to Nebraska and recruiting. I want the best chance at a perfect season and right now, Frost's continuity gives us that.

We are not unique. These same questions and issues are going on at: Oregon, FSU, Miss St, UCLA, etc.... The thing to do is really look at how each of these handle their situation, including ourselves, and see what the bowl results look like after-the-fact. Then assess the decisions each school made based on thier situation. As an AD, that's what I'd have my staff looking at.
None of them are in a NY6 Bowl. It's different.

How will the old staff coach the game when they won't coach practice?
They will come back in a couple of weeks n be here for a couple of weeks. Time they would have spent recruiting for us will be spent recruiting for NEb.

They will come back in a couple of weeks n be here for a couple of weeks. Time they would have spent recruiting for us will be spent recruiting for NEb.
I don't mind 1 week of rest, but 2 weeks? Then they come out rusty. Bowl week is hardly any practices because of all the events they go to plus travel. So that's 3 weeks of just walk through or nothing.

you only have 14 practices, you don't even need whole staff for first few which will mostly be working younger players.
Ideally coaches prob need to be back around the 10th to 12th. Heupel already has said he will use practices as a chance to watch n evaluate players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT