ADVERTISEMENT

Away/Home vs. Louisville 2021 2022

I don’t blame schools like bama for not scheduling ucf since there is really no gain for them. If they schedule 4 cupcake OOC they are fortunate enough that their conference is competitive enough in the eyes of the cfp that if they do well they belong in. If they play ucf it’s one of those scenarios where they are expected to win and if they lose its a huge ordeal. If you’re going to schedule 3-4 g5 games for your ooc why schedule a ucf or Houston when you can just schedule a fiu or southern miss and get a free win.

They are actually giving Saban some flak here in Alabama over it, and not just the Auburn fans, but Alabama fans too.
With half the SEC being awful at this point and being able to lose your only tough game and avoid playing and potentially losing in a conference title game yet still get elected as one of 4 teams eligible to win a CFP natty. Why would they want to risk a loss in out of conference play? The committee already said you can have a shitty schedule and not win your conference if your name is Alabama.

I don’t blame schools like bama for not scheduling ucf since there is really no gain for them..

I don't mind that, it's the dishonesty of "but they don't play anybody" that is the issue. I'm ok with them saying they need a tune up game instead of a challenge...

Reactions: Mikesi
Exactly. Why not just come out and say that they have nothing to gain by playing UCF, everything to lose, need a 1 and done financially and admit that they don’t want to play us.

Exactly. Why not just come out and say that they have nothing to gain by playing UCF, everything to lose, need a 1 and done financially and admit that they don’t want to play us.
It would help our argument that the teams that would help our chances of getting in are avoiding us so they won’t admit it publicly.

Reactions: Mikesi

Who exactly do you want to say that? The AD? The discussions relating to scheduling between AD's will never be public. And it shouldn't. If you are looking for a fan to say it, I'll say it as a Gator fan. I don't want to play UCF because we have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. I don't want to play USF or even FAU now for that matter. FIU, maybe, but I'd rather have a team from out of state. Preferably Louisiana or Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT