ADVERTISEMENT

Athletics lands $5 million donation

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007

Danny White
giphy.gif

SEC should be proactive and invite UCF before Ole Miss gets the Death Penalty
Ole Miss opted for a hand-slap, self-imposed 1-yr bowl ban. But Vandy and Miss St should be bought out of the SEC, however it would cost a fortune for them to voluntarily leave this profit-sharing gravy train. And the cowbell wouldn't be quite as effective in C-USA where Miss St. belongs.

Ole Miss opted for a hand-slap, self-imposed 1-yr bowl ban. But Vandy and Miss St should be bought out of the SEC, however it would cost a fortune for them to voluntarily leave this profit-sharing gravy train. And the cowbell wouldn't be quite as effective in C-USA where Miss St. belongs.
Vandy raises the conference's GPA by 1.7 points.

I paid good money to have quite a few classes in his accounting school, any chance i could get like a $20 or something ken?
It's not "his" accounting school. He paid quite a bit more and is one of the better accounting schools in the nation. Incomes of graduates are high (accounting, nursing, engineering, and comp sci earn by far the highest starting salaries) but it's also damn hard to get through the program. I think that's why they recently started allowing the best students to get into the program. That way, they wouldn't waste students' time trying futilely (and use up scarce resources) to pass courses. The state is also requiring that on-time graduation be a primary basis for university funding. Hope the accounting you did get helped you in your career -- it usually does!

I had to to withdraw from Managerial Accounting and take it again. I also almost failed grad school accounting when I was getting my MBA at UCF. Needless to say, I am awful with numbers.

It's not "his" accounting school. He paid quite a bit more and is one of the better accounting schools in the nation. Incomes of graduates are high (accounting, nursing, engineering, and comp sci earn by far the highest starting salaries) but it's also damn hard to get through the program. I think that's why they recently started allowing the best students to get into the program. That way, they wouldn't waste students' time trying futilely (and use up scarce resources) to pass courses. The state is also requiring that on-time graduation be a primary basis for university funding. Hope the accounting you did get helped you in your career -- it usually does!

Definitely did, and you know what i mean by "his" accounting school! More appropriately, the school with his name on it. Might be shelling a few more bucks to UCF and some classes in the Dixon school for an MBA here soon.

Definitely did, and you know what i mean by "his" accounting school! More appropriately, the school with his name on it. Might be shelling a few more bucks to UCF and some classes in the Dixon school for an MBA here soon.
Hope you can get employer to foot the bill. It's tough to get in but the networking and camaraderie are invaluable.

Reactions: Miltonian
GOL is finally getting his buyout money. Ken Caldwell is going to sneak that cash in nice and quiet. No youtube rant.

Serious question, is our goal to spend and upgrade our facilities to the point that they either let us into the P-5 or we start throwing out lawsuits?

Everyone is continuing to upgrade facilities, including Div I-AA and Div II.

Regardless what conference UCF will be in, having good to top facilities will always be needed in the recruiting game for ALL sports.

If you are not improving your facilities on almost an annual basis, you will be left behind.

I returned to Penn State last year for the first time in 40 years. I wanted to vomit. Not a single academic building had been renovated or upgraded and no new academic buildings. Instead, the entire area east of campus that used to be empty fields with Beaver Stadium in the middle was now a sprawling athletics complex of new baseball field, hockey arena, etc., etc. It's now an athletics operation with a college attached. How sad! Then I went to Ann Arbor to stay with my professor cousin. Totally charming integration of town and gown, stadium tastefully adjoining the academics. That's how to do a university town. I was jealous.

Nice renderings but that damn pool is going to screw up my tailgating/parking.
Remember when the folks residing in Carillon screamed bloody murder about the noise, traffic, and rowdy behavior if we built an on-campus stadium? How it would lower their property values and quality of life?

We already have $10,000,000 of the $25 million needed. Now if we can just get K_L to open his wallet a little more and spend his money on this kind of thing instead of statues of .500 head coaches, we can reach that goal.
Have you seen the statue? That money saved wouldn't pay for 2 palm trees lining the new facilities.

We all guessed a lazy river type thing would happen thankfully its outside the stadium. But I am guessing this isn't a public pool rather athletes only.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT