ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn doesn’t respect us one iota:

Not a fan of the early signing period. I think this is causing problems. It would be better if the entire staff didn't have to split their duties between two schools. Not sure why an early signing period is necessary. I guess it will only change when a P5 school gets UCFKed over.

UCF has everything to win and nothing to lose concerning the Peach bowl. However Auburn has nothing to win and everything to lose. Note Boise State vs Oklahoma, etc.

Nothing to lose? Right. We need to win this game so we can continue our way to prove our school belongs at the top. Teams like Nebraska have nothing to prove because if they have one good year and they can make a run for a National Championship. UCF and the G5 have to be good for multiple years before they can get a nod. Losing big games like these set is back further than losing the Bahama Bowl. Our teams just have to work twice as hard to get any respect. I believe we are in the right bowl game but an undefeated team should have been in the conversation. The fact that we don't get respect is what upsets our fan base. Well, were back to a second BCS bowl in 5 years under two coaches. Let's see what Heupel can do in the next couple of years.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
That's your opinion however he will be on your campus in a few days leading your team to victory. Just know, good can come out of a bad thing.
Unfortunately, that 'good' is borderline, and it's why many of us worry he 'checked out' some 3+ weeks ago.

Who cares? They are hicks from Alabama lol. Shit school that my boy MM will throw 5+ TD's on.

I hope your players aren't thinking like that. I find it unlikely that UCF will score more than Missouri, Alabama, LSU, Georgia (twice), Miss St, or any other team they played this year did. If your team goes in with crazy expectations like dropping 5+ td passes on them, it will be a long game.

I was there too... worst ending ever. That was a long drive back home.

Wasn’t that the phantom offensive interference ending. I hope we get a G5 crew but we will probably end up with a SEC crew helping them even more.

I hope your players aren't thinking like that. I find it unlikely that UCF will score more than Missouri, Alabama, LSU, Georgia (twice), Miss St, or any other team they played this year did. If your team goes in with crazy expectations like dropping 5+ td passes on them, it will be a long game.
Its posts like this that make me want to tag @BG_Knightmare to review whether you should exist on this board. You want to bring up Bama and Georgia thats fine, but its total dishonesty when you bring up LSU, Miss State and Missouri. Now your P5 bias is really obvious, obnoxious and arrogant...and in reality is why the UCF fans want you and the P5 others to leave.

Wasn’t that the phantom offensive interference ending. I hope we get a G5 crew but we will probably end up with a SEC crew helping them even more.
No, that was #5 Georgia.

We missed an XP, was 28-27, and we got into the redzone. We went for the TD instead of the FG to put it away, our WR came up clapping, knowing they interfered, only we got the offensive pass interference call ... pushing us back out of FG range. I can still hear Daniel's voice, "WHAT?!"

It was so bad that even George O'Leary -- who was the coach at Tech at the time -- remembered it over a decade later in 2010, and brought it back up.

Defense is so over rated in College man. Majority of the time half of your secondary isn't going to the NFL. All it really takes is a few mistakes or blown coverages and you can run up the score. Look at Ole Miss. They have beaten Alabama twice recently because all they do is bomb it. Eventually the secondary will make mistakes and you can take advantage. Think USF vs FSU last year in the first quarter. They kept it close even those FSU is supposed to have some insane defence.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Defense is so over rated in College man. Majority of the time half of your secondary isn't going to the NFL. All it really takes is a few mistakes or blown coverages and you can run up the score. Look at Ole Miss. They have beaten Alabama twice recently because all they do is bomb it. Eventually the secondary will make mistakes and you can take advantage. Think USF vs FSU last year in the first quarter. They kept it close even those FSU is supposed to have some insane defence.
I watched parts of the Auburn/Missouri game the other night and sorry P5er's MIssouri isn't that good this year much less better than UCF. After watching Lock, he isn't as good as MM and their receiver corps is outclassed THIS YEAR. Heupel has inherited a team that knows how to create space, that has WRs blocking, speed everywhere, just needs the defense to wrap up better. Its on him to see what parts of his vision will improve this team. It will definitely be interesting to see.

That said yes Auburn's defense is fast and can cover from side to side. It will be fun to see our RBs attempt to sneak through that kind of aggression.

Its posts like this that make me want to tag @BG_Knightmare to review whether you should exist on this board. You want to bring up Bama and Georgia thats fine, but its total dishonesty when you bring up LSU, Miss State and Missouri. Now your P5 bias is really obvious, obnoxious and arrogant...and in reality is why the UCF fans want you and the P5 others to leave.

Tag BG_Knightmare all you want. I am well within any and all rules posted. I'm sorry if my opinion of LSU, Missouri, and Miss State don't line up perfectly with yours, but I have watched them play year in and year out. Miss State and Missouri can both drop a bunch of points on other teams. LSU's offense either explodes or implodes depending on the week. If anyone is biased it is you, but it is an anti-P5 bias. And that is fine, but don't project it on me. And if you want to believe that Milton is going to throw for 5+ touchdowns against Auburn, that's fine too. I just completely disagree.

Tag BG_Knightmare all you want. I am well within any and all rules posted. I'm sorry if my opinion of LSU, Missouri, and Miss State don't line up perfectly with yours, but I have watched them play year in and year out. Miss State and Missouri can both drop a bunch of points on other teams. LSU's offense either explodes or implodes depending on the week. If anyone is biased it is you, but it is an anti-P5 bias. And that is fine, but don't project it on me. And if you want to believe that Milton is going to throw for 5+ touchdowns against Auburn, that's fine too. I just completely disagree.
Missouri had a nice run towards the end of the year, but they arent that good. UCF is much better than they are this year.
If Miss State and LSU can have lapses against teams that weren't undefeated and in the case not P5 (Troy), then its dishonest to think that UCF has no chance. Youre basically s*** posting.

Missouri had a nice run towards the end of the year, but they arent that good. UCF is much better than they are this year.
If Miss State and LSU can have lapses against teams that weren't undefeated and in the case not P5 (Troy), then its dishonest to think that UCF has no chance. Youre basically s*** posting.

Please point out the post where I say UCF doesn't stand a chance. You can't because I never said that. In fact, I said just the opposite. See post #35 in this thread.

P5 logic posters on this board - Miss State struggled against UMass, LSU lost to Troy, Auburn struggled against FCS Mercer.

UCF will get blasted by all of them.

My Auburn buddy said he didn't want to play us. I was preparing to be really pissed off, until he said that he has been watching us this year and knows that we are really good. I think we have earned some respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT