ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone been to the UK recently? Covid test options?

humanjerk

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2005
Oviedo
I'm heading over for the Jags game in a couple of weeks. I have my UK arrival +2 test booked but i'm not sure what to do with the requirement of a negative test 3 days or less prior to arrival back to the US. Do you just walk into any old covid testing place and get a test?

I was just there and yes it’s that easy. There are rapid antigen test locations everywhere to include Tower Bridge Station. Most of the main pharmacies do antigen testing as well and will issue you a Fit to Fly certificate.

If you want to do your Day 2 PCR test from your own room, I have a contact at Harley Street Doctors that will send you a test kit and arrange a courier to pick it up. It’s not cheap but very convenient.

London was basically entirely back to normal so enjoy.

Reactions: humanjerk
I was just there and yes it’s that easy. There are rapid antigen test locations everywhere to include Tower Bridge Station. Most of the main pharmacies do antigen testing as well and will issue you a Fit to Fly certificate.

If you want to do your Day 2 PCR test from your own room, I have a contact at Harley Street Doctors that will send you a test kit and arrange a courier to pick it up. It’s not cheap but very convenient.

Thanks, appreciate the offer. I scheduled it upon arrival at LHR. I have 3-4 hours to wait for a buddy to get there so I scheduled it in the terminal. The outbound test from the US is eliminated as of Oct 4 so that's one less thing to do.

How is it that easy there, but virtually impossible to get tested here?

Ive seen upwards of a week waiting time for a simple antigen test.

Thanks, appreciate the offer. I scheduled it upon arrival at LHR. I have 3-4 hours to wait for a buddy to get there so I scheduled it in the terminal. The outbound test from the US is eliminated as of Oct 4 so that's one less thing to do.

One really nice thing is that you can now use Apple Pay on your phone or any touch credit cards on the tube or any public transit. It really makes getting on and off quick.

Reactions: humanjerk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT