ADVERTISEMENT

Are you in the 98% of hate ?

Maybe give us some examples of different ideas on what the main pillar of Christianity is.

There is a lot of debate on non-essential doctrine but there isn't a Christian out there that disagrees on the foundation of the faith.
I think the issue is less about what Christians believe than how Christians behave.

The debate over "non-essential" doctrine lies at the heart of what being a Christian means in our World.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Maybe give us some examples of different ideas on what the main pillar of Christianity is.

All I have to do is Google search "what is the main pillar of Christianity" and I get tons of different answers.

I'm not denying that what 85 said is a part of Christianity but instead saying that people may have different answers for "what's the most important aspect of Christianity".

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I get it. I really do. But how many Catholics do you know who have gotten divorced? People haven’t ever perfectly followed our belief system.
^ One of the reasons I've stayed away from organized religion in general, lots of judgement and hypocrisy. I know where I am failing, and what I need to do to change it. I don't need people telling me when they themselves aren't living it.

At the same time, I also defend Christians, including Catholics (heavily so on charity-immigration), because many do live the life, and they are constantly demonized by "all Christians are responsible for the world's evils, they cannot be logical" and the blind, ignorant ''just let the government help people, they do it best" non-sense.

If I asked 100 Christians from various different denominations what the foundation of Christianity is - I guarantee you I'd have many different answers. Religion is something that is interpreted by man and thus will always have varying opinions.
So you think that you'll find 100 Christians who believe that life does not come from God and that Jesus Christ did not die for the sins of man?
You have to be kidding. Literally the basis of Christianity is the premise that Christ died for our sins. There is a lot of debate on non-essential doctrine but there isn't a Christian out there that disagrees on the foundation of the faith.
I think you guys are 'splitting hairs.'

It's like in the Gospel, when the Thief is on the cross next to Jesus.

Some people focus on the fact that the Thief -- a criminal -- is one of the few people who can recognize Jesus is probably the last person, of anyone there, who should be cruxified. Those people look at society, attitudes, judgement and many other things, and see the obviousness of the truth.

And some people focus on how Jesus could tell the Thief that he would be in Heaven with him, when he wasn't baptized -- let alone whether someone needs to be baptized or when 'sin' is applicable. E.g., original v. acquired.

Both are about Jesus dying among the sins of others, when he should have never had to, especially in comparison. But the importance of various things are heavily debated ... kinda like politics. Missing the original problem and focusing on a real solution, versus rhetoric, debate and overall politicking about something -- e.g., again, 'original sin' is a big one for some denominations.

That's kinda why I stay away from those who want to argue various 'angles.' Just like I don't get involved in the 'against my religion' debate -- which Hillary, Obama and all but 1 Democratic candidate said in 2008 -- when it comes to 'marriage equality.' Because not only does the Bible list various 'sexual issues' in the same phrases, but just what does it have to do with a recorded, legal union by the state?

Where is what people do in their bedrooms related to just the 'recording' contracts? And I'm so tired of the use of the 'bigotry' word, like against the phrase 'against my religion' when both Hillary and Obama used it just less than a dozen years ago. So most re-writing history to ignore Democratic candidate 'transgressions' in the US Media and Political Correctness.

I get it. I really do. But how many Catholics do you know who have gotten divorced? People haven’t ever perfectly followed our belief system.

So, what’s going on with you now? Are you not practicing these days?
Over the past two years I've slowly but surely turned into a C&E Catholic. It started with the wife going less and less and me going by myself. (Once the kids hit college, they tapered off.) I used to go to Confession weekly for years and never missed Mass or Holy Days of Obligation but I've strayed pretty hard from being a devout Catholic now.

The sad part is that I've become one of those people I used to feel sorry for and get angry at. Faith is a gift and I've severely neglected it.

How do evangelicals explain voting for Trump? He is as un-Christian in morals and values as they come.

Do you follow the Catholic doctrine to a tee? Is there anything in writing that states that abortion is worse than let's say being gay? or going against another commandment?

People pick and choose what they want to get out of religion - which is fine. I think you'll have a VERY hard time finding someone who practices any religion exactly how it's written. That's just not human nature.
Did you see the choices? As far as voting Christian is concerned, it's next to impossible.

You have to be kidding. Literally the basis of Christianity is the premise that Christ died for our sins. There is a lot of debate on non-essential doctrine but there isn't a Christian out there that disagrees on the foundation of the faith.

This. I was going to respond to this total nonsense post but I saw you already did it.

All you have to do to see how the issue of homosexuality is literally tearing apart churches to see how right bqknight is.

I’d say the bigger issue is that we have people like you masquerading as Christians who honestly declare that the Bible and thus God endorses abortion by approval of omission.

I’d say the bigger issue is that we have people like you masquerading as Christians who honestly declare that the Bible and thus God endorses abortion by approval of omission.
Wow. You really said this?

Evidently not all of us can be a Good Christian like you, huh?

Ummm ... a number of pastors have consistently argued that Churches shouldn't be defining civics and, more critically yet, it's meddling by Churches into politics that is causing the backlash against Churches and subsequent restrictions on them. The focus needs to be a separation, in both directions, not more influence and control in either direction.

Churches and faith should never define civics and personal freedoms, at the state level. The former is about people choosing, the latter is the common denominator for everyone. And the same vice-versa, the state should never define churches and their faith, especially now that people are using the state to harm churches and institutions, labeling them bigots and anti-civil rights, attempting to destroy them in the process.

The only way to solve this is to stay out of both.

85 - can you apologize for spreading fake news? or admit this graphic is not real?
Thanks.
I would have to say, in left-leaning Snopes terms, it's 'Unproven.'
But as even I agreed early on, it warrants a 'possibly false flag' type of label.

85 - can you apologize for spreading fake news? or admit this graphic is not real?

Thanks.

Sure it’s not real. I fell for it, just like you fell for the Smollett story.

Can you admit that your prior statement about Christians is utter nonsense?

Reactions: UCFBS
Sure it’s not real. I fell for it, just like you fell for the Smollett story.
Can you admit that your prior statement about Christians is utter nonsense?
^ Perfect example of the transparency and awareness of even one of the most pro-Conservative, pro-Trump voter, versus the typical Progressive who refuses to admit jack, and blindly supports the left and US Media logic.

I think you guys are 'splitting hairs.'

That's kinda why I stay away from those who want to argue various 'angles.' Just like I don't get involved in the 'against my religion' debate -- which Hillary, Obama and all but 1 Democratic candidate said in 2008 -- when it comes to 'marriage equality.' Because not only does the Bible list various 'sexual issues' in the same phrases, but just what does it have to do with a recorded, legal union by the state?

Where is what people do in their bedrooms related to just the 'recording' contracts? And I'm so tired of the use of the 'bigotry' word, like against the phrase 'against my religion' when both Hillary and Obama used it just less than a dozen years ago. So most re-writing history to ignore Democratic candidate 'transgressions' in the US Media and Political Correctness.

I am against legal Marriage period. The Government should have no say in my family choice, and I am saying that as a Christian who has been married for 43 years. I believe marriage is a spiritual Union, that has 0 to do with the government.

^ Perfect example of the transparency and awareness of even one of the most pro-Conservative, pro-Trump voter, versus the typical Progressive who refuses to admit jack, and blindly supports the left and US Media logic.
Can you blame them? Damn near every TV/cable news program and print media of any size confirms their bias. They see anyone right of center out here tilting at windmills with Fox News and evil talk radio and it’s easy to see why they figure that the right is not normal. Especially when that is reinforced by positions that rely on so much emotional appeal and politicians that turn everything into moral debates.

I am against legal Marriage period. The Government should have no say in my family choice, and I am saying that as a Christian who has been married for 43 years. I believe marriage is a spiritual Union, that has 0 to do with the government.

Wait. We all realize that marriage as it is today is a relatively new thing? Marriages weren’t about love and being connected until a couple hundred years ago - if that.

Can you blame them? Damn near every TV/cable news program and print media of any size confirms their bias. They see anyone right of center out here tilting at windmills with Fox News and evil talk radio and it’s easy to see why they figure that the right is not normal. Especially when that is reinforced by positions that rely on so much emotional appeal and politicians that turn everything into moral debates.

I’m really just amazed that a noted non-religious person on here can so easily declare that he’d find tons of actual Christians who think that Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins is NOT the foundation of Christianity. And that all life comes from God and is therefore sacred.

This is like me addressing a Muslim and telling him that a lot of Muslims surely aren’t too impressed with that Muhammad guy and go to Mosque for the nice rugs

I’m really just amazed that a noted non-religious person on here can so easily declare that he’d find tons of actual Christians who think that Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins is NOT the foundation of Christianity. And that all life comes from God and is therefore sacred.

This is like me addressing a Muslim and telling him that a lot of Muslims surely aren’t too impressed with that Muhammad guy and go to Mosque for the nice rugs

I’ve truly missed you taking people’s words and twisting them into whatever you please. You and Trump are two peas in a pod.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I’ve truly missed you taking people’s words and twisting them into whatever you please. You and Trump are two peas in a pod.

I asked you a question in response to your declarative statement and you refused to answer it. You can enter answer it or continue lecturing others about your own behavior

I asked you a question in response to your declarative statement and you refused to answer it. You can enter answer it or continue lecturing others about your own behavior

source.gif

Lol figured that’d be your response. Cute gif that everyone uses too

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT