ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody going to Motley Crue 'final' tour?

Boston.Knight2

Four-Star Recruit
Jun 6, 2015
THey are up here next Saturday. After watching some youtube vids of the tour, everyone except Tommy is a shell of their former selves. Vince is pathetic and made that star spangled banner rendition he did look awesome. Sad. Think I'll skip.

Shame I'll be out of town...

BTW, for all the shit I talk about Rush, Motley Crue is total f'n garbage. Makes Whitesnake (soft spot for Whitesnake saw them co headline w the Scorpions) look like Led Zeppelin.

Shame I'll be out of town...

BTW, for all the shit I talk about Rush, Motley Crue is total f'n garbage. Makes Whitesnake (soft spot for Whitesnake saw them co headline w the Scorpions) look like Led Zeppelin.

Today? Yes. Back in the 80's and 90's? No f*cking way.

Rush has great musicians but their vocals are done by an aging woman. Motley Crue doesn't try to be anything more than it is- a hair metal band dedicated to making fun music. And they did it maybe better than anyone.

I wouldn't pay money to see MC today but I'd shell out big money to go back in time and see them in the mid 80's.

However, I would never pay money to see Rush, no matter the era.

I saw Mötley Crüe in 1989 and they were incredible . Vocals were surprisingly solid on ballads back then .

That was probably the height of their career. They had just became sober then, they released Dr. Feelgood, and it was only beat out by GNR's Appetite for Destruction for best alum of the year.

Then the grunge assholes from Seattle effectively killed off hair metal in the early 90's.

That was probably the height of their career. They had just became sober then, they released Dr. Feelgood, and it was only beat out by GNR's Appetite for Destruction for best alum of the year.

Then the grunge assholes from Seattle effectively killed off hair metal in the early 90's.
Hair metal deserved to die. Coquetish men wearing makeup, tight leather pants and having longing flowing hair, but little sense of irony, was never meant to last. It was destroyed by it own hubris. The grunge movement was all about the music. Alas, that music was usually mediocre to middling (Sound garden and RadioHead being the most glaring exceptions).

Cinderalla's "Don't know what you got(till its gone)" could have been the anthem of 90's music. But it was probably something like Snow's "Informer."

Speaking of hair metal refusing to die. Didn't steel panther just do their final show? With Miley Hoe Cyrus joining on stage?

If you want a hair metal band at the peak of their game, go see Steel Panther. Other than those crappy 20+ Rush shows, the most fun I've ever had at a concert. And you get to see bewbies too, which isn't a bad thing.

Steel Panther NSFW

Hair metal deserved to die. Coquetish men wearing makeup, tight leather pants and having longing flowing hair, but little sense of irony, was never meant to last. It was destroyed by it own hubris. The grunge movement was all about the music. Alas, that music was usually mediocre to middling (Sound garden and RadioHead being the most glaring exceptions).

Cinderalla's "Don't know what you got(till its gone)" could have been the anthem of 90's music. But it was probably something like Snow's "Informer."

Hair Metal, at least, was really fun. And still is. It was not technically challenging, the outfits were ridiculous, there was excess, but it's music that can always be used for having a good time. Literally no one listens to Motely Crue and gets down.

Grunge, on the other hand, was ridiculously pessimistic and negative, to a comical degree. People thought they were changing the world by putting on flannel and listening to Kurt Cobain incoherently yell into a mic about how much life sucks and how it'd be better to die. It was pure shit. Nirvana is easily one of the worst bands to ever be called "good", much less "revolutionary".

It's a pity that Soundgarden and Alice in Chains got lumped into the same group as Nirvana, because they sound nothing like them and they were actually very good musicians who produced good music.

Hair Metal, at least, was really fun. And still is. It was not technically challenging, the outfits were ridiculous, there was excess, but it's music that can always be used for having a good time. Literally no one listens to Motely Crue and gets down.

Grunge, on the other hand, was ridiculously pessimistic and negative, to a comical degree. People thought they were changing the world by putting on flannel and listening to Kurt Cobain incoherently yell into a mic about how much life sucks and how it'd be better to die. It was pure shit. Nirvana is easily one of the worst bands to ever be called "good", much less "revolutionary".

It's a pity that Soundgarden and Alice in Chains got lumped into the same group as Nirvana, because they sound nothing like them and they were actually very good musicians who produced good music.

Alice in Chains was considered grunge? I loved Alice in Chains but never lumped them in the same category. I just thought of them as metal rock n roll.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Alice in Chains was considered grunge? I loved Alice in Chains but never lumped them in the same category. I just thought of them as metal rock n roll.

A lot of people lump them in even though they hated the term.

They were a form of metal in my book. Hell they toured with Antrhax, Megadeth, and Slayer in the 90's.

A lot of people lump them in even though they hated the term.

They were a form of metal in my book. Hell they toured with Antrhax, Megadeth, and Slayer in the 90's.
Every band that came from Seattle in the 90's was lumped into the Grunge category even though there was so much variety in their music. To be fair, "Man in a Box" could have been written by any of the big four out of Seattle (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains).

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Don't discount some of the hair metal musicians. There were some monster players that played a popular style at the time.
Hell they toured with Antrhax, Megadeth, and Slayer in the 90's.

I was at that show in Lakeland. Walked in the arena with Layne Staley screaming at people on the floor. It was funny. Btw, Slayer destroyed.

I was at the show in the arena when they were opening for Van Hagar. I actually liked Alice in Chains better. They were funny as hell because they all came out in nasty banana hammocks and started dancing around the stage while Van Hagar was in the middle of playing a song. The audience started booing them. I was laughing my ass off - I'm not sure if it was because of a contact high or because it was really that funny.

Meh no Nirvana no Foo GTFO. Nirvana was solid AF.

But whoever has the best Cookie Monster voice = quality TUFF GUY music

Meh no Nirvana no Foo GTFO. Nirvana was solid AF.

But whoever has the best Cookie Monster voice = quality TUFF GUY music

Nirvana was pure shit. Period. As bad as their albums were, Cobain sounded even more utterly shitty during live performances. I have no idea why anyone ever paid to go watch some severely depressed guy incoherently grumble for 2 hours while playing out of tune and missing notes everywhere.

I became an Oasis fan specifically because they wrote "Live Forever" as a direct retort to "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" by Nirvana and basically called them losers for writing such a shitty song with a shitty title.

Nirvana was pure shit. Period. As bad as their albums were, Cobain sounded even more utterly shitty during live performances. I have no idea why anyone ever paid to go watch some severely depressed guy incoherently grumble for 2 hours while playing out of tune and missing notes everywhere.

I became an Oasis fan specifically because they wrote "Live Forever" as a direct retort to "I Hate Myself and Want to Die" by Nirvana and basically called them losers for writing such a shitty song with a shitty title.

I never got into Oasis. Way too whiny for my taste.

I'm not sure what the big deal was with Nirvana either. I have all their albums. They are ok, but not superbstellar.

The only decent bands to come out of the 90's: Pantera, AIC, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters and Machine Head.

The only decent bands to come out of the 90's: Pantera, AIC, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters and Machine Head.

I was going to say that Cowboys from Hell was an 80's album but it came out in 1990.

Unbelievably, they started as a Glam band.

RadioHead and to a lesser degree Weezer and Beck.

90's were the prime years for R.E.M. and Tom Waits existed then so he is automatically in the top ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT