ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone get Obamacare fined?

mach3ucf

Golden Knight
Apr 24, 2003
I did not, but I saw this. and it made me laugh a bit..

11986432_1072374626135936_3768538784481143474_n.jpg

Reactions: UCFWayne
The IRS sent me a warning letter saying I had not filed my 8962 assisted/credit/whatever form with my 1095-A in my 2014 filing. The problem? I did not get any insurance from the Healthcare Marketplace! I did not need financial assistance!

So ... if you've been watching all this ...
  • The IRS screwed up in early 2015, sent out the wrong info to those getting 1095-As
    • Those who already filed 2014 were "waived" to have to file an amendment (virtually all in their own favor)
    • Those who had not would have to file an "amendment" once the IRS "fixed" them
  • They took yet another 7 months after the 2015-April -- yes, 2015-November -- to allegedly "straight it out"
    • This gave those who had to file this "amendment" only a month to catch it for their "credits"
    • The "follow-up" letters marked "final notice" went out 2015-December, including threats for those who received credits they didn't deserve
Well guess what?

I didn't get a 2015-November letter, but I got a 2015-December "final notice" ... for a 8962 for a 1095-A ... which I never got because I never used the Healthcare Marketplace!

From what I'm hearing, of the 800K+ people who actually did 1095-As, some 20K+ "others" -- like myself -- are caught up in some sort of IRS clusterf--- where they claim we got health insurance from healthcare.gov, but we didn't. We were employed or self-employed with our own insurance (that met or exceeded ACA minimums), and the IRS literally cannot figure things out.

And now they have all sorts of record issues, etc...

Again, avoided the "tech surge" for a reason! ;)

Naughty Naughty.:bomb: Now it is on your permanent record. :cry: The IRS will never let go of you now.:cop:

Naughty Naughty.:bomb: Now it is on your permanent record. :cry: The IRS will never let go of you now.:cop:
Yep, I've already involved my accountant and will probably be retaining counsel. Although I've heard I'm among the tens of thousands they've already, erroneous sent letters to.

Yep, I've already involved my accountant and will probably be retaining counsel. Although I've heard I'm among the tens of thousands they've already, erroneous sent letters to.

The IRS is never wrong. LOL U are on the bad boy list, not the erroneous list.

Reactions: UCFBS
The IRS is never wrong. LOL U are on the bad boy list, not the erroneous list.
Oh, I never said the IRS had an "erroneous list." ;)
They just sent out erroneous letters they will never consider erroneous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT