ADVERTISEMENT

Aresco FINALLY speaks

Easy, trigger. A couple of good seasons and you're getting a little big for your britches. UCF is a few years removed from 0-12, 6-7.
Im curious if you wouldve said the same thing in 1984 when Miami beat Nebraska. I mean not that long before they won the title Miami thought about dropping their football program altogether.

Reactions: UCFBS
I'll do you one better....what's Aresco!
The Failed Goodell-bot Prototype

C2ZHk-FUkAA5_7N.jpg

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
The AAC had 3x the AP Top 10 finishes and Bowl wins over AP Top 10 teams in its first 5 years than the Big East did in its last 5. The AAC had more Top 25 teams over the same period as well.

Still doesn't remove the fact that UCF has accomplished more this decade than any team in Florida, except FSU. UF and Miami have accomplished far, far less, and are living on their past, not their present.

And in the AAC, sorry, but it's a huge difference. 4 out of 6 Championships, 3 outright, undefeated in-conference. That's Boise-like WAC history.

And that was just final BCS/CFP, not final AP!

Correct.

That said ...

UCF's TV ratings are way, way ahead of anyone else in the AAC, and have been since inception.

But how much does that bring in ... versus football? That's the problem.

If you click on the link I provided, you will realize how ignorant this statement is. UCFs TV ratings without playing a P5 or a school named Memphis, Cincy, or USF are around 300K-1.1M. Both Memphis games drew nearly 3million as did Cincy. Please check the link again. I've attached it, again. Furthermore, actually review this link and click on the 2017 season ratings. Investigate how the UCF games fared week to week relative to other AAC schools. The actual facts may surprise your misconception.

If you click on the link I provided,
Does the link provide all of the past 6 years?! Case-in-point ...

you will realize how ignorant this statement is. UCFs TV ratings without playing a P5 or a school named Memphis, Cincy, or USF are around 300K-1.1M.
You mean other games were on Thursdays? Or on ESPN2? Etc...?

Again, you're ignoring the 2017 and 2013 UCF TV ratings. Get over yourself, UCF is in a massive market, the largest one without a NFL team.

And I'm ignorant?

The AAC had 3x the AP Top 10 finishes and Bowl wins over AP Top 10 teams in its first 5 years than the Big East did in its last 5. The AAC had more Top 25 teams over the same period as well.

Still doesn't remove the fact that UCF has accomplished more this decade than any team in Florida, except FSU. UF and Miami have accomplished far, far less, and are living on their past, not their present.

And in the AAC, sorry, but it's a huge difference. 4 out of 6 Championships, 3 outright, undefeated in-conference. That's Boise-like WAC history.

And that was just final BCS/CFP, not final AP!

Correct.

That said ...

UCF's TV ratings are way, way ahead of anyone else in the AAC, and have been since inception.

But how much does that bring in ... versus football? That's the problem.

If AP polls are being used, add a Memphis #25 for the 2014-2015 season in which no AAC teams were ranked.

The revenue from basketball comprises 17% of the total revenue package ($28 million of the $170) for the American. This is the largest percentage of "Power 6" conferences by almost double when comparing what percent the basketball $ plays in the overall scheme. By comparison, basketball is in the single digits for the power 5.

Does the link provide all of the past 6 years?! Case-in-point ...

You mean other games were on Thursdays? Or on ESPN2? Etc...?

Again, you're ignoring the 2017 and 2013 UCF TV ratings. Get over yourself, UCF is in a massive market, the largest one without a NFL team.

And I'm ignorant?

Just because the UCF market is a large demographic, doesn't mean people are watching UCF football. Again, look at the ratings week to week for the last 2-3 years in the link I attached. All the huge ratings involve games with Auburn (New Years Day Bowl game), Memphis (3 times 2017-2018), USF (2017), Cincinnati (2018). If UCF were the sole reason for these huge ratings, how come their other games resemble other AAC teams (400k-1million)? Look at 2017 and the argument of how many people watch UCF games just doesn't hold up.

Wow, just look at what the old Big East teams squandered. Uconn, Cincy and usf retained nothing TV viewer-wise. Interesting to see UCF v Uconn is nearly twice as interesting than Uconn v Boise. Years and years of being Boise has gained them hardly anything. At least you can say one thing, the old BE teams have lost viewers while some of the old C-USA teams are gaining them.

Just because the UCF market is a large demographic, doesn't mean people are watching UCF football. Again, look at the ratings week to week for the last 2-3 years in the link I attached. All the huge ratings involve games with Auburn (New Years Day Bowl game), Memphis (3 times 2017-2018), USF (2017), Cincinnati (2018). If UCF were the sole reason for these huge ratings, how come their other games resemble other AAC teams (400k-1million)? Look at 2017 and the argument of how many people watch UCF games just doesn't hold up.
That narrative has changed quickly. Its called a marketing lag. The lag now is gone and UCF lives rent free in everyones mind including yours, which is proven by the hours you spend on our boards. Thanks for coming

That narrative has changed quickly. Its called a marketing lag. The lag now is gone and UCF lives rent free in everyones mind including yours, which is proven by the hours you spend on our boards. Thanks for coming
UCF in 2013 was already the Big XII media. Now it's good for #3 in the Big XII.

It's amazing how much people are stretching this non-sense. Other than Cincy, who does have good numbers (not as good as UCF's, but better than other AAC teams), they really don't pull in the same numbers for other games, like UCF does.

People tune in for interesting match ups. Just look at FSU. When they play Samford, the stadium is half full.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Ya know, if you disregard all of UCF’s games against good teams or P5 teams played on ABC or ESPN and only count the games they play against bad teams on ESPN 8 The Ocho, their ratings aren’t that good. Just do me a favor, don’t cross reference this against the comparative ratings of virtually any other school in America.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT