ADVERTISEMENT

Assange has been isolated, holed-up, prosecuted or incarcerated longer than Manning

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
'Liberals' at work ... with enough Conservatives supporting them ...

I just want to point out that Assange has been either isolated/holed-up avoiding arrest or other prosecution or even directly incarcerated, for LONGER, both prosecution and incarcaration, that Manning, who actually had an US Clearance and was the ACTUAL PERSON who leaked the information HE (at the time, now SHE) had cleared access to. This is everything this wrong with the US right now.

He didn't have any access to information, and to prosecute someone for Espinoage using the charge that he 'solicited classified information' has been abused, repeatedly, against Americans in recent years as well. This is exactly what the British did to American citizens, and why the 1st Amendment is explicitly written that the power of the press is the assembly of people using their individual right to free speech. The government is explicitly not allowed to define who a press is.

Please stop using the 'not a real journalist' argument. You're destroying the 1st Amendment. Take out your issues on Manning, or others for that matter, not Assange.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61839256

'Liberals' at work ... with enough Conservatives supporting them ...

I just want to point out that Assange has been either isolated/holed-up avoiding arrest or other prosecution or even directly incarcerated, for LONGER, both prosecution and incarcaration, that Manning...
Poooor Assange. Cry me a river.

It should come as no surprise that UCFBS sympathizes with the ringleader of a notorious, Russian-backed organization. And -- omigosh -- Mister Anti-Vax is all of a sudden worried about the First Amendment being destroyed. :rolleyes:

It should come as no surprise that UCFBS sympathizes with the ringleader of a notorious, Russian-backed organization. And -- omigosh -- Mister Anti-Vax is all of a sudden worried about the First Amendment being destroyed. :rolleyes:
The shit he rubs it out to absolutely amazing.

It should come as no surprise that UCFBS sympathizes with the ringleader of a notorious, Russian-backed organization.
You do realize that's pure McCarthyism right there, correct?

I'm not talking about whether I agree with him or not, I'm talking about the US charging him with all sorts of things that apply to Manning, but not Assange. What did he do that was illegal? Seriously. This should be a 'no brainer.'

But go ahead, be for political prosecution of someone because ... you didn't like what he posted. The sad things is ... there was no denial of what was posted! But that's not what he's even being charged with!

You do realize you're supporting the prosecution of someone for political reasons, even though what he did was not illegal, correct? And it now makes it a crime to publish anything someone else leaks.

Stop ****ing with the 1st Amendment!

"Assange is charged for his alleged complicity in illegal acts to obtain or receive voluminous databases of classified information and for agreeing and attempting to obtain classified information through computer hacking," Terwilliger said. "The United States has not charged Assange for passively obtaining or receiving classified information."

Might as well take down the NY Times and Washington Post for not just the Pentagon Papers, but the countless other documents outside of them they actively solicited during and after too!

Even the pro-political left ACLU agrees!

'Ben Wizner of the American Civil Liberties Union said prosecuting Assange under the Espionage Act is "a direct assault on the First Amendment," saying the move "establishes a dangerous precedent that can be used to target all news organizations that hold the government accountable by publishing its secrets."'

And -- omigosh -- Mister Anti-Vax is all of a sudden worried about the First Amendment being destroyed. :rolleyes:
Where have you been?! Did you forget I'm a true Liberal that has had to side with Libertarians because the left has gone full on totalitarian Progressive?

I've staunchly been arguing with Conservatives over the 1st Amendment for 15 years on this forum, and increasingly more Progressives! It's ironic that more Conservatives are starting to adopt Liberal ideas, while the Progressives destroy them.

The shit he rubs it out to absolutely amazing.
Manning had a security clearance and actually leaked the stuff Assange posted, and is actually guilty of all sorts of crimes -- including documents he signed saying he would not do!

Yet Assange has been prosecuted over a greater amount of time than Manning, while signing no such agreements, and being held to a higher standard than Manning! That's the problem!

You guys are wanting to tear down the 1st Amendment. Why? Hypocritical Hillary defenders to a fault! Just like "Her servers were never hacked" and "The FBI found nothing."

Assange did nothing illegal, let alone ... I'm sorry ... even if I don't like him, he is a journalist under the 1st Amendment definition! Otherwise ... we're back to the British and prosecuting people over speech.

Last edited:
Assange did nothing illegal, let alone ... I'm sorry ... even if I don't like him, he is a journalist under the 1st Amendment definition! Otherwise ... we're back to the British and prosecuting people over speech.
So there's some magical "Get out of Jail Free" card for Russian toadies like Assange who attack our country by claiming to be a journalist?

Tell me, in today's modern social media world, what is it that grants one 'special privileges' by the J-School priesthood versus the rest of us schmucks?

So there's some magical "Get out of Jail Free" card for Russian toadies like Assange who attack our country by claiming to be a journalist?
First off...

How did he 'attack' our country with Russia? Please explain... to a Cyber expert like me because the Hacking charge against him has no merit at all.

Secondly...

I'm definitely talking about Manning, who had nothing to do with Russia, and is being used to justify his extradition! Quit dodging that with your W. like 'The end justifies the means' and 'You're either with us or against us!'

No wonder you voted W. !!!

Do you realize every 1st Amendment group is questioning this because it was the same justification to go after Rosen, which was agreed to be - later - wrong by the AP and virtually everyone when the full details came out in 2013?!

And why and how did Manning 'get off' with far less prosecution. And answer this question for once!

Do you think Manning should have been released?! And if so, why? Obama said he 'served his time.' Did he really?!

Tell me, in today's modern social media world what is it that grants one 'special privileges' by the J-School priesthood versus the rest of us schmucks?
You mean like Rosen? Miller?

Oliver Stone is right... say 'Russia' and Americans literally remove their brain.

For someone who voted W. and now hates him for supporting is 'military adventurism,' you seem to not only support a just-as-big War Hawk in Hillary Clinton, but...

What Assange posted was not only true...

But because it didn't first come from the NY Times or Washington Post... even though the NY Times said it was very valid and in the public interest because it was true!

You're just as bad as the British who outlawed the free press because you believe only the US gov't can credential the press.

This is how Democracy dies...

First off... How did he 'attack' our country with Russia? Please explain...
You were the one who started this thread and you don't even know why we consider him a spy for the Russians??!?

The damage Assange did to the United States is unfathomable. The quarter of a million classified State Department diplomatic cables, all unredacted that he released in 2010 included names of persons throughout the world who provided information to the U.S. government with the understanding their identities would be kept confidential. By releasing these top-secret cables he deliberately put the lives of these brave US informants in grave danger.

Apparently you don't consider outing these people 'an attack.' Sadly, we'll never know how many how many of them living under cover in repressive regimes were killed thanks to that sleezebag.
Secondly...

I'm definitely talking about Manning
I could've sworn your thread was about the suffering and horrendous isolation that poor Assaunge has gone through. :rolleyes:
And why and how did Manning 'get off' with far less prosecution. And answer this question for once!
What the f*k are you talking about? Assaunge hasn't even gone to trial yet. He's been running from the law for years. Manning was sentenced to 35 years in prison for crying out loud.
Do you think Manning should have been released?! And if so, why? Obama said he 'served his time.' Did he really?!
First off, it's she, not he, Mister Libertarian. Second, Manning ended up serving seven years. Roger Stone, one of Assange's pals, had all of his felony convictions commuted by Trump without serving a day in prison. Do I like Presidential pardons? Not particularly. But that's one of the powers of the President so it is what it is.
This is how Democracy dies...
Wrong thread.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You were the one who started this thread and you don't even know why we consider him a spy for the Russians??!?

The damage Assange did to the United States is unfathomable. The quarter of a million classified State Department diplomatic cables, all unredacted that he released in 2010 included names of persons throughout the world who provided information to the U.S. government with the understanding their identities would be kept confidential. By releasing these top-secret cables he deliberately put the lives of these brave US informants in grave danger.
And yet he broke no law by publishing them. He broke no law at all!

And on the 'Russia! Russia! Russia!' front ... you do realize you're just proving my point?!?!?!
  1. The cables had nothing to do with Russian hacking! They were leaked by Manning, who was with the US Army at the time, with access to [quite insecure] State.
  2. Assange has been basically under house arrest longer than Manning ... who actually had access to and leaked the cables!
With #1 there, you literally just undermined yourself! You literally did! Publishing Manning's leaks had nothing to do with Russia! NOTHING!

The US Gov't is prosecuting him saying he 'encouraged' Manning, and that is espionage. How's that work out compared to the entire history of US Media?!

As Oliver Stone said best, it's all 'Russia' now. Don't like someone? 'Russian agent!'

Doesn't matter Podesta was actually a registered foreign agent of Russia, and was still working for his brother, well after the '90s, as the FOIA proved. Only Trump and, now, Assange are Russian assets. Sigh ... what a ****ing joke.

Especially given Podesta was more of a Russian agent than Assange! And you're in favor of punishing Assange longer than Manning?! Again, what a joke!

Everything else you posted was just argumentative. You literally take my words and, just like Mikes, re-gurgitate a lie I never made. GFY if you cannot actually quote me accurately.

You are a W. Authoritarian ... always have been, always will be. Your posts are the proof. You hate Freedom and a Free Society that forces people to face who politicians really are.

And you want them silenced ... forcibly!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT